+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3152 Registered – Strictly English Only

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Olga64 said:
Hi
No I am still waiting on the assessment. I was told that currently they are working on April/May 2011, so hoping to have result by the end of Jan 2012 !!! and you?
Olga
Hi welcome, just logged in today after a long time. I finally got the assessment result although the exam won't be until June. It took 10months to assess my credentials. Do you have any information about review classes people go to? Any info will help pls.

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-03-2011 "Received at visa office" 2nd AOR 21 March 2011
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2011 exp 16 May 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
Hi
Congrats on finally getting your assessment results. Can you fill me in on your nursing background. Are you a BSN or diploma? Did you have to do a BET? Do you have to do extra courses etc. Where are you planning to live?

I bought the CNA 5th edition and Mosby CRNE review, which is great.

I was actually getting very disillusioned about CNO as the waiting is so hard, hence the questions. Maybe knowing your story will help me hold on as I also want to take the CRNE in June 2012.
Olga

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sorry for the long silence, just logged in today. Well I did the associate program and then the RN to BSN. So i guess i can say BSN. I do not have to take the BET nor any other courses. I have been studying with the mosby's also. I got mine from the public library- 3 wks loan and i can renew 3 times, someone told me to purchase questions on PRIMED and nurse 2canada and also the crne readiness test after studying and just keep answering questions.
I currently stay in the GTA area
What is the CNA you referred to? Pls let me know
Regards.

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
Hi
CNA is the Canadian Nurse Association - CRNE review, you buy it on line at their website. It is questions and rationales, expensive at $80+. Keep your fingers crossed I get my results soon.

Olga

TKaur81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19/10/2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/01/2012
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting..
annie_t said:
aspire! i'm also applying under FSW 3152 and also an RN based in jeddah. how's your application going? mine just started processing Feb 1, 2011. hope MR comes soon! my VO is manila. im thinking of applying as an LPN first in BC but i don't have any idea just yet how to do it. hehe. good luck to everyone in this thread! God bless ;D
Hi there Annie

Im an RN from the uk am also looking at moving to BC, just recently had my medicals...I was similar to you thinking of applying as an LPN, too I would like a similar healthcare job to nursing when I land as I know it will be a while before I get to work as an RN..Are you moving alone to BC or with family?
Tina

TKaur81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19/10/2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/01/2012
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Olga64 said:
Hi Tina
I landed in Toronto in Sept 2011, I moved to London an hour+ south west of Toronto. They have three great hospitals here. I still don't have the results of my assessment but expect then any day. I also am a midwife so hoping with this and my 25 years full time experience, i will not need any further training, but then you never know.

I came her with my husband and 6 year old son. We did a lot of planning before we left, contacting realators, school boards etc. We found a great hotel at a good price "Homewood suites by Hilton" two rooms - kitchen/living and bedroom with two queen beds, homemade dinner Mon thru Thursday and it worked out at approx 85Cad a night. This is a good price when full breakfast and dinner (4 days) included.

Make sure you do have extra cash with you as starting out again is expensive. Everything went very smooth but there is a lot of redtape at times. make sure you get a copy from your insurance company of your no claims status and if possible from the traffice police/police. Car insurance use a broker we saved 2500 CAD.

Olga
Hello Olga!
Sooo Sorry for not replying sooner, Ive been a bit inactive online as of late. How is everything progressing with your registration? Thankyou very much for replying to my posts. I will be coming alone to BC, so I onlyhave myself to worry about financially, am going to try and save as much money as possible this whole year so I have something to start out with. I have a feeling I will be asked to undergo an SEC as I lack paeds, Obs and Psychiatric training, I'm only trained with adults. I am probably going to take some qualifying courses before I am eligible to sit the CRNE exam. An odd question I know but I need to find a 'survival' job when I first get to vancouver...I saw that you said you were working parttime in a clothing store...is it fairly easy to get retail jobs? I would need a job such as yours I think whilst I was in college doing my qualifying courses... its all so nervewracking! :)

Tina

opensin

Sep 13, 2011
Thank you so much Olga for your response. Isn't there any other medical job that one can do pending there God knows time of assessment? Well I hope one will survive.Thanks.

binstm

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo VO
NOC Code......
3152/4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
14-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-04-2010; The application was reviewed and they started processing on November 10, 2010
Med's Request
Letter dated 27 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Letter Received on 21 March 2012; Medicals done on 24 March 2012; Sent to Ottawa from India on 27 and received on 29th March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sultanali said:
the tym when i applied it took 3.5 months but its also depend on your uni how long they take to respose... now a days its tkes 5 months sometimes..its vary case to case .. if yur uni is well reconized then it wont take longer
Hi,

Congrats!! I have been reading this post for sometime. I am a registered nurse in India and have applied for PR in Canada. Since my credentials are over I am in a stage of preparing for the exam. I would request you to send me any study materials you have so that I can start preparing for the same. It would be of great help if you could do this for me.

