+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

384 score enough for expressed entry

sharmahemant

May 14, 2017
Hello,

I am planning to apply for express entry next year and currently my score is 384. What are the chances of being picked with this score? If I am picked how long is the process usually? Do you recommend getting a job offer first and then apply?

Arod

May 15, 2017
I´m in a similar situation as I expect my score to be around 370 in November when I apply, unfortunately nobody knows how low the score will be in 6 months.

The recommendations I received mostly suggest to keep an eye at the CRS trend and see how it behaves. If it´s still over the 400 threshold by September then I would probably need to re-take the IELTS.

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
We can never say anything about the scores coming down. What can be done is increasing scores.
Firstly, see if you can reach a quite high score in IELTS. Try to achieve 7.5 overall. Re write if score is less.
See if you can attain

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Hello,

I am planning to apply for express entry next year and currently my score is 384. What are the chances of being picked with this score? If I am picked how long is the process usually? Do you recommend getting a job offer first and then apply?
I think you better look into a provincial nominee program. That is the route I took to make my score high enough for the express entry.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
You lose 5 points for age every year. Also rules keep changing and tweaked every year. In the last 2 years, they have made a change in November 2016 and a change now coming up in June 2017. Every rule change influences scores. My advice is that it is always better to have a minimum of 400 to have a decent shot. Anything below 400 is a game of chance. You might get it or you may never ever get it. And the best time is NOW. The future is in no one hands. Do your IELTS again and score above 400 and get into the pool as soon as possible.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
We can never say anything about the scores coming down. What can be done is increasing scores.
Firstly, see if you can reach a quite high score in IELTS. Try to achieve 7.5 overall. Re write if score is less.
See if you can attain
Overall score is not the appropriate way to boost CRS.

One must have at least 8777 in LRWS to increase CRS.

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Hi Folks, i completely agree with the all most every recommendation above. Its better to retake the IELTS.
Myself facing the same situation with CSR 393 and hope to get at least above 400 benchmarks.
Good Luck !

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You lose 5 points for age every year. Also rules keep changing and tweaked every year. In the last 2 years, they have made a change in November 2016 and a change now coming up in June 2017. Every rule change influences scores. My advice is that it is always better to have a minimum of 400 to have a decent shot. Anything below 400 is a game of chance. You might get it or you may never ever get it. And the best time is NOW. The future is in no one hands. Do your IELTS again and score above 400 and get into the pool as soon as possible.
Good advice, nobody should really pay much attention to any predictions on any forum given thats all they are speculative predictions with no factual basis given only CIC have any idea what the cutoff will be now or in the future. Anyone who is serious about PR just needs to focus on their own situation and do everything they can to accumulate the highest score possible on basis some dreams are meant to come true but unfortunately some will not .

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Good advice, nobody should really pay much attention to any predictions on any forum given thats all they are speculative predictions with no factual basis given only CIC have any idea what the cutoff will be now or in the future. Anyone who is serious about PR just needs to focus on their own situation and do everything they can to accumulate the highest score possible on basis some dreams are meant to come true but unfortunately some will not .
WELL SAID MATE !!

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
It all depends on how bad you wanna immigrate. If you're serious about it, IELTS is your best bet, unless you already nailed it and got the highest scores - then you should be looking at a provincial nomination.