+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3152 Registered Nurse category

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
The Lippincott reviewer, does it contain review materials or just questions like CRNE prep guide. I can't find any Saunders, only MOsby's comprehensive review.

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonsai said:
The Lippincott reviewer, does it contain review materials or just questions like CRNE prep guide. I can't find any Saunders, only MOsby's comprehensive review.
once i will get Lippincott i'll upload its CD :) probably by by end of next week

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
aww thanks, but i am actually willing to buy the book, I just hope it has a review material and not just questions like the crne prep guide =(

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonsai said:
My apologies. Ir's not Saunder's. I was referring to Mosby's comprehensive CRNE review book. Lippincott is purely Q&A's only.

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
March 13, 2010 (June 7 "In Process")
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
July 02, 2010 (sent July16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Vancouver February 2011 (target)
friends, i have a friend who wants to apply under FSW but she's a private duty nurse. aside from JD in a plain bond paper, affidavit, pictures with the patient, patients medical records, and certificate of employment in a plain bond paper, what do u think should she send to nova scotia?

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
imbubbles said:
friends, i have a friend who wants to apply under FSW but she's a private duty nurse. Uso kasi dito ung volunteer nurse so what she did was look for a patient to attend to/care for. ano kaya mga requirements? meron ba dito private duty nurse? aside from JD in a plain bond paper, affidavit, pictures with the patient, patients medical records, and certificate of employment in a plain bond paper, ano pa isesend niya sa NS?
How about a recommendation letter from the employer(s) or the doctor that she reported to? That'll be another great way to certify he/she has enough work experience.

BTW, please post in English so other forum members can also understand our conversation. :) Cheers!

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
March 13, 2010 (June 7 "In Process")
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
July 02, 2010 (sent July16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Vancouver February 2011 (target)
solokru -- hi! thanks for the response :) well, she's a private duty nurse.. she doesn't go on duty in a hospital or clinic. here in the Philippines, due to over "supply" of nurses, most hospitals are full so nurses volunteer for experience. My friend works in a private home.. she go to her clients place whenever the client needs assistance in taking his medications (the client is diabetic and post BKA).. do you think she has a chance in the FWS category? what does she have to provide aside fronm those i mentioned before? thanks :)

piepie0005

Oct 18, 2010
Gandasia said:
Paniz
Are you also from the Phil.? I also applied for registration in CRNBC last year, however, they are also requiring me to do SEC Assessment, supposed to be this April 27 & 28. I applied for TRV last March, unfortunately I was refused. So I emailed CRNBC informaing them of my TRV refusal and they are willing to extend my invitation to do SEC,I will just have to inform them again 1 month before my application expires. I now applied for FSW and wating for AOR.
I've read thread from allnurses.com that SEC assessment is pretty hard. Some nurses are requested to do all the subtest, mine is only MED-SURG though.But I'm now having second thoughts because I still have to wait 3-8 weeks for the result if I'll be granted eligibilty to do CRNE and temp. license or need to take upgrading courses.

But now I'm thinking of applying to Manitoba maybe they are more lenient than BC..well I still have to read their requirements. Please update me on your application...thanks.
Hi! I also applied in CRNBC and they required me to take the SEC as well. Im planning to submit ny TRV application this Nov2010, but Im afraid that Ill get denied bec I am currently unemployed, etc.. My SEC Assessment will expire this Jan2011.. Can I ask, how did you get CRNBC to extend your SEC Assessment? How long did they extended you? Did you appeal for a specific time of extension? Who/What dept in CRNBC did you contact/emailed? Was it the Kwantlen University? I would really appreciate your reply.. Thanks in advance..

maharlika

Champion Member
Feb 12, 2010
Pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
4131;3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2009, returned; resent 8-09
Doc's Request.
09-24-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
09-30-2009
Med's Request
06-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-30,31-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-21-10
VISA ISSUED...
10/15/2010....reached me on 11/09/2010
LANDED..........
MAY 24, 2011
imbubbles said:
solokru -- hi! thanks for the response :) well, she's a private duty nurse.. she doesn't go on duty in a hospital or clinic. here in the Philippines, due to over "supply" of nurses, most hospitals are full so nurses volunteer for experience. My friend works in a private home.. she go to her clients place whenever the client needs assistance in taking his medications (the client is diabetic and post BKA).. do you think she has a chance in the FWS category? what does she have to provide aside fronm those i mentioned before? thanks :)
bubbles, just let her try because what the guideines required is only one year paid experience, basta me cert of employment from an employer, pwede naman ang pdn, basta lang kapani paniwala d ba ang cert d ba?

