+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

350 to 400 connect here

htgcan

May 28, 2015
Hi,

Our points is 371. In the latest draw, maximum points is 755. Is their anyway we can maximize our points?It really seems difficult to get a job offer with a positive LMIA.

Thanks

VipsB

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
I believe from the next draw we should be able to get an idea of how the trend is going to be i.e. whether scores in 350-400 range have a chance or not.If there is a huge time gap between two draws our chances diminish significantly.

VipsB

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
It would be great if CIC makes people aware of minimum cutoff.Otherwise, people are going to waste a lot of money for nothing.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
VipsB said:
It would be great if CIC makes people aware of minimum cutoff.Otherwise, people are going to waste a lot of money for nothing.
There is no minimum cut off. This thinking is completely wrong.

The mentality that immigration is a one way relationship is wrong. Canada and Canadians really really needs immigrants to come and live there. Because their population is aging, government needs tax payers to sustain its expenses and provide services to Canadians, especially retiring Canadians.

However, they of course want to have controlled and steady inflow of people because they cannot overnight construct new homes, roads and other infrastructure to accommodate more than certain number of people. So they have a limit in terms of number of people who can come in. Next thing is the ensure people who are coming in are paying as much tax as possible. And for that they would want people who are most likely to succeed in their career in Canada. They don't know anyone personally and they cannot discriminate so they have created a fair and equal system for everyone.

Immigration is for filling a gap. As long as there is a gap (which is infinite), there will be new ITAs. Express Entry is an open system, that is anyone can apply to be part of the pool without any direct costs but only top candidates will go though, if top candidates have score above 450 then that's cut-off score. If top candidates in pool have score of 350 then that would be the cut-off score. CIC doesn't have cut-off score in mind.

One change that is likely coming in EE soon IMHO is that CIC might start issuing ITAs to tops scorers in specific occupations. Just like the draws they did for CEC. So cut-off score might go much lower for high in demand occupations but stay much higher for others.

However, those with scores below 400 should be practical to stop dreaming about getting an ITA until cut-off score reaches below 420! Until then it's best to spend time on meaningful things.

Good luck!

bloomy

May 3, 2015
Jaxon911 said:

The mentality that immigration is a one way relationship is wrong. Canada and Canadians really really needs immigrants to come and live there. Because their population is aging, government needs tax payers to sustain its expenses and provide services to Canadians, especially retiring Canadians.

However, they of course want to have controlled and steady inflow of people because they cannot overnight construct new homes, roads and other infrastructure to accommodate more than certain number of people. So they have a limit in terms of number of people who can come in. Next thing is the ensure people who are coming in are paying as much tax as possible. And for that they would want people who are most likely to succeed in their career in Canada. They don't know anyone personally and they cannot discriminate so they have created a fair and equal system for everyone.

Immigration is for filling a gap. As long as there is a gap (which is infinite), there will be new ITAs. Express Entry is an open system, that is anyone can apply to be part of the pool without any direct costs but only top candidates will go though, if top candidates have score above 450 then that's cut-off score. If top candidates in pool have score of 350 then that would be the cut-off score. CIC doesn't have cut-off score in mind.

One change that is likely coming in EE soon IMHO is that CIC might start issuing ITAs to tops scorers in specific occupations. Just like the draws they did for CEC. So cut-off score might go much lower for high in demand occupations but stay much higher for others.

However, those with scores below 400 should be practical to stop dreaming about getting an ITA until cut-off score reaches below 420! Until then it's best to spend time on meaningful things.

Good luck!

Could you expand your answer.

For which occupations Canada will consider the special accepting procedure, is there any information regarding this.

Apr 16, 2015
Hello

My CRS scores is 386, with 6 years of experience in IT. Can anyone tell me what all are the highly demanded occupations for getting invitaions?.

My NOC code is 2281.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
bloomy said:
Could you expand your answer.

For which occupations Canada will consider the special accepting procedure, is there any information regarding this.
Occupation thing is just my own guess for now. I think generally those working in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and finance related NOCs out number most other occupations. However, there are limited number of jobs available on ICT and Fin so CIC might decide to exclused those occupations in some of the draws and issue ITAs to people in fields such as civil, construction, operations, chemical / oil & gas and medicine.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aman.singh.vas said:
Hello

My CRS scores is 386, with 6 years of experience in IT. Can anyone tell me what all are the highly demanded occupations for getting invitaions?.

My NOC code is 2281.
Its wrong interpretation, as of now CIC did not declare any Special offers for any of the NOC code and its purely based on the Cut-off, unless you find any matching Employee for your skill set and they are ready to offer an LMO

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Guys ,

I have a question .. If you are married , and your family is not accompanying you , how does CRS is calculated .. Does it consider you as individual and provide points ? or as family person and doesnot give those 40 spouse points to you ? Just got this doubt when browsing through some other thread .

Also my uncle's daughter family are Canadian citizens .. But I think I cannot show her as "relative" ,since they are not my blood relatives ? Am I right ??

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
Jaxon911 said:

Good luck!
Jaxon911 said:
Occupation thing is just my own guess for now. I think generally those working in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and finance related NOCs out number most other occupations. However, there are limited number of jobs available on ICT and Fin so CIC might decide to exclused those occupations in some of the draws and issue ITAs to people in fields such as civil, construction, operations, chemical / oil & gas and medicine.
I too felt the same but many members in the forum disagreed with me. But yes, this is what will happen eventually as i don't see any alternative.

Too many people with same sets of skill will lead to unemployment.

bimbim

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
sraj07 said:
Guys !!! Any guess / chance we get ITA this year ?
Yes, because in the next 2 to 3 months, we will have few candidates with high scores for sure and that might help applicants with 400 and above. It also depends on the actual number of ITAs to be issued this year.

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
How far the points go down depends on # of draws they do (i think they mention on CIC website somewhere between 15-24 draws in 2015. 9 so far, so possibly as few as 6 to go. I'm hoping that most of the 600+ people have now already been pulled (although the last draw was a shock shooting up again to 700+!), Im also hoping that the number of draws will be closer to 24 rather than 15. A total of 24 draws would make me confident that points will drop down in the 300's at some stage.