36th Draw Forecast - Any Guesses?

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec immigration said:
And yes you guessed it right I am a frustrated individual whose work permit got expired waiting for aor.
Hang in there (if testicles can do it, you can do it!).
Same situation for me: work permit expired and I'm hoping 466 is my lucky number - so waiting for aor is dragging the days. Stay positive (see my name ;) ) and never give up.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Elrud said:
hopefully it will favour International Students as the government gave its final confirmation that additional points will be awarded to University graduates at the Toronto Board.....;

I'm so happy when the no. of invitation in the draws is low as it can mean that more places will be reserved for International Students
That may take years to happen.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
I think CIC is as transparent as they can be.
We're the ones applying to their country and the least we should show is a bit more patience and perseverance. We should reduce this sense of entitlement as if the government of Canada owes us so much :(

Venting out frustrations (while understandable) and blaming it on CIC is just pointless to me.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
LokiJr01 said:
I think CIC is as transparent as they can be.
We're the ones applying to their country and the least we should show is a bit more patience and perseverance. We should reduce this sense of entitlement as if the government of Canada owes us so much :(

Venting out frustrations (while understandable) and blaming it on CIC is just pointless to me.
Good point.
They select candidates up to their needs and possibilities.
The thing is that you are not granted the right to immigrate. It's not the right for life, freedom, work, food, etc.
Immigration is a privilege.

Though I strongly believe that something should be done regarding international students like creating separate stream or extending permissions (I'm not one of them), because they have more experience and more relevant education for Canada

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Sluffy said:
Good point.
They select candidates up to their needs and possibilities.
The thing is that you are not granted the right to immigrate. It's not the right for life, freedom, work, food, etc.
Immigration is a privilege.

Sorry they remind you that your English is not good enough.
Sorry they remind you that your education is not enough.
Sorry they remind you your experience is not enough.
But how you're going to adapt to new conditions then?

Though I strongly believe that something should be done regarding international students like creating separate stream or extending permissions (I'm not one of them), because they have more experience and more relevant education for Canada
I don't really think this post merits a response but let me just say you're not understanding what's being argued here.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
aircanada said:
I don't really think this post merits a response but let me just say you're not understanding what's being argued here.
Oh really? Of course, I do not understand anything. I don't have any kind of education and didn't spend 10 years to get my experience. And now I want everything just at once.
I'm that very person who brought that video with the CIC guy first. Though it's not official, at least this was something explaining the situation. And the process overall. And believe me, I'm monitoring the process going on.
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but just imagine for a second:
- a student with two years canadian diploma and less than one year experience
- a master graduate out of canada (let's say Oxford) with 3+ years experience.

Who will contribute more to Canada? It's a very tricky question, not easy to answer. That's way streams need to be separate.

And about low points... many people are just weeping in the forum being coach potatoes and doing nothing to improve their scores, just demanding.

N

newtoexpressentry

Sluffy said:
Oh really? Of course, I do not understand anything. I don't have any kind of education and didn't spend 10 years to get my experience. And now I want everything just at once.
I'm that very person who brought that video with the CIC guy first. Though it's not official, at least this was something explaining the situation. And the process overall. And believe me, I'm monitoring the process going on.
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but just imagine for a second:
- a master graduate out of canada (let's say Oxford) with 3+ years experience.

Who will contribute more to Canada? It's a very tricky question, not easy to answer. That's way streams need to be separate.

And about low points... many people are just weeping in the forum being coach potatoes and doing nothing to improve their scores, just demanding.
ur comparison is wrong I am not saying i disagree with you but ur comparing apples to oranges. compare

- a student with two years out of country diploma and less than one year experience
now who would u chose
now that would be the comparison. So my point is they put all of us in the same bucket and comparing apples to oranges, each group has its advantages and disadvantages.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
newtoexpressentry said:
ur comparison is wrong I am not saying i disagree with you but ur comparing apples to oranges. compare

- a student with two years out of country diploma and less than one year experience
now who would u chose
now that would be the comparison. So my point is they put all of us in the same bucket and comparing apples to oranges, each group has its advantages and disadvantages.
Let's count.
Age 23-29, CLB 10, two years of canadian diploma, one year of canadian experience - 422 points
Age 23-29, CLB 10, two years of foreign diploma, one year of foreign experience - 394 points.

