Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
Still in KSA, but on June 6 we will be going home to the Philippines and on June 26 we will fly to Canada via VAncouver. I made my own little research, and I have learned that nursing license in one province is not automatically recognized in another province but it is endorsable. Certain process will be undertaken. When i took CRNE in Winnipeg, I was given the chance to be interviewed in one of the hospitals there and with God's grace i was hired. In my opinion, if you are a Canadian RN in a not so immigrant destined province, chances of getting hospital work is higher than in Toronto and Vacncouver. Hope to see you in Canada? REgards.
Yes, it is not automatically recognized as there is an application process. But by this I assumed they were referring to the fact that nurses (Canadian and IEN) cannot just outright practice in any province where they would like to work as screening needs to be done first to know if the applicant has records that would prohibit them to practice nursing in the receiving province. It does not directly pertain to IEN's which is a good thing. Once considered a Canadian applicant (refer to the requirements needed for a Canadian to endorse their license to another province), it means you no longer have to go through the harrowing process of submitting all of your credentials (except for the PRC verification) from overseas all over again for yet another assessment, but you only have to provide the details of your license from another province and your country of origin (in the case of Alberta) and your work experience. Below is part of the response I received via email from CRNM and CARNA:

CRNM:

"If you are currently registered as an RN in Canada, then you are considered to be a Canadian applicant to our College.
The requirements for applying as a Canadian applicant are available on the College’s website available via this link:
http://www.crnm.mb.ca/applicants-canadian.php"

CARNA:

"You will need to download the Canadian application off of our website www.nurses.ab.ca
Click on 'Applicants' and then 'Canadian Applicants'
A verification will need to be received from both Ontarion College of Nurses and the Philippine nurse registering body. Request forms will be found in your application package."

If you visit those links, you will notice that both Colleges are no longer asking for the school records which is a good news for Filipinos since that is the area where we often falter. As for the PRC verification, I reckon nobody will have a problem with that.

Aspire, goodluck. Hope to see you in Canada. It is true what you said about the job opportunities in provinces that are not so frequented by immigrants, but I am really hoping to find one in GTA area in Ontario as my lifestyle best fits that place. But worse comes to worst, other provinces will do at least for the first year. I have Canadian co-workers who went back to Canada now and are willing to help us find a job so we are really keeping our fingers crossed.

m2canada

Aug 10, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 24, 2009
Doc's Request.
february 24, 2010
AOR Received.
june 23, 2010
IELTS Request
may 8, 2010
File Transfer...
june 23, 2010
Med's Request
aug 27, 2010;sept. 23,2010
Med's Done....
oct. 5 & 15(another view of xray), 2010;meds sent to cem oct 15, 18 & 26
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
november 17, 2010;PP sent november 19, 2010
LANDED..........
?
koji518 said:
Just got positive response from CNO, anybody here who wil take the CRNE in toronto this october lets network!
congrats koji! i plan to take the oct 5 exam in toronto too! im still here in the Philippines and still waiting for our visas which will expire on the same date so i am just hoping that they will release it before that date. how are u preparing for the exam?

thank you carribRN and aspire for sharing valuable infos!

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-03-2011 "Received at visa office" 2nd AOR 21 March 2011
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2011 exp 16 May 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
koji518 said:
Just got positive response from CNO, anybody here who wil take the CRNE in toronto this october lets network!
Congrats Koji
I waiting for the final assessment with CNO, I am expecting an answer before the end of July 2011.

Please can you share your experience and time lines with your application to CNO, it would be much appreciated.

Success with the exams.

Olga

carby

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
22-03-2011
Med's Done....
05-04-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Does anybody here have an experience wherein you are registered in another province and have applied for licensure by endorsement at CRNM?

koji518

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olga64 said:
Congrats Koji
I waiting for the final assessment with CNO, I am expecting an answer before the end of July 2011.

Please can you share your experience and time lines with your application to CNO, it would be much appreciated.

Success with the exams.