plus me calling card pa sa employer nya..

piepie0005

Oct 18, 2010
aspire said:
Guys share ko lang,

I got the eligibility from CRNM(Manitoba). I am already on the list to take the CRNE on October 6. Applied for a visit visa last week. Hope it will be approved. CRNM gave me a referral letter addressed to the visa officer for the visa application. PR application isn't done yet, still waiting for medicals.
CRNM is more lenient than other provinces,right? Do they have SEC Assessment? What happens if Im not eligible to take the CRNE? do you have any work experience? Can employment history can affect my eligibliity to take the exam? Ty

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
imbubbles said:
Some PDNs actually collaborate with the patient's doctor. If she is in contact with some of her patients' doctor she can ask for a recommendation letter stating the name of the patient(s) that they have both handled. Some PDNs are also linked with other big hospitals in Metro Manila but as you've stated she doesn't work for or with any other hospital or clinic. Her certificate(s) of employment stating her job description and the duration of her employment would be enough. Having the recommendation letter(s) from doctors and employers/patient would be a good measure to backup her claim.

I'm also a nurse but I haven't worked in a hospital for about a year now. I also did "volunteer" (who doesn't these days?) for a hospital for a few months before I got accepted as an occupational health nurse. I've worked for exactly a year and now I'm planning to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker program. I only have my COE, recommendation letter and my employment contract as proof of my employment for the past year. I also have my SSS and Income Tax Return but I'm not planning to submit that unless they'll require it for the interview.

As maharlika have already mentioned she can just give it a shot. :) Good luck to us!

anu1

Oct 24, 2010
well i also heard my agency saying they have to send papers to nova scotia

what is special with that. Actually i want to know that sending papers to nova scotia won't be binding on us

to live and work only there .Are we able to move any where in canada except french speaking Quebec after

getting PR.

please reply

G

Gandasia

piepie0005 said:
Hi! I also applied in CRNBC and they required me to take the SEC as well. Im planning to submit ny TRV application this Nov2010, but Im afraid that Ill get denied bec I am currently unemployed, etc.. My SEC Assessment will expire this Jan2011.. Can I ask, how did you get CRNBC to extend your SEC Assessment? How long did they extended you? Did you appeal for a specific time of extension? Who/What dept in CRNBC did you contact/emailed? Was it the Kwantlen University? I would really appreciate your reply.. Thanks in advance..
Hi piepie,

I've already answered your question in another website. Anyway, I suggest don't waste your time and money in applying for TRV like I did and start your FSW application. Just a suggestion still up to you though, goodluck!! ;D

bugslife

Jun 23, 2010
India
Visa Office......
N.D
NOC Code......
XXXX
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
18-03-2011
Interview........
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
Successfully landed...
Noc 3142 - Physio's - Come, join and share your experiences here..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t55359.0.html

-BugsLife

peanuts

Sep 11, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2009 to NS, may 2010 to VO
Doc's Request.
february 2010
AOR Received.
february 16, 2010; may 26, 2010
IELTS Request
copy submitted to CIO with initial app
File Transfer...
february 2010
Med's Request
august 2010
Med's Done....
august 18-19, 2010- med done: august 23- sent
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 22-received; october 1-sent; october 27- DM
VISA ISSUED...
visa received nov 11, 2010
LANDED..........
June 02, 2011 thank you God...
anu1 said:
well i also heard my agency saying they have to send papers to nova scotia

what is special with that. Actually i want to know that sending papers to nova scotia won't be binding on us

to live and work only there .Are we able to move any where in canada except french speaking Quebec after

getting PR.

please reply
hi anu1! :) CIO or Centralized Intake Office in Nova Scotia where our documents are sent (and reviewed) is their office in Canada. it doesn't mean that it would be where we will land, live and work. As immigrants we can land anywhere we like. hope this helps.... ;D