Canadian students do have privilege.
If we compare the same or close conditions - they do. But yes, youngsters and elders are all in the same bucket. THere's always someone better than you in this world. Unfortunately. It's nothing about irony at the moment.
The point about CRS that kills me is the age. When you're 30, you start loosing 5 points every year. Gain experience and lose points.

N

newtoexpressentry

Sluffy said:
Let's count.
Age 23-29, CLB 10, two years of canadian diploma, one year of canadian experience - 422 points
Age 23-29, CLB 10, two years of foreign diploma, one year of foreign experience - 394 points.

Canadian students do have privilege.
If we compare the same or close conditions - they do. But yes, youngsters and elders are all in the same bucket. THere's always someone better than you in this world. Unfortunately. It's nothing about irony at the moment.
The point about CRS that kills me is the age. When you're 30, you start loosing 5 points every year. Gain experience and lose points.
yes but 422 is not enough just cause they are competing like u said with experience. Hence need two separate systems. Yes exactly there is always someone better than u so may be a young guy may be better than an experienced guy too so putting them in same bucket is wrong ur limiting the potential of young people to innovate.
I agree age needs to come off too or increased to 40+. 30 is not a too old to lose points.

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveksegu said:
There is a video running around here in the forum, which is on youtube as well. A guy, who claims to be from IRCC, says that there is still a huge backlog of application from before EE and they expect it be cleared by the end of the year. So, around September or October, he says, that the number of invitation will go up to 2500 and therefore the points will come down to 400.

Here is the link;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaLvLG-6n3k

We can argue about legitimacy of the video, but I believe him because even in the Year end report for 2015 stated the same about backlog being cleared by the end of 2016.

So lets hope this to be true and be patient. Thats all we can all do!!!!

PS: 36th draw definitely 480+ with 800 invitations

I would believe this guy except that he said that the score for draws were averaging 420 to 450 (https://youtu.be/vaLvLG-6n3k?t=14m57s). This is bullshit, I've looked through all draws and the scores never went down 450. What do you think guys, is this a scam? Or was he just trying to trick the audience? lol

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
tp_marina said:
I would believe this guy except that he said that the score for draws were averaging 420 to 450 (https://youtu.be/vaLvLG-6n3k?t=14m57s). This is bullshit, I've looked through all draws and the scores never went down 450. What do you think guys, is this a scam? Or was he just trying to trick the audience? lol
You are right, the lowest score so far has been 450. So i have doubts about everything he said there.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
newtoexpressentry said:
yes but 422 is not enough just cause they are competing like u said with experience. Hence need two separate systems. Yes exactly there is always someone better than u so may be a young guy may be better than an experienced guy too so putting them in same bucket is wrong ur limiting the potential of young people to innovate.
I agree age needs to come off too or increased to 40+. 30 is not a too old to lose points.
Imagine that you are a boss interviewing two persons, one with 5 years experience and another one - with one year of experience. Who will you hire in accordance to your needs?
That how it works.
Unfortunately, studies in Canada do not grant you PR and they never claimed to. Probably no country grants you PR after studies, moreover, they send you home right away after graduation with no work permit.
I wonder if people have experience in Canada, why they are sitting and waiting, not looking for LMIA, PNP or go to the province where 6 months are enough to apply?
Going to Canada for one year studies and even paying around $10000 for school does not buy you automatic or light-conditioned PR.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
I agree with the earlier post that international students should be given a different stream. Assess their visa eligibility based on their academic achievement and their course's relevance to the Canadian economy.

One problem I notice is because express entry is points tested, sometimes people just study abroad not because they want to but because they needed the additional points....it kinda defeats the purpose.

Anyway let's keep exchanging ideas - this kinda diverts us from the air of frustration circulating hehe