Olga
Almost 3 months upon submission of BET.

koji518

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m2canada said:
congrats koji! i plan to take the oct 5 exam in toronto too! im still here in the Philippines and still waiting for our visas which will expire on the same date so i am just hoping that they will release it before that date. how are u preparing for the exam?

thank you carribRN and aspire for sharing valuable infos!
Thanks.. I just received the assessment but I am planning to take a nursing review center offered by filipino comunity here.

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-03-2011 "Received at visa office" 2nd AOR 21 March 2011
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2011 exp 16 May 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
koji518 said:
Almost 3 months upon submission of BET.
Thanks, so hopefully I should know end July, success with the exams and let us know how you get on.

Sachin11

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hello Everyone

Can somebody please advice me how to get the credentials assessed from WES. I am a nurse and about to land in Toronto coming month. I am unable to understand whether I should do it for
student
looking for work
immigration
educator
employer or
Professional Licensing.

I got the PR. I am from India

Please help me out

Thanks and Regards
Shivani

firestyle_jutsu

Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
posted thru Fedex: 07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
received @ CIO by M. KRSZWD: 13-07-2011
AOR Received.
PER- 05-10-2011
IELTS Request
included in my posted docs.
File Transfer...
2nd AOR: 27/10/2011
Med's Request
dated Feb. 03, 2012; received the letter, Feb. 16, 2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-July-2012
Hi, i need ur advise guys, kailangan q pa din po ideclare ung work experience q na 3months as probationary..? inaalala q kc if they are strict and look over my SSS contributions, mkikita nila ung 2nd employment q... wala po kc aqng COE dun kc nag AWOL aq dun.. umalis ng wala paalam.. My gap po kc ung work experience q,

1. Jan 2005-Oct 2005
2. Nov- Feb 2006--- ng AWOL (probationary but paid)
3.aug2006-march 2011

do I still need to declare the 2nd employment..?

virtual

May 25, 2011
aspire said:
First you have to read the link below:

https://www.crnbc.ca/Registration/RNApplication/InternationalEN/Documents/FormIntl.pdf

Actually I have never read this website as i took my nursing registration from the province of Manitoba. First research to do if your nursing degree in your home country has the equivalence to the nursing degree standards in Canada. It requires a lot of reading and a lot of consultations to people who had the experience in getting registration into the same province where you will be applying. Take note that each Canadian province has its own nursing regulating body with unique ways, standards and requirements for registration.
Happy reading!

hi aspire... just wanted to ask ano paper isusubmit ko for the proof of immigration? wait ko po ba pagdating ng visa ko? apply po kasi ako CRNMB... un na lang hinahantay ko. ibinalik kasi application ko kasi wala po un.. what about po kung sinabing grade 12 po ako plus my nursing course sa IQAS does it mean nameet ko po ung canadian standard of education? thanks po uli

dcho

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
hi everyone,

i am a filipino noc code 3152 submitted my application last oct 2010... anyone who has an idea on how many days from the time my ecas status changed to "In Process" with additional line "your application was reviewed and we started processing your application may 31, 2011" can i receive medical request....:)

always,
dcho

jubes

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/07/2011
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH FILE 8 OVERALL
Hi Every one

Please suggest me , can i apply in CNO before immigration and give CRNE exam , Please suggest , as i know you dont need immidiate immigration for Vancouver nursing board but then they want SEC assessment which i hear is little hard.

And how can i apply to CNO please...

thanks

RN_Pinay Ü

Jun 10, 2011
Hi people!I am just new here in this forum. Ü I would just like to ask something about the SEC assessment in AB. I just had mine this April. Usually CARNA are releasing the result within 4-6 weeks. I am jusy worried because it is my 6th week already this week and U haven't heard anything from them yet. Do they fail their applicants?I am just really worried becase the other applicant received her result last week. :(

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
koji518 said:
Count me in...just got my eligibility too two weeks ago for CRNE...what materials are you using???

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
reydon123 said:
Count me in...just got my eligibility too two weeks ago for CRNE...what materials are you using???
WOOOWW!!! CONGRATS & GOODLUCK!!! how long have you waited to receive that precious eligibility? ;)