+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

#4 on IMM008 form, Immigration Office Requested for processing this application

anand_r

Jul 24, 2011
Hello All,

What is the best answer for the #4 box in the IMM008 form i.e. Immigration Office Requested for processing this application:

Case processing pilot-Ottawa OR
CPP-O ?

The field length limitation on the box doesnt allow Case processing pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O) [as mentioned in the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/canada.asp]

Thank You!

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is asking for which immigration office you like for processing, If you are likely to be In Canada type CPP-O for ottawa, if you are going back to home country and think u will be there for longer than expected type applicable visa office of your country

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
anand_r said:
Hello All,

What is the best answer for the #4 box in the IMM008 form i.e. Immigration Office Requested for processing this application:

Case processing pilot-Ottawa OR
CPP-O ?

The field length limitation on the box doesnt allow Case processing pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O) [as mentioned in the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/canada.asp]

Thank You!
hi there if you are not sure about immigration office. leave it blank. CPP-O is immigration office by default.
If you plan to stay in Canada during the process, put CPP-OTTAWA in that field.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rosty2 said:
hi there if you are not sure about immigration office. leave it blank. CPP-O is immigration office by default.
If you plan to stay in Canada during the process, put CPP-OTTAWA in that field.
If you don't select a processing office, there is an excellent chance the application will be returned. CIC are not mind readers.

evgen84

Nov 8, 2013
Hello,
I am applying for CEC.
I am citizen of Latvia and currently live and work in United States under work visa. Which office works for me?

Thank you.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ALL CEC applications are being processed at CPP-Ottawa. No matter what you put in that field, the VO
will correct it to CPR ( = CPP-O ) and send it there.
DONT leave it blank, as this might be a reason for the VO to send the application back.

Blacksning

Apr 19, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

If you don't select a processing office, there is an excellent chance the application will be returned. CIC are not mind readers.
Are you 100% sure? I left blank for question #4 and just mailed out the package last Monday. Feel sad I did not come here to see the posts and carefully read the instruction on CIC website. Wait for the return....

Blacksning

Apr 19, 2012
byrwus said:
you should be fine as lots of the users put garbage in there and they still receive AORs.

it looks like for CEC there is only one correct answer: CPP-Ottawa.

see my previous post in this thread.
it s been copy-pasted from a cic cec manual.

link to the manual in the post.
"...Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above." So for my view, it might be required to put a visa office name there, but not just leave blank. However, hopefully as you state that I will be fine. And I will put the response from CIO here once I have it.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Blacksning said:
"...Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above." So for my view, it might be required to put a visa office name there, but not just leave blank. However, hopefully as you state that I will be fine. And I will put the response from CIO here once I have it.
As you've already seen, several times, CPP-Ottawa processes ALL applications - leaving it blank or putting in something else won't result in you being penalized. The CIO officer will just write it in if that field is incorrect - we've seen this happen before

Blacksning

Apr 19, 2012
lpc19800 said:
As you've already seen, several times, CPP-Ottawa processes ALL applications - leaving it blank or putting in something else won't result in you being penalized. The CIO officer will just write it in if that field is incorrect - we've seen this happen before
So you are meaning my application will not be returned for leaving #4 question blank? I love your statement!

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Blacksning said:
So you are meaning my application will not be returned for leaving #4 question blank? I love your statement!
Highly unlikely - there is always confusion over that field. Officers just correct it - it's not like you can choose your office