+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

40th Draw - Ray of Hope

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
So after the disappointingly high 39th draw cutoff score... Let's connect here and encourage each other.

So far CIC really is living up to what they said about issuing low number of ITAs until September 2016... But all the same, this really is demotivating and frustrating for me. Even after so much effort to raise my CRS score, I am still nowhere :(

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
DamhaSirah said:
So after the disappointingly high 39th draw cutoff score... Let's connect here and encourage each other.

So far CIC really is living up to what they said about issuing low number of ITAs until September 2016... But all the same, this really is demotivating and frustrating for me. Even after so much effort to raise my CRS score, I am still nowhere :(
Don't be demotivated or frustrated. I was expecting this result because it follows the trend which confirms that they're clearing a backlog of sorts.

There is still time, there are still many draws this year, there is much you can do to prepare yourself - your entire life doesn't need to be put on hold for this shot at a golden ticket.

I learned a long time ago to stop worrying about the things that are truly out of your control, but to really worry and focus on the things that are. You have your professional career to improve on and master, bolster your finances (which can improve your employability), you have family and friends that you might not be able to see for a while when your time comes to move away to your new Canadian lands you call your new home. Enjoy your moments with them while you're still within reachable distance, especially the people that matter in your life like your parents. You'll miss that and all this free time when it's gone.

So do everything you can now to make sure that the man/woman you become when and if you do finally make it to Canada is the sort of person you would respect and want to meet. Even if you didn't make it to Canada, you are still a better person for being willing to undertake the journey.

I'm not particularly religious by nature, so I won't use platitudes to speak for the divine presence in your life, but if you have such a faith, let it be the motivator in your life not to hope that it happens, but to give you the determination to become better as a person.

Good luck to everyone. Your time will come and I hope that till then, you are making the most fruitful use of it as humanly possible.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
siddharthbala said:
Don't be demotivated or frustrated. I was expecting this result because it follows the trend which confirms that they're clearing a backlog of sorts.

There is still time, there are still many draws this year, there is much you can do to prepare yourself - your entire life doesn't need to be put on hold for this shot at a golden ticket.

I learned a long time ago to stop worrying about the things that are truly out of your control, but to really worry and focus on the things that are. You have your professional career to improve on and master, bolster your finances (which can improve your employability), you have family and friends that you might not be able to see for a while when your time comes to move away to your new Canadian lands you call your new home. Enjoy your moments with them while you're still within reachable distance, especially the people that matter in your life like your parents. You'll miss that and all this free time when it's gone.

So do everything you can now to make sure that the man/woman you become when and if you do finally make it to Canada is the sort of person you would respect and want to meet. Even if you didn't make it to Canada, you are still a better person for being willing to undertake the journey.

I'm not particularly religious by nature, so I won't use platitudes to speak for the divine presence in your life, but if you have such a faith, let it be the motivator in your life not to hope that it happens, but to give you the determination to become better as a person.

Good luck to everyone. Your time will come and I hope that till then, you are making the most fruitful use of it as humanly possible.
A hopeful +1 to you. All the best.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddharthbala said:
Backlog is always there like since the beginning of time. The reason they reduce the ITAs for economic stream is to switch the focus to refugees and family reunification. Mr. McCallum has been saying so like several months already.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
siddharthbala said:

Many thanks for this :)

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
siddharthbala said:

You deserve a medal sir. Well said.
It's so easy to feel frustrated and give up in times like these. And you might accept that as reality.

But migrating is a dream and dreams feed on hope and chances.

We can discuss about statistics and cry that 482 is the new cut off and everyone below that should just quit...but forums like these were created not to downplay people's dreams but to strengthen them.

So cheer up keep yourselves busy and stop worrying :)

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
siddharthbala said:

Siddharth, way to go.
After seeing 480+ in recent draws and thinking that I'm late by three months, I felt low for sure.
But Next morning, up and running in day-to-day life.

Posts like these motivates too. Keep it up everyone and don't hope too much before September. :)

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DamhaSirah said:

You have no need to be disappointed. I have been trying since 2014, and it seems I am finally about to receive PPR. This is a road with many ups and downs, but it leads somewhere when you keep following it. With your score, you will absolutely have an ITA soon enough. After September you are definitely in.

