+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3rd APPLICATION TRV

Clydel

Mar 8, 2018
Hi everyone, our 2nd application got denied last April. We are planning to try to get one again for me to be able to visit for Christmas and has few questions and would love to see your suggestions. I am Clydel and my boyfriend's name is Mike. We've been together for 1 year, Mike comes and visit me as much as he can. Our problem is I don't have a job currently but looking for one. On our first application I had my on going job, however that wasn't enough ties I guess as our visa got denied with the reason of proof of ties. On our 2nd application I didn't have my job anymore and of course that was expected to be denied already, I don't have anything as proof of ties this time, what else could we possibly add as a proof of ties? Mike supports me if I need the money. We really hope we will end up getting a visa as it would help a lot for our relationship. They said 3rd time is the luck but we want to make sure we have everything done before we hit submit and some suggestions from you guys would be really helpful.

- On our 2nd application the dates of my possible visit to Canada was for about 2months, does this matter?

- We had a letter from Mike's Family ensuring that I will leave the country by the end of my visit, does this help?

- For our 3rd application we were planning to do it for 3 weeks only to meet his family in Newfoundland and will book a flight directly there, but Mike doesn't live in Newfoundland he is in Calgary however I will be possibly be staying with his Mom. Will this be a red flag?

- Is job really necessary as proof of ties? As because the first application got denied even if I had my job anyway. I assume is it necessary :)

- If Mike will be supporting my trip will this also be a red flag for a short visit?

- Do you guys know anyone that has similar case to us? What they did? Anybody ..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone, our 2nd application got denied last April. We are planning to try to get one again for me to be able to visit for Christmas and has few questions and would love to see your suggestions. I am Clydel and my boyfriend's name is Mike. We've been together for 1 year, Mike comes and visit me as much as he can. Our problem is I don't have a job currently but looking for one. On our first application I had my on going job, however that wasn't enough ties I guess as our visa got denied with the reason of proof of ties. On our 2nd application I didn't have my job anymore and of course that was expected to be denied already, I don't have anything as proof of ties this time, what else could we possibly add as a proof of ties? Mike supports me if I need the money. We really hope we will end up getting a visa as it would help a lot for our relationship. They said 3rd time is the luck but we want to make sure we have everything done before we hit submit and some suggestions from you guys would be really helpful.

- On our 2nd application the dates of my possible visit to Canada was for about 2months, does this matter?

- We had a letter from Mike's Family ensuring that I will leave the country by the end of my visit, does this help?

- For our 3rd application we were planning to do it for 3 weeks only to meet his family in Newfoundland and will book a flight directly there, but Mike doesn't live in Newfoundland he is in Calgary however I will be possibly be staying with his Mom. Will this be a red flag?

- Is job really necessary as proof of ties? As because the first application got denied even if I had my job anyway. I assume is it necessary :)

- If Mike will be supporting my trip will this also be a red flag for a short visit?

- Do you guys know anyone that has similar case to us? What they did? Anybody ..
Shortest answer:
Don't apply until several months/possibly a year later. Your application has a number of red flags that can't be wished away and won't disappear.

You need to work in stable employment for at least 7-8 months (minimum), in a job that pays well by the economic standards of your country, possibly have unique work responsibilities..... besides, establishing a number of other strong ties... before you reapply.

Also, your relationship with Mike + your financial dependence on Mike negatively affect your chances of getting a TRV approval