+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3rd March 2018 IELTS Results...

Canadaluck

Mar 12, 2018
I had been trying to access the scores since yesterday but finally got the result around 11:20 AM here in India.
It was my first attempt and I was concerned about listening scores as I wasn't sure about a couple of answers I had given in the test.

Thankfully, I won't have to go through the test again :)

Overall Band: 8.5
Listening: 9.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0
congrats !!
where did you take the test ?

sachin.india

Mar 16, 2018
Got 3rd march results today( India). With first attempt I got
L- 6.5
R-6
W-6.5
S-6.5

L and R I can understand but S and W I was very hopeful that I will get better score. Not sure how to prepare for S and W ? what exactly they are judging.

Please help
For writing, you should try finding evaluator's comments on essays, this is the best way to understand what you need to get a higher score in my opinion.

I used those books published by Cambridge, they either have essays written by evaluators or submitted by test takers, in which case there are also comments explaining why the specific piece of writing was awarded a particular score. I had not written any significant piece of text in last 10 years and was really worried by looking at the scores my friends used to get in writing. I mostly focussed on understanding what is needed to get a good score and got 7.5 for writing in my first attempt after spending a week in practice.

Once you have a good idea of what the evaluator wants, all you need to do is practice. Also, it is very important to understand the question well and in your answer, cover what the answer demands.

janvi2346

Mar 15, 2018
Overall 8.5 US

L 8.5
R 9
W 7
S 8.5

I'm pretty shocked at my writing score. I'm positive I hit the word count. Considering the recount but that looks insanely expensive. Pretty sick of being ripped off by ielts, not sure if I should give them more of my money.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Overall 8.5 US

L 8.5
R 9
W 7
S 8.5

I'm pretty shocked at my writing score. I'm positive I hit the word count. Considering the recount but that looks insanely expensive. Pretty sick of being ripped off by ielts, not sure if I should give them more of my money.
but what difference does it make if you get even more than 7.5 in writing.. i think thats great score overall

Reactions: Basemtam

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
Hi guys for anyone awaiting results in Dubai - You'll have to go down to BC and collect them in person
Spoke to them this morning and they said the results aren't available online due to the sheer volume of candidates trying to access the site
Just collected paper copy of the results from BC and thought I'd update