And a general note for those around or under 400, I do believe the hype about the scores falling down to 400 or lower with big volume draws is indeed true. You are all very qualified people, and Canada knows it. The current trend ever since EE began is due to backlog. It will clear out soon. Hang in there.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Draws happen every two weeks, and threads like this will always pop up. And with threads like this, someone will eventually ask "what do you guys think the cut off will be?"
...We'll eventually read posts like "draws will be 482 and up from now on....be realistic about it.....drop your Canadian dreams already"....and from hereon loads and loads of frustration posts will arise.

If you've been part of this forum for quite a while, I think it's an accepted truth already that #1 draws are bleak at the moment; #2 CIC is struggling to keep up with the number of backlog applications; #3 most provinces have closed their nomination intake.....with that said, let's not aggravate the situation by adding hate and frustration to the situation. Let's keep it simple, calm, and positive. You'll love yourself more hehe

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
haznac said:
You have no need to be disappointed. I have been trying since 2014, and it seems I am finally about to receive PPR. This is a road with many ups and downs, but it leads somewhere when you keep following it. With your score, you will absolutely have an ITA soon enough. After September you are definitely in.

And a general note for those around or under 400, I do believe the hype about the scores falling down to 400 or lower with big volume draws is indeed true. You are all very qualified people, and Canada knows it. The current trend ever since EE began is due to backlog. It will clear out soon. Hang in there.
Thanks Haznac for the encouragement! :)

LokiJr01 said:
Draws happen every two weeks, and threads like this will always pop up. And with threads like this, someone will eventually ask "what do you guys think the cut off will be?"
...We'll eventually read posts like "draws will be 482 and up from now on....be realistic about it.....drop your Canadian dreams already"....and from hereon loads and loads of frustration posts will arise.

If you've been part of this forum for quite a while, I think it's an accepted truth already that #1 draws are bleak at the moment; #2 CIC is struggling to keep up with the number of backlog applications; #3 most provinces have closed their nomination intake.....with that said, let's not aggravate the situation by adding hate and frustration to the situation. Let's keep it simple, calm, and positive. You'll love yourself more hehe
This backlog keeps coming in after every few years even though they discarded ~350,000 applications in 2012 to clear pre-2012 backlog. Maybe they should hire more people in CIC to process applications, thus creating more job opportunities for the many people looking for employment in Canada. They do and can charge money from applicants for processing the applications, so it won't be expensive to hire more staff... Just a thought.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
DamhaSirah said:
Maybe they should hire more people in CIC to process applications, thus creating more job opportunities for the many people looking for employment in Canada. They do and can charge money from applicants for processing the applications, so it won't be expensive to hire more staff... Just a thought.
That would be quite hilarious, actually - Immigrant's first job after landing in the new promised land of Canada? Processing other immigrant applications.

Guaranteed job for every immigrant landing is to process the papers of the guy/girl after him!

CIC, for this glorious concept I shall accept a cheque made out to "Cash", thank you. ;D

Also, thanks for the re-affirmations and support guys. :)

Chin up and be the best you can be and nations will be falling over themselves to count you among their own.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
siddharthbala said:
That would be quite hilarious, actually - Immigrant's first job after landing in the new promised land of Canada? Processing other immigrant applications.
I did not say hire immigrants immediately after landing for this role... There are thousands of unemployed qualified people/qualified people doing odd jobs in Canada even after residing there for the last 4-5 years. I can name half my friends, extended family and relatives living like that in Toronto, Brampton, Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver...

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DamhaSirah said:
I did not say hire immigrants immediately after landing for this role... There are thousands of unemployed qualified people/qualified people doing odd jobs in Canada even after residing there for the last 4-5 years. I can name half my friends, extended family and relatives living like that in Toronto, Brampton, Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver...
Don't you think if you are qualified and hireable you should not be doing odd jobs after 5 years landing here? The reasons why many immigrants with Masters or PhD degrees are driving taxis or working as security guards is because they don't actively upgrade their skill set to adapt to the new country. You cannot bring your exp and knowledge from your home country to Canada and expect everything will be the same. Sometimes, you need to start from an entry level job but at least in your field.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
DamhaSirah said:
Even after 4-5 years if you cant land in a decent job (related to your study or exp), Given you have the skill set. There is something seriously wrong from our side.