Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........
hi dear all,,
could anyone please send me the complete CNO application package coz i just have assessment package only.,
before decide to apply CNO i want to check complete application package ,,

any way the CNO application is same as other provinces application? if its same, it will be okay.

chandi2564

Star Member
Oct 14, 2008
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2010
Doc's Request.
09/07/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
IELTS Request
sent with full docs in 09/07/2010
Med's Request
12/01/2012
Med's Done....
29/01/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandi2564 said:
hi dear all,,
could anyone please send me the complete CNO application package coz i just have assessment package only.,
before decide to apply CNO i want to check complete application package ,,

any way the CNO application is same as other provinces application? if its same, it will be okay.
as per what i did for registration , i had sent email to CNO for requesting Initial Assesment Application form with certain details they send you this form before you pay any thing and this is the form which is important ,
after sending form, fees and documents , they asses your application , if all cleared they will send you exam registration form which is very basic form with just personal infi and payment details ...

hope it will address your cerncern :)

chandi2564

Star Member
Oct 14, 2008
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2010
Doc's Request.
09/07/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12/01/2012
Med's Done....
29/01/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........
sultanali said:
as per what i did for registration , i had sent email to CNO for requesting Initial Assesment Application form with certain details they send you this form before you pay any thing and this is the form which is important ,
after sending form, fees and documents , they asses your application , if all cleared they will send you exam registration form which is very basic form with just personal infi and payment details ...

hope it will address your cerncern :)
hi sultanali,
thank you for such quick reply,
my application has following:,

Payment Information
Personal Information
Initial Nursing Education
Summary of Additional Education
Summary of Registration
List all jurisdictions in which you applied but did not receive registration as a nurse
Summary of Examinations
Declaration of Registration Requirements
Authorization to Release Information
Verification of Course Completion and Transcript Request

but it does not have following :

Language Declaration
Currency of Registered Nursing Practice
Documentation of Registered Nursing Experience/Practice
VERIFICATION OF NURSE REGISTRATION STATUS

Is this normal procedure ?
will CNO send me again whole application later or as you say exam registration info,,,,

please let me know
thanks

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandi2564 said:
hi sultanali,
thank you for such quick reply,
my application has following:,

Payment Information
Personal Information
Initial Nursing Education
Summary of Additional Education
Summary of Registration
List all jurisdictions in which you applied but did not receive registration as a nurse
Summary of Examinations
Declaration of Registration Requirements
Authorization to Release Information
Verification of Course Completion and Transcript Request

but it does not have following :

Language Declaration
Currency of Registered Nursing Practice
Documentation of Registered Nursing Experience/Practice
VERIFICATION OF NURSE REGISTRATION STATUS

Is this normal procedure ?
will CNO send me again whole application later or as you say exam registration info,,,,

please let me know
thanks
THATS PERFECTLY FINE , THAT WHAT THEY NEED :) SO NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOU GOT ALL YOU NEED TO FILL :)

vnca

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 13 2011,
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
PER on 5th oct 2011, AOR from NDVO:14th Nov 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
05th oct 2011
Med's Request
24/03/2012
Med's Done....
11/04/2012, Medical sent to LVO - 25/05/12, ecas update - 28/06/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06 July2012,Delivered on 24 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Re: 3152 Registered – Strictly English Only

Can anybody tell how long CNO will take for sending application pack once we request them?
Whether they will send a soft copy or hard copy?

Please reply

chandi2564

Star Member
Oct 14, 2008
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2010
Doc's Request.
09/07/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12/01/2012
Med's Done....
29/01/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........
sultanali said:
THATS PERFECTLY FINE , THAT WHAT THEY NEED :) SO NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOU GOT ALL YOU NEED TO FILL :)
cheers mate

Bindu

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
By God's Grace on 01-12-2010
File Transfer...
2nd AOR by GOD's Grace on 21-Feb-2011
Med's Request
Recieved by Allmighty GOD Jesus Christ's grace on 08-03-2011
Med's Done....
Completed the Med by God's Grace on 14-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport and RPRF sent by God's Grace on 17-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Status changed to Decision Made on 25th June 2011 , Visa Issued by God's Grace on July 15th 2011
LANDED..........
Landed by God's Grace in Toronto on 11th Aug 2011
Hi Sultanali,

Thanks for starting this, so have you left the other RN thread ?, I too have requested couple of times my other nursing friends to use english, but I still see lot of non english being used in the RN thread.
I have one suggestion for you, Is it possible to rename the thread from 3152 Registered – Strictly English Only
to 3152 Registered Nurses – Strictly English Only probably it is easy for a new commer in this forum to identify the right discussion thread, any how I'm into this thread and also will look into the other RN thread also coz we still have friends in RN parent thread who still communicate in english.

God Bless us all..

Cheers
Bindu

sultanali said:
3152 Registered – Strictly English Only

No other Language will be tolerated in this thread – we are here to share the information so should not used the form/language which cannot be understandable or meaningless for any of us.

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 & March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
Does anyone here can tell me whats the steps to be followed to get registration in Alberta?

What I did so far is sent application + Fees + All documents except the ielts which I have short of points and going to do in early March hopefully.

I got a user name and password from the CARNA where I could see all my details updated except the ielts.

Whats the next as I guess is submit my ielts and write the test. Please advise me if somethingelse is required.

I could see many guys here talking about LMO, bridging programs etc etc.

I asked this question many times and didnt get a reply, but still trying again.

