+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

35th Draw - 483, 762 ITA's

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
manidhatt said:
Your scenario is different. Your one year experience will be done on July 06. If you submit your application now you might face a rejection as you do not meet 12 month full time work requirement (till July).
Also your score were 478 prior to this bump and that falls under 483.

Trust me I had to decline 2 ITAs (18 Sep draw and Oct 02 Draw) for this same reason. My advise to you is wait for next draw and if the score drops 478 or below then you may go ahead.

It is totally your call also wait for others input too. This is just my 2 cents :)
Agreed. Its always the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they satisfy all the requirements that they have been awarded points for. Its only a matter of 1 month additional wait for you. You can rightfully claim 518 points which obviously will get you an ITA in the next draws.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
8 years? Jesus! CIC gotta get its %^& together. You situation is beyond nuts.

You should get your case out there so media knows about this. Getting this like these out, make change happen. Ppl don't know the current reality about immigration. My employers, co-workers, etc are in awe when I tell them.

princesohal2003 said:
Its been an extremely time consuming experience for me. Despite having max points for education (2 year diploma plus 4 year degree), 1.5 year experience at an NOC B job and max points for ielts I am still stuck at 464 points. I applied for PNP in Ontario last year in august and i haven't even heard about the employer pre screening. I could look into lmia option but honestly I just don't think i should exhaust more resources for PR after the fact that i have lived in this country for 8 years. I have had to miss out on a real estate opportunity and a couple of business opportunities because of this non sense. I really should've listened to my parents and went to Australia 8 years ago instead of coming here. Hopefully canada gets their *censored word* together esp for the international students.

karmicYogi

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
manidhatt said:
Your scenario is different. Your one year experience will be done on July 06. If you submit your application now you might face a rejection as you do not meet 12 month full time work requirement (till July).
Also your score were 478 prior to this bump and that falls under 483.

Trust me I had to decline 2 ITAs (18 Sep draw and Oct 02 Draw) for this same reason. My advise to you is wait for next draw and if the score drops 478 or below then you may go ahead.

It is totally your call also wait for others input too. This is just my 2 cents :)
I got the invite, someone told me that cic counts months from month to month so July to June ( both inclusive ) is 12 months. Isn't it?

May be I will start a new thread about this.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
karmicYogi said:
I got the invite, someone told me that cic counts months from month to month so July to June ( both inclusive ) is 12 months. Isn't it?

That someone was me. This is why I said "Technically". The visa officer will make sure that you worked 52 weeks full time which will be hard to prove as you're around 4-6 week short. I think it is a good idea to start a new thread so we can get more inputs ;D

Reactions: Adanac11

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
karmicYogi said:

The only person whose interpretation counts is that of the officer who screens your file. And they are usually really literal, to the date/day, about the counting of months for work experience from the time the APR was submitted.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
As expectes to be honest..

Congrats to those who are invited!

Guys join CRS tracker - add your details help others!

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
princesohal2003 said:
Despite having max points for education (2 year diploma plus 4 year degree), 1.5 year experience at an NOC B job and max points for ielts I am still stuck at 464 points.
Isn't max points for education are given for PhD degree...??

uua

May 24, 2016
Wow,really high
it will decline for more invitations after October when cic would invite 3,000 every time

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
moderator1983 said:
Isn't max points for education are given for PhD degree...??
If i had a master's degree or phd i would've got my pr automatically. I meant the maximum points for education under the masters degree threshold. I should've clarified that. My bad.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
manidhatt said:
Trust me I had to decline 2 ITAs (18 Sep draw and Oct 02 Draw) for this same reason.
Very nice, probably two or more people could receive ITAs instead of you, but you decided to stay in the pool just for fun

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sluffy said:
Very nice, probably two or more people could receive ITAs instead of you, but you decided to stay in the pool just for fun
hahahaha my thoughts too, may sound bitter but it's the truth.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Hang on guys, 4 draws more, then it ll start coming down... it ll touch 450 and below again

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Sluffy said:

7fifty said:
hahahaha my thoughts too, may sound bitter but it's the truth.

I really hope it wasn't both of you who missed it. :p

Reactions: Adanac11

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
What we can see is that CIC gets around 700 applicants in 2 weeks - that's 350 a week which are currently crossing the thresholds. That would include PNPs and CEC (completing 1/2 years) However it is still a substantial number.