+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3years old Child born outside canada for PR parents

HassanS

Jun 5, 2013
Hi,

I would like to get your kind advice.

I have a child who was born outside of Canada. Me and and my wife and other children were issued recently travel documents to enter Canada after our PR expired. How can I take the last child with us since he doesn't hold a PR or travel documents. Should I apply for a visit visa for him? what if it got refused? my child is 3 years old and attached still to his mother who must travel and stay with me in Canada for two years.

I would much appreciate your help.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You will have to apply for a TRV. If that fails you can try for a TRP. Curious if you got a PRTD to come back to Canada and if your H&C was accepted. That would probably make a difference in when you can apply for a PR for the child.

HassanS

Jun 5, 2013
CIC requested to submit my original passport for me and wife and my other PR kids so hopefully we are all in our final stage of getting the PRTD (which was based on H&C reasons). I am worried about my last kid who was born outside of Canada, how can he accompany us all without a PR or Travel documents.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
CIC requested to submit my original passport for me and wife and my other PR kids so hopefully we are all in our final stage of getting the PRTD (which was based on H&C reasons). I am worried about my last kid who was born outside of Canada, how can he accompany us all without a PR or Travel documents.
As per post from Buletruck the child will need a TRV plus passport to travel to Canada there is no way around that even to just board a plane.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Me and my wife and other children were issued recently travel documents to enter Canada after our PR expired.
CIC requested to submit my original passport for me and wife and my other PR kids so hopefully we are all in our final stage of getting the PRTD (which was based on H&C reasons).
So did you receive you PRTD on H&C or not? I'm a bit confused?

Since you have already submitted for a PRTD, I don't see any reason not to apply for a TRV now. It certainly won't make much difference for your H&C claim at this point. Others can correct me If I am wrong.
If you have the PRTD and your H&C was accepted, you should be able to apply for his PR when you arrive in Canada. You should be able to get a new PR card once you arrive in Canada if your claim was accepted and start the sponsorship process.

If your claim hasn't been accepted, you'll have much bigger things to worry about if it is rejected (like an appeal if you choose to do so) as it will start the revocation process of your PR.

rubiya1

Jul 6, 2017
So did you receive you PRTD on H&C or not? I'm a bit confused?

Since you have already submitted for a PRTD, I don't see any reason not to apply for a TRV now. It certainly won't make much difference for your H&C claim at this point. Others can correct me If I am wrong.
If you have the PRTD and your H&C was accepted, you should be able to apply for his PR when you arrive in Canada. You should be able to get a new PR card once you arrive in Canada if your claim was accepted and start the sponsorship process.

If your claim hasn't been accepted, you'll have much bigger things to worry about if it is rejected (like an appeal if you choose to do so) as it will start the revocation process of your PR.
SAME issue with me child born outside cic not give trv 3 times refuse

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
SAME issue with me child born outside cic not give trv 3 times refuse
This is not surprising. A TRV is for those who will leave Canada at the end of their visit. This is not the case with this scenario and so a TRP is the next step.
If that is also refused, then the family will need to split geographically for the period of sponsorship application processing.

HassanS

Jun 5, 2013
Thank you all.

Lets say that I got the PRTD (based on H&C) for me , my wife and three kids. Will be able to request a Visa for my forth child who is only 3 years old to join us. We certainly cant leave him behind. We will be given a last chance to enter and renew our PR cards. What can we do to bring him with us?
I believe that the PRTD is valid only for a short period of time and one we are IN we wont be able to leave until we fulfill the two years period, right?
beside If I go by my self will I be able to issue a PR for the child and his Mother ? How long would it take? do I need to be settled and have a job to bring them ? Can I request a temporary visa for the Child until we sort his status there in Canada? He is still dependent on me financially and very attached to his mother. When I applied for PRTD I mentioned that I had a child outside of Canada but the visa officer on (VAC) requested to submit only our paper and said if we get approved to make another request for him!!! I dont understand!
I am worried now that I get refusal for a visitor visa or temporary permit since the purpose is actually to make him stay with us.
Should I attach a letter to visa application explaining our situation ?
Please help me. I would really appreciate a quick respond.

rubiya1

Jul 6, 2017
This is not surprising. A TRV is for those who will leave Canada at the end of their visit. This is not the case with this scenario and so a TRP is the next step.
If that is also refused, then the family will need to split geographically for the period of sponsorship application processing.

can we renew pr card on HC ground on this base ?

