3rd March 2018 IELTS Results...

sd13

Mar 17, 2018
Overall 8.5 US

L 8.5
R 9
W 7
S 8.5

I'm pretty shocked at my writing score. I'm positive I hit the word count. Considering the recount but that looks insanely expensive. Pretty sick of being ripped off by ielts, not sure if I should give them more of my money.
Overall 8 (IDP India)
L 8
R 9
W 7
S 8.5

I too am perplexed about my W score since I too was pretty much slightly above the word count.

Discretion of the examiner is strange at times.

However, what makes me wonder is that with a cumulative score of 33 , you have an overall band of 8.5 while mine is an 8 with a cumulative 32.5

Isn't it taken as an average and rounded off ?

Trying to understand the nearest decimals value here as even a single point matters during CRS points calculations.

Any thoughts ?

Jkcp

Mar 6, 2016
Did anybody write the test in Ontario? I could not access the online results. Anybody have the same issues as I do? Thank you.

Ajay Abraham

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
Can everybody see the result in Candidate Area? I can see the preview of results in results page and not in candidate area yet.

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application
Any1 from uae
My result is withheld of 3rd march.. any1 else experience same...

Canadaluck

Mar 12, 2018
For writing, you should try finding evaluator's comments on essays, this is the best way to understand what you need to get a higher score in my opinion.

I used those books published by Cambridge, they either have essays written by evaluators or submitted by test takers, in which case there are also comments explaining why the specific piece of writing was awarded a particular score. I had not written any significant piece of text in last 10 years and was really worried by looking at the scores my friends used to get in writing. I mostly focussed on understanding what is needed to get a good score and got 7.5 for writing in my first attempt after spending a week in practice.

Once you have a good idea of what the evaluator wants, all you need to do is practice. Also, it is very important to understand the question well and in your answer, cover what the answer demands.
well, thanks for your suggestions. Will surely work on this to get better scores !!

Reactions: sachin.india

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
well, thanks for your suggestions. Will surely work on this to get better scores !!
Scahin's given some good feeback
I'd recommend going with the Cambridge's books
They've got good input for writing,whilst the word count is important - addressing and tackling the type of question asked especially with Section 2 and using the right tone and language for the letter (whether it is formal or informal) will go a long way in hitting the requisite band

janvi2346

Mar 15, 2018
Overall 8 (IDP India)
L 8
R 9
W 7
S 8.5

I too am perplexed about my W score since I too was pretty much slightly above the word count.

Discretion of the examiner is strange at times.

However, what makes me wonder is that with a cumulative score of 33 , you have an overall band of 8.5 while mine is an 8 with a cumulative 32.5

Isn't it taken as an average and rounded off ?

Trying to understand the nearest decimals value here as even a single point matters during CRS points calculations.

Any thoughts ?

Hi
If the average of the four components ends in .25, the Overall Band Score is rounded up to the next half band, and if it ends in .75, the Overall Band Score is rounded up to the next whole band. If the average ends with a fraction below .25 or .75, the overall score is rounded down.
Since yours was below 8.25 it got rounded down to 8

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
No not yer and Yes Iam
Expecting good score but dnt know why it's with Held.....what abt you ? Did you receive any update from test centre
Not yet! I'm looking forward to hearing about it.
There are several reasons for withholding:
-Random quality check
-high band scores especially when the difference between skills are more than 2 scores
-difference in handwriting
I got an email due to the random check ! Yours was the same reason?
My exam was general, how about yours?
Thanks

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
Hello,
This is part of the email I got today:
"At this time we cannot give you a definite date for the release of results as the analysis undertaken is an extensive process. The release of results will not be delayed for any longer than necessary but appropriate measures must be taken to protect the integrity of all IELTS results.
We will provide you with an update on progress of the analysis on or before Thursday 29th March 2018."

saeed10410

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hello,
This is part of the email I got today:
"At this time we cannot give you a definite date for the release of results as the analysis undertaken is an extensive process. The release of results will not be delayed for any longer than necessary but appropriate measures must be taken to protect the integrity of all IELTS results.
We will provide you with an update on progress of the analysis on or before Thursday 29th March 2018."
Did you receive this email after your query or they just sent it by their own as an update?