My email address is bincy.thamby @ yahoo.com.

Regards
Binstm

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
opensin said:
Thank you so much Olga for your response. Isn't there any other medical job that one can do pending there God knows time of assessment? Well I hope one will survive.Thanks.
Hi
Most things in Ontario are regulated, so not a lot of options in medical, unless you can get a job as a receptionist in a medical clinic/hospital. I was just lucky I got the job in retail, most places want experience. Try volunteering for Red Cross or St John Ambulance as first responder. It keeps you in the "madical" field, and good for the reume.

Olga

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What r best prep resources for CRNE for nurses frm India?
i got following info frm net...
Top Canadian RN exam (CRNE) prep books:

1, Canadian Registered Nurse Exam Prep Guide, 5th Edition $74.95
-200 CRNE style questions
-Most of new grads recommended this book

2,Mosby's Canadian Comprehensive Review of Nursing$72.81
-Over 1,000 questions
- Comprehensive Medical-Surgical based review

3, Lippincott's CRNE prep guide by Elaine Schow and Christina Murray. $54.95
-hundreds of practice questions
-nice and clear rationals

4, Mosby's Comprehensive Review for the Canadian RN Exam by Janice Marshall-Henty, Cheryl Sams & Jonathon Bradshaw $ 74.64

-good case study questions
-Comprehensive

Top Canadian RN exam (CRNE) prep Courses:

1, U of T (2 days) $350----Ontario
http://bloomberg.nursing.utoronto.ca...mprep/crne.htm
-exam strategies and tips
-one CRNE mock exam

2, Toronto School of Health-----Nursing Review Center (1 month) $950----Ontario
http://www.torontoschoolofhealth.com/A/RN%20Exam.htm
-Comprehensive Review content for the CRNE
-1000 CRNE style questions
-2 CRNE mock exams

3, Kwantlen Polytechnic University (2 days)$500----BC
http://www.kwantlen.bc.ca/health/pro...pnur_1199.html
-CRNE review online
-mixed mode of online course work and two face to face workshops

Top CRNE Reference Books:

Lewis, S. M., Heitkemper, M. M., Dirksen, S. R., O’Brien, P. G., & Bucher, L. (2010). Medical-surgical nursing in Canada: Assessment and management of clinical problems (2nd Cdn ed.). St. Louis, Mo.: Mosby Elsevier.

Potter, P., Perry, A., Ross-Kerr, J. C., & Wood, M.J. (2009). Canadian fundamentals of nursing (4th ed.). Toronto: Elsevier.

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suppose a person gets registered as RN in Ontario after taking ILETS n CRNE....the can she get registered in Saskatchewan or Alberta based on Ontario registration?
how much fee/expenses will be required to verify Ontario registration?

thanks

V

vidya

denoosewife said:
Hello to everyone.

I have been a member on this forum for quite some time now, then , I slowed down after all my papers were ready and eventually landed here in Canada last April 2011. I was engrossed to spend more time with my beloved husband that finding work or inquiring for the IELTS requirements for nurses wasn't on the top priority lists.

After a month or so, I still didn't look for a job as I really didn't know where to start. The advantage here is that Canada has got some organizations that cater or assist new immigrants on what they should do to prepare them for job hunting. Seminars are provided to improve the construction of resumes including speaking programs to enhance language skills and check on once confidence when being interviewed. But, luckily , a job was referred to me :) and I was accepted even if I didn't have any Canadian experience.

Just as an update , the latest requirement for nurses' registration is the following:
Speaking 7
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Writing 7

How I wish then, that I would have taken the said exam as I got the band score required ,but then it was just updated to higher score for which all of us will have to work hard as the test gets really difficult and we are not advised to re-take for we might have the same score unless otherwise .

Is this a requirement for CNO or is it applicable in some other province?

GIL

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Visa Office......
sydney australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
PER JAN 2012 ,AOR FEB 2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
2/ 2012
Med's Request
11/2012
Med's Done....
11/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7/13
VISA ISSUED...
7/13
LANDED..........
8/13
hi to all i have done my gnm nursing from india and 5 years experience from india wants to know how to persue my profession in canada

sweetlove16

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
hello. im planning to apply this year just want to recheck my points.
i need 2 yrs of work experience to be qualified.
Is it necessary that all of your jobs lasted for at least one yr? or its okay to have at least 1 of your jobs to last for one yr?

my first work lasted for 10 months (nurse, hospital A).
and my 2nd work for 1 and a half yr (nurse, hospital B)..

i resigned November and transferred to hospital B november also.

will it be equivalent to 2 yrs( even if my first job did not last for 1 yr) ?? thanks

TKaur81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19/10/2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/01/2012
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Hello

Has any nurse had to take a SEC yet on this forum?? If so how difficult is it and where could I get resources from to help me prepare? I have a feeling I will definately need to take one as I will be applying to go to BC and I know it is a requirement there...

Thankyou

tina