+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 weeks vacation in, followed by 4 weeks out, How it will be considered?

Yemeni

Jan 21, 2012
Dear All,
Please your advice,

I am a PR and working in the Red Sea ,Middle East, with non-Canadian company for 4 weeks followed by 4 weeks vacation (in Canada). and i want to know if the 4 weeks working outside Canada can be calculated +ve for the citizenship or it will be consider as absence which mean it is impossible for me to get the citizenship if I continue 4 weeks in/4 weeks outside ?

Your help is highly appreciated ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Time outside Canada is never calculated towards citizenship so yeah, if you continue to do 4 weeks in and 4 weeks out, you will never reach 3 years in a 4 year period and never be able to apply for citizenship. You will however be able to keep your PR because you will have 2.5 years in Canada out of every 5 but you only need 2.

Yemeni

Jan 21, 2012
Leon said:
Time outside Canada is never calculated towards citizenship so yeah, if you continue to do 4 weeks in and 4 weeks out, you will never reach 3 years in a 4 year period and never be able to apply for citizenship. You will however be able to keep your PR because you will have 2.5 years in Canada out of every 5 but you only need 2.
Many Thanks Leon for your reply,

This mean I have to search for a job inside Canada, If I want to get citizenship.

Thanks again leon