Many thanks in advance for your replies. Sans_May2010

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Sans_May,

I am a Filipino, though maybe not welcome in this thread but I am more than willing to answer some of your questions:
1. LMO- Labor Market Opinion. This is a primary requirement if you want to work temporarily in Canada. This is a must for those who will apply for working visa. This LMO can also be used for your PR application. If I remembered it right, this will give you 10 points more, so chances of getting 67 points is higher, and you dont have to get high scores in IELTS if you can get 10 points from the LMO. If you have enougn points to gain the 67 points mark without the LMO, then your PR application is fine.
How to get this LMO? First you got to have an employer in Canada that will offer you a job. That employer will apply to HRSDC for a positive LMO. HRSDC is the government agency tasked to screen LMO applications to ensure jobs offered are within the framework of the law and to ensure that there are no jobless immigrants and Canadian citizens who wants and are qualified to that position.
If all the requiements are met HRSDC will issue a positive LMO to your employer in Canada. The LMO contains the name of the employer, the employee to be hired, the salary, the validity of the LMO, etc.
2. Bridging programs- There is a regulating body for each regulated profession in Canada per province. Each province has its own unique rules. For Nurses, in Ontario its CNO, in Alberta its CARNA, in Manitoba it's CRNM. Depending on which province you are applying these regulating bodies are the ones tasked to screen if the degree earned by a foreign trained and educated professional is equivalent to that of Canadian standards. If they find it to be not equal to that of Canadian standards they will ask you to undergo some bridging programs. Meaning they will ask you to study in Canada to bridge that area where they find it lacking from your education earned from outside Canada.
By the way, I just recently got my RN license in Manitoba through College of REgistred Nurses of Manitoba. And recently my employer in Canada just received the positive LMO from HRSDC for my employment in their hospital. For Alberta registration, just google CARNA and all the detailed steps are there. Hope this helped.

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 & March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
Appreciate your help aspire

I personally dont think this thread is for some specific nationals. I respect everybody no matter where they come from or what religion they belongs to or the color of the skin etc etc. I really mean it aspire. If anyone think about any such barriers will feel difficult to live in a multi cultural country like canada.

Feel free aspire

Your answer below sounds great. I have no concern about the immigration points which I already got it and I am in a stage waiting for my second acknowledgement after sending documents in Oct 2010.

One more question remaining now, Is this LMO required for the nursing registration? I dont have an employer at the moment and I will be finding one when I get into canada. What I am trying at them moment is to make everything ready for registration before I get into Canada so that I can write the CRNA exam and can get registered as quick as possible.

By the where are you working at the moment?

Sans_May2010

aspire said:
Sans_May,

I am a Filipino, though maybe not welcome in this thread but I am more than willing to answer some of your questions:
1. LMO- Labor Market Opinion. This is a primary requirement if you want to work temporarily in Canada. This is a must for those who will apply for working visa. This LMO can also be used for your PR application. If I remembered it right, this will give you 10 points more, so chances of getting 67 points is higher, and you dont have to get high scores in IELTS if you can get 10 points from the LMO. If you have enougn points to gain the 67 points mark without the LMO, then your PR application is fine.
How to get this LMO? First you got to have an employer in Canada that will offer you a job. That employer will apply to HRSDC for a positive LMO. HRSDC is the government agency tasked to screen LMO applications to ensure jobs offered are within the framework of the law and to ensure that there are no jobless immigrants and Canadian citizens who wants and are qualified to that position.
If all the requiements are met HRSDC will issue a positive LMO to your employer in Canada. The LMO contains the name of the employer, the employee to be hired, the salary, the validity of the LMO, etc.
2. Bridging programs- There is a regulating body for each regulated profession in Canada per province. Each province has its own unique rules. For Nurses, in Ontario its CNO, in Alberta its CARNA, in Manitoba it's CRNM. Depending on which province you are applying these regulating bodies are the ones tasked to screen if the degree earned by a foreign trained and educated professional is equivalent to that of Canadian standards. If they find it to be not equal to that of Canadian standards they will ask you to undergo some bridging programs. Meaning they will ask you to study in Canada to bridge that area where they find it lacking from your education earned from outside Canada.
By the way, I just recently got my RN license in Manitoba through College of REgistred Nurses of Manitoba. And recently my employer in Canada just received the positive LMO from HRSDC for my employment in their hospital. For Alberta registration, just google CARNA and all the detailed steps are there. Hope this helped.

chandi2564

Star Member
Oct 14, 2008
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2010
Doc's Request.
09/07/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12/01/2012
Med's Done....
29/01/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........
aspire said:
Sans_May,

you are more than welcome

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
Sans_May,

Aspire you are really welcome with all due respectes :) this thread is not for any specific nations :) its for every single person .. jus was a bit concern about language as many people cant understand these languages and only pupose was to make all understand what we are talking about ...

one +1 for you :) .. and all national are alwayz welcome in this thread :)

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
LMO is not required for nursing registration. Unfortunately, just in the second quarter of 2010 CRNM (Manitoba) rules was changed. Residency in Canada is now part of the requirements for registration. You got to have a PR or at least a working visa to qualify for registration. Lucky me, I got ther registration before this new rule was implemented. Same rules applies to CNO(Ontario). I just do not know with CARNA.

I am currently working here in Saudi Arabia. God Bless.

Sans_May2010 said:
Appreciate your help aspire

I personally dont think this thread is for some specific nationals. I respect everybody no matter where they come from or what religion they belongs to or the color of the skin etc etc. I really mean it aspire. If anyone think about any such barriers will feel difficult to live in a multi cultural country like canada.

Feel free aspire

Your answer below sounds great. I have no concern about the immigration points which I already got it and I am in a stage waiting for my second acknowledgement after sending documents in Oct 2010.

One more question remaining now, Is this LMO required for the nursing registration? I dont have an employer at the moment and I will be finding one when I get into canada. What I am trying at them moment is to make everything ready for registration before I get into Canada so that I can write the CRNA exam and can get registered as quick as possible.

By the where are you working at the moment?

Sans_May2010