+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3rd March 2018 IELTS Results...

saeed10410

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
So sad with the results, i have never score less then 6 in writing and this is what they gave me this time.

It was my 7th attempt and this is the lowest in writing i ever scored.

Really feel like jumping off from a cliff right now :(
I can understand your situation dear but don't loose hope. With a more practice you can excel in writing too. Your remaining score is excellent.

Did you get result online?

zee aziz

Mar 20, 2018
I can understand your situation dear but don't loose hope. With a more practice you can excel in writing too. Your remaining score is excellent.

Did you get result online?
I got from bc direct
I know what i did wrong i wrote essay in article style

And my transactions were all ,although

I didnt use firsty,secondly, however , finally and in conclusion to this

My last attempt they gave me a band 6.5

Im now getting readdy to re do the exam on 21st 8th attempt :(

Reactions: nns14

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I got from bc direct

It takes courage like yours to go through exam after exam. You will crack it soon.

By any chance, have you shown your writing to a tutor or at least someone to correct your work? You can post in this forum as there are some good writers in here.

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
It takes courage like yours to go through exam after exam. You will crack it soon.

By any chance, have you shown your writing to a tutor or at least someone to correct your work? You can post in this forum as there are some good writers in here.
Hello, thanks for the advice! Could you please share the link here? Thank You

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
I got from bc direct

Hello, thanks for sharing your invaluable experience here. When you got band score 6.5 before that means your essay structure was good enough. Simon and other experienced IELTS toturs believe that those students whose writing band scores stock on 6 mean that their essay format, spell and grammar is good but they need to work on their vocabulary and collocations related to the topic.
You'll achieve want you want the next time!
The best of luck

zee aziz

Mar 20, 2018

My essay was about
People spending more time and money on sports or cuktural events is that good or bad ?
My essaay started with

Each year millenials are spenidng more time and money on live sports and cultural events.millenials spend more time and money on experiences rather then passasions.for them the meaning of life is all about capturing momments through these events and this change in the millenials generation is leading to a ecnomical growth.

For such people when it comes to money experiences trumph over assets. This craving for experiences is mainly due to social nature of the millennials generation and the social media also has a big role in sharing these experiences with frienda and families . Such as live races or cultural dances. Consumers desier more wealth in order to afford the expensive tickets to these events

Although economy might be boosting with the millennials spending habits,
One should not for get that assets are still valuable and millennials shoukd also consider savings.millennials are known as the spend thrift of this generation . And thier experiences seemed mommentary rather then long lasting . Commodoties may be getting more expensive as time goes by and when it will come time for the millennials to settle down they wont be able to afford it

Although the countries economy might be flourshing.the welfare of the country should also be considerd. But for the time being these events possesses the power to attract and retain the millennials thruogh carefullu planned and thought stragerties, globaly this phenonena is keeping the millennials thinking of today and not tommorow .

zee aziz

Mar 20, 2018
I tried to be as creative as i could but really i dont know what went wrong why they gave me a band 5.5 for this beautiful essay i wrote just becouse of transactions ? For real ?

My previouse essay was about extreme sports

Only thing i remeber was my conclusion was the best

In which i wrote :

As long as there will be thrill seekers there always will be extreme sports

Mar 19, 2018
Congratulations Rahul! Was it your first attempt? Thanks
nope. this is my 2nd attempt.

1st attempt i gave without any intentions to achieve any particular score. I appeared from Mumbai, India (where i am living). i scored L:8, R:7, W: 6.5, S: 7.
I was prepared well for all aspects except writing in the 1st attempt. I prepared for mere 2 hours while travelling to the test center on the test day. Had i prepared enough for writing, i would have scored 8777 and would have already landed in Canada by now.

However, I recently discovered that if i score 8777 my CRS would shoot up tremendously so i planned and appeared from UAE, and here I am. My CRS shows 471 now! Planning to update my profile in next 2weeks. I thinking getting all documents well in place before receiving ITA would be helpful.

Mar 19, 2018
D

Did you send any email to them .........Can you share your 1st email received by IELTS team and any follow-up with them....Please advice
Well, there was no email received by me from my test center. I appeared in Al Ain, UAE and i think the center is not as active as other centers in Dubai or Abu Dhabi are. I ready a lot of forums where people state they receive an email stating the results were withheld. However, I did not receive any email. I proactively send them an email to inquire about it, but no reply.

Out of curiosity I called them and they said they did not send email to anyone, however they had a letter of notice of results being withheld in hard copy which they planned to give the candidates when they were supposed to come to collect TRF's on 13th or 14th day. It was strange to me and I was very anxious as I was in India. I had planned a trip to UAE specifically to appear for IELTS followed by a small 6day vacation.

Every week i used to send them email inquiring about the day when results being released. But got a standard reply that they would inform me when it will be released. Suddenly i received an email on 9th April stating that the results are released and are available to check online. And BOOM!

Mar 19, 2018
There's one thing I want to share with you guys! I know the below situation is hard to believe, it this really happened.

I was in China on the 13th day, waiting for my results online. It had actually been declared for most of the candidates as the drop down showed 3rd March date. However, after trying multiple times it was still displaying " No Results Found".

