+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3rd March 2018 IELTS Results...

zeshan

Aug 18, 2013
i took the test at IDP as well.So anyone here who got his result from IDP please share his experience

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
Got the TRF on Saturday. As it's a pretty hectic week for me, didn't get the time to share my results here. Unfortunately, my listening score made me bow down but this being my first attempt, I'm now well versed with the structure to be followed in writing so that's a good omen for me.

L 7.5 :(
R 7
W 7.5
S 7

I hope I'd be able to notch up my listening while carrying on with the same trend in writing in my second attempt.

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
My essay was about
People spending more time and money on sports or cuktural events is that good or bad ?
My essaay started with

Each year millenials are spenidng more time and money on live sports and cultural events.millenials spend more time and money on experiences rather then passasions.for them the meaning of life is all about capturing momments through these events and this change in the millenials generation is leading to a ecnomical growth.

For such people when it comes to money experiences trumph over assets. This craving for experiences is mainly due to social nature of the millennials generation and the social media also has a big role in sharing these experiences with frienda and families . Such as live races or cultural dances. Consumers desier more wealth in order to afford the expensive tickets to these events

Although economy might be boosting with the millennials spending habits,
One should not for get that assets are still valuable and millennials shoukd also consider savings.millennials are known as the spend thrift of this generation . And thier experiences seemed mommentary rather then long lasting . Commodoties may be getting more expensive as time goes by and when it will come time for the millennials to settle down they wont be able to afford it

Although the countries economy might be flourshing.the welfare of the country should also be considerd. But for the time being these events possesses the power to attract and retain the millennials thruogh carefullu planned and thought stragerties, globaly this phenonena is keeping the millennials thinking of today and not tommorow .
Your essay deviated from the core of the question just from the start. You should have discussed the aspect of millennial's being heavy spenders on sports and cultural events in addition to other people who do the same rather you have based your essay on it and have voraciously skidded away from the main question which is being asked here.

Next time, when you come across this type of essay where you have to provide your opinion whether negative or positive, stick to the one side and then build up your essay on that. And off course, don't forget to rephrase the question in your first paragraph as well as shed light on what opinion you hold in the very same paragraph.

I hope this will help you and I wish you good luck in your next attempt. May you see success soon.

Reactions: zee aziz

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
There's one thing I want to share with you guys! I know the below situation is hard to believe, it this really happened.

I was in China on the 13th day, waiting for my results online. It had actually been declared for most of the candidates as the drop down showed 3rd March date. However, after trying multiple times it was still displaying " No Results Found".

Out of anxiety, I called up the test center in UAE from China and they said that my result was withheld. I did not understand this concept of withholding of results until then. I searched internet and understood that this wait could be from 1week to even 6months (rarest case). I was completely broke. However, i was still refreshing the page in anxiety to get the result, then this thing happened.

The result with the exact same score appeared. 8.5,7.5,7.5,7.5. I actually saw it that very day. I was excited, shared news with my family back here in India. At that moment I did not realize to take a screenshot of the webpage. After all of this happy discussions, I tried to reload the page to confirm if what i saw was true, and BANG...the page again shows up as No Results Found..The happiness only lasted for a few minutes..and was broke.

The worst part for me here was as compared to other candidates was that i knew what my initial result was..and now i knew they were rechecking..which made me anxious by thinking that i should be put down in rechecking..i prayed god every second of the day till 9th April that even if they decide to score me down, dont let the score be below 8777 as that was what i was initially striving for!

But thank goodness! there's no change in the score than to what i saw initially! I have already refreshed the page more than 100 times to reverify it! ;) And now hoping to not get any changed score in the TRF when i receive at home :p ;)
Heartfelt congratulations on your success Rahul! I feel happy seeing someone having to go through these moments of joy :)

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
From IDP any one get his result which were on hold.
Hello, I haven't received yet but called the center in my country and was told you'll get it in few days!
Also sent an email to the IDP and received an immediate automatic reply that it takes time but not any responses from them.