+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

400-453

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
438 and patiently waiting. Draw #6's cut off was at 453 so why do people feel that the cut off won't drop below 450 till September ?

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
Helios24 said:
438 and patiently waiting. Draw #6's cut off was at 453 so why do people feel that the cut off won't drop below 450 till September ?
Its all speculation. Nobody in the forum knows about the cutoff. Dont lisiten to anybody just play the wait and see game. ;)

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
426 !!!
HoW long time will I have after getting ITA ??
I don't have PCC now.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ivan.Galv said:
Yes, that's right. 25 applicants in 420-453 range. (26 with you)
And 48 applicants total in the Express Entry pool with any score.
And Santa Claus exists:)

How do they know that? Only 20 applicants?
I am on 418 and will get few more points when my Hus get IELTS result this week.
Can I expect ITA then?
We were going to create a profile for my Hus and started LMIA process for him for safety!!!!!

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
i have a feeling that if the score wont go down to 400 by june, we will be waiting til november to get an ITA.

chloez1127

Apr 11, 2015
Hello All,
I will have a one year work experience at the end of June 2015.
WES is on the way.
Now I am preparing for the upcoming IELTS on May 9, hoping that I could get CLB 9 in the first attempt.
With CLB9 in all 4 parts, I will get 455 in EE.

hope all good luck ;)

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
gmduncanidaho said:
Those were my thoughts exactly. It would be hard for CIC to reach their goals if they don't reduce the minimum scores for the ITAs, unless they are planning to mass invite in the last quarter of the year and increase the processing time (maybe even longer than their goal of 6 months) instead of reducing the minimum score for invitations.

One mistake most of us (including me) are doing here is that assuming that CIC will keep a steady number of invitations coming throughout the year, but in reality they can just reduce the number of ITAs issued for a while or do more stream specific (e.g. CEC only) draws until the number of people on the pool will get to a point where the top 20000 people (assuming that's the number at that point they will need to reach their goal) will be at a minimum of, say 300 points. This way they ensure that all the ITAs they issue will have gone to highly skilled people or people who already adjusted to Canadian life (CEC).

From what I understand his reasoning was similar to my description above; they will keep inviting people over 450 to get the people with the highest skills ("geniuses" in his words), the people the market needs currently (LMIA & PNP), and the people who already adjusted to Canadian life (CEC) until they get close to the end of the year. I guess then he is expecting CIC to start inviting many thousands of Vanilla-FSW applicants (No LMIA, No CEC, No PNP) per draw to reach their goals.

So again I believe he thinks that the number of ITAs issued won't be as high as they were in the previous draws in the Q2 and Q3 draws, but would be very high in Q4 draws. Or CIC will have CEC only draws pretty often (depending on the number of people on that stream)

This kind of makes sense to me especially since Canada would want to get the best of the best among the applicants and would want to keep the minimum score to be invited for PR at a maximum. At the last quarter of the year, the number of people between 300 and 600 would be very high, and a significant portion of the FSW goal would have been filled with LMIA holders already, increasing the minimum CRS needed for invitation. This would allow them to select only applicants scoring very high on the scale and not invite people below 300.

Naturally I'm making these numbers up but to provide a better context, what's important is that you understand my reasoning.

He even said he doesn't want me to pay him before I get an ITA because he wouldn't want to "steal my money". It was pretty discouraging. This is a very well known lawyer in Toronto too so I think he knows what he's talking about...
Who's the lawyer?

nrj123

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 440 points. my spouse has not given ielts yet. Should she also try taking ielts? Will it make much difference?