HassanS

Jun 5, 2013
Thank you all.

Lets say that I got the PRTD (based on H&C) for me , my wife and three kids. Will be able to request a Visa for my forth child who is only 3 years old to join us. We certainly cant leave him behind. We will be given a last chance to enter and renew our PR cards. What can we do to bring him with us?
I believe that the PRTD is valid only for a short period of time and one we are IN we wont be able to leave until we fulfill the two years period, right?
beside If I go by my self will I be able to issue a PR for the child and his Mother ? How long would it take? do I need to be settled and have a job to bring them ? Can I request a temporary visa for the Child until we sort his status there in Canada? He is still dependent on me financially and very attached to his mother. When I applied for PRTD I mentioned that I had a child outside of Canada but the visa officer on (VAC) requested to submit only our paper and said if we get approved to make another request for him!!! I dont understand!
I am worried now that I get refusal for a visitor visa or temporary permit since the purpose is actually to make him stay with us.
Should I attach a letter to visa application explaining our situation ?
Please help me. I would really appreciate a quick respond.

OK I received my passport today and was stamped with R-1 category ? Is this OK? or must it be RC-1

HassanS

Jun 5, 2013
it's also multiple ? what does it mean ?

am I allowed to leave after returning back?

is this just a visa or a PR ?

must I stay two years before renewing my PR card?

on the right hand side a number is printed on RED color vertically starts with C17.... what is that?

Please help :(

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
can we renew pr card on HC ground on this base ?
Definitely not. If a PR makes a personal choice to not have their baby outside Canada, that is not a H&C reasons to not meet the RO.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your PR TD was issued on humanitarian grounds, you can apply to renew PR card right away. However, what humanitarian grounds you had for not meeting the RO (residency obligation) in the past may not hold for the future so if you do not spend the next 2 years in Canada, you risk that they could catch you on entry in the future and report you for still not meeting the RO.

As for the non PR child, you need to apply for a TRV and write a cover letter stating that you need a TRV for this child to accompany your family. However, should they be unable to issue a TRV for him, you would like to ask for a TRP based on that the child is still young and needs his mother and you can not leave him alone in your home country while you and the rest of your family go to Canada to meet your RO.

In case they deny both TRV and TRP, you can leave your wife and child in your home country and apply to sponsor him as soon as you come to Canada. You would have to stay in Canada yourself as you are the sponsor. Once the sponsorship comes through, your wife would have to apply for another PR TD as hers will likely have expired.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Leon, PMM, Scylla,

Seeking your advice.

As the family PR cards are due to expire on September 2018, we have decided to move on June 2017. The move to Canada was delayed due to the sickness of parents who passed away on December 2015 and July 2016. My wife get pregnant and her delivery was expected on June 2017. Based on that we moved to Canada as planned. But my wife did not accept to deliver with male obstetrician as the two midwives entities are fully booked in Mississauga. My wife’s decision was based on religious, cultural, tradition and personal preferences. We returned back!

My wife decided to return back two weeks after arrival as a doctor of her own gender is an option which is not available overall Canada. We miss guided before the move and no clear information was available on this instance in any site. The two hospitals in Mississauga decided not to accommodate my wife’s preference when it is based on her deeply rooted religious and cultural background, personal preference and past one visit experience with a male doctor. Asking for a doctor of a particular sex in these hospitals overly rigid over the psychological preference of my wife which might affect her situation, feelings, emotions, etc. during delivery time. I am not a lawyer to interpret the Canadian acts, Canadian personal and privacy act, Canada Charter of rights and freedom or any other acts that give the Canadians and residents the right to challenge hospitals.

Nevertheless, other factors may be considered in our case as we are stateless family holding travel documents and in principle we falls under the mandate of UNHCR if we are outside certain region!. The best of interest of children with refugee status. Family support during the sickness of parents especially with my situation as I am the eldest son!

I am not sure if I consult a lawyer can consider my case as a strong case to present to CIC or whether crossing the US border to Canada with our fourth child who do not have a PR might be another solution. ! May be...

I am aware of other option to move alone and wait till I meet the residency obligation, but this will put the kids in a situation to loose their PR as they will be with their mother. Secondly, the scenario of splitting the family is not an option for us.

Appreciate your advice.

Could you please clarify when you landed and how much time you have spent in Canada.