Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
volodyalysak said:
I'm just curious how many of those young people with great education and IELTS are applying every 2 weeks ? I don't really thing it that many, i believe that Canadian government doing some revisions to EE now and they issue low number of ITA's to keep extra ITA's for revised version of EE.
Drug, many get PNP nominations.. which are 600 extra points. I would say based on my observations, at least 150 per draw come via PNP.

Gorbzilla

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
Are there any other rules around OINP beyond needing 400+ points (and 67 on the original score system)?

For example are they selective about the NOC codes they select from? Do they prioritise candidates with some sort of prior Canadian connection whether its work or education.

It just feels like there would be a LOT of candidates with 400+ points and a degree in the pool.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Gorbzilla said:
Are there any other rules around OINP beyond needing 400+ points (and 67 on the original score system)?

For example are they selective about the NOC codes they select from? Do they prioritise candidates with some sort of prior Canadian connection whether its work or education.

It just feels like there would be a LOT of candidates with 400+ points and a degree in the pool.
There is no other criteria as of now. But I think OINP will change the criteria for 2017 nominations.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
Sluffy said:
Before the ITA drop in May 2016 there were about 1000 people with the score 470+ every two weeks.
Now there about 750 people with score 482+ every two weeks.

so there are 250 people with the score between 470 and 481 are entering every two weeks into EE.

We had 8 draws since May, so there are about 2000 people in the pool scored 470-481
+1

pats2177 said:
Not any province. This is done by only Ontario province. If you have a score of 400+, you will receive a PT notification from Ontario province. Other provinces have their own requirements to fulfill. However, Ontario province does not have many restrictions, all they need is a 400+ score and they will invite you.
Thank you for the information...

Mrudul

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
11-11-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
pats2177 said:
Not any province. This is done by only Ontario province. If you have a score of 400+, you will receive a PT notification from Ontario province. Other provinces have their own requirements to fulfill. However, Ontario province does not have many restrictions, all they need is a 400+ score and they will invite you.
I am in pool since June with 478 score but I have not received PT notification. I also understand that additionally you also need to send and Application for PNP (check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html).

Am I right.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I think OINP does not invite as of yet, and will resume in october.

What you've got to do is to choose Ontario as preferred province.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Mrudul said:
I am in pool since June with 478 score but I have not received PT notification. I also understand that additionally you also need to send and Application for PNP (check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html).

Am I right.
Check the professions for Ontario. I am an IT Professional and got Ontario Expression of Interest the day I created my profile. My CRS was 470

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
jaymax said:
Check the professions for Ontario. I am an IT Professional and got Ontario Expression of Interest the day I created my profile. My CRS was 470
Did you indicate anywhere on your EE online profile that you prefer Ontario?

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Yes I selected all provinces in intended province field. (Was kind of desperate)

**Update** Ontario nominations are closed. No one will be getting anything till they reopen. Sorry guys

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello every one,

I am in a confused situation, I did my veterinary science bachelors from India, did my WES evaluation which states Canadian equivalency to 5 years of professional study in veterinary medicine and I need licence to practice it. On other hand, I came to Canada in 2012 Jan as student to centennial college and graduated from food science diploma which is of 2 year duration (16 months: 4 semesters Fast track). Now when i made a EE profile i was unaware of extra points i get awarded and just made a profile by choosing level of education bachelors to bachelors and diploma as diploma, i was stuck at 461. Later i realized from forum that i can claim points and made changes to my EE profile as Two or more degree option, suddenly my points bumped up to 481.

After reading some question and answers on forum, i went on to a page that one of our friend suggested in this thread http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
and currently, my human capital: Level of education in CRS calculation is 128 but i see 135 will be awarded if i choose professional degree needed to practice since veterinary medicine falls under it.
So i did choose level of education for Veterinary as professional degree needed to practice and WES report provided, Diploma from Canada level of education i filled two or more degree since this diploma is not related to veterinary science and doesnt need a licence to work.But points didn't bump up, i am still at 128 for education factor
I am applying under veterinary technician Primary NOC 3213 with 2 year of experience and other jobs i did falling under B category for a period of 1.5 year, since i am not currently licenced as veterinarian but still i am in the field and trying to clear my licence.

Should i put level of education same for both? Is that the misinterpretation of the data?

Please advice, if i can make improvement in points? please.

Thank you every one.