Out of anxiety, I called up the test center in UAE from China and they said that my result was withheld. I did not understand this concept of withholding of results until then. I searched internet and understood that this wait could be from 1week to even 6months (rarest case). I was completely broke. However, i was still refreshing the page in anxiety to get the result, then this thing happened.

The result with the exact same score appeared. 8.5,7.5,7.5,7.5. I actually saw it that very day. I was excited, shared news with my family back here in India. At that moment I did not realize to take a screenshot of the webpage. After all of this happy discussions, I tried to reload the page to confirm if what i saw was true, and BANG...the page again shows up as No Results Found..The happiness only lasted for a few minutes..and was broke.

The worst part for me here was as compared to other candidates was that i knew what my initial result was..and now i knew they were rechecking..which made me anxious by thinking that i should be put down in rechecking..i prayed god every second of the day till 9th April that even if they decide to score me down, dont let the score be below 8777 as that was what i was initially striving for!

But thank goodness! there's no change in the score than to what i saw initially! I have already refreshed the page more than 100 times to reverify it! ;) And now hoping to not get any changed score in the TRF when i receive at home :p ;)

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
My essay was about
People spending more time and money on sports or cuktural events is that good or bad ?
My essaay started with

Each year millenials are spenidng more time and money on live sports and cultural events.millenials spend more time and money on experiences rather then passasions.for them the meaning of life is all about capturing momments through these events and this change in the millenials generation is leading to a ecnomical growth.

For such people when it comes to money experiences trumph over assets. This craving for experiences is mainly due to social nature of the millennials generation and the social media also has a big role in sharing these experiences with frienda and families . Such as live races or cultural dances. Consumers desier more wealth in order to afford the expensive tickets to these events

Although economy might be boosting with the millennials spending habits,
One should not for get that assets are still valuable and millennials shoukd also consider savings.millennials are known as the spend thrift of this generation . And thier experiences seemed mommentary rather then long lasting . Commodoties may be getting more expensive as time goes by and when it will come time for the millennials to settle down they wont be able to afford it

Although the countries economy might be flourshing.the welfare of the country should also be considerd. But for the time being these events possesses the power to attract and retain the millennials thruogh carefullu planned and thought stragerties, globaly this phenonena is keeping the millennials thinking of today and not tommorow .
I believe your above essay explains why you are getting low marks in writing. First of all, you didn't answer the question of the essay. Even if you did, it is not clearly stated. To get level 6 and above, you must address the point(s) given in the essay. Secondly, your supporting ideas are not clear nor are the evidences (examples) provided.

I would totally recommend getting Ryan Higgins's Task 1 and Task 2 documents (HERE) to see how he constructs essays and letters. The documents aren't free though. So, you either have to pay for them or find them some other way. You can also watch E2 youtube channel (HERE); that guy takes you through steps in organizing an essay as well as letters.

Besides essay format, you are making a lot of spelling mistakes and also repeating the same words like "millennials". To get 7, you need to make minimum spelling mistakes and also have to show variant vocabularies that fit the sentence grammatically and logically.

I had the same essay question for 3rd March exam, unfortunately, I didn't know any good documents to teach me the steps. The only things I learned on youtube were how to build introduction paragraph and conclusion. My two supporting body paragraphs were weak, hence why I didn't get good marks, probably.

zee aziz

Mar 20, 2018
I believe your above essay explains why you are getting low marks in writing. First of all, you didn't answer the question of the essay. Even if you did, it is not clearly stated. To get level 6 and above, you must address the point(s) given in the essay. Secondly, your supporting ideas are not clear nor are the evidences (examples) provided.

I would totally recommend getting Ryan Higgins's Task 1 and Task 2 documents (HERE) to see how he constructs essays and letters. The documents aren't free though. So, you either have to pay for them or find them some other way. You can also watch E2 youtube channel (HERE); that guy takes you through steps in organizing an essay as well as letters.

Besides essay format, you are making a lot of spelling mistakes and also repeating the same words like "millennials". To get 7, you need to make minimum spelling mistakes and also have to show variant vocabularies that fit the sentence grammatically and logically.

I had the same essay question for 3rd March exam, unfortunately, I didn't know any good documents to teach me the steps. The only things I learned on youtube were how to build introduction paragraph and conclusion. My two supporting body paragraphs were weak, hence why I didn't get good marks, probably.
hi
dear,
thanks for the help i will definitely watch the video
and than you so much for pointing out my mistakes, at least now i know what went wrong
i watched some other videos before on which i was following the i ore ore c formula

introductin

opnion 1
reason
example

opinion 2
reason
example

conclusion

and yes it has come to my knowledge that i did do some mistakes because i typed the essay on my mobile, not my pc

for now, I'm planning to retake the next exam available on the 21st of April

but its really sad as this is the lowest i ever scored in the writing task, i never score below 6 and this is the first time they gave me a band 5.5

next will be my 8th attempt :)
i hope i nail t this time .

Reactions: nns14

zeshan

Aug 18, 2013
Still waiting for result ....No email received only informed verbally that this week will get my result.

Any other student get his result or share his experience.

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
Still waiting for result ....No email received only informed verbally that this week will get my result.

Any other student get his result or share his experience.
Haven't received mine yet! Even didn't receive the usual update email this week!
Seems BC Center results are out! I took the test at IDP center how about you?
Thanks