+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

30weeks pregnant and still waiting for our visa

stunningrae

Mar 17, 2016
Hi! My husband is the principal sponsor. We received an email requesting for our passport. We immediately sent it yesterday.

I am just wondering what if we received our visa before I give birth to our baby, what are the things i need to do when we will be going to canada?Will I still be allowed to go to canada?

And....

What if I give birth to our baby before we receive our visa, can we still go to canada with the baby? what are the requirements?

PLS HELP ME! I want my baby to be with us when we go to canada if our visa is approved.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
jairichi said:
It is highly unlikely you will be allowed to board the flight by being 30 weeks pregnant.
Just what I was going to say and suggest the OP contacts their airline as they are pretty firm on this and generally anything post 28 weeks is a NO if any previous complications. Have you updated CIC at any time to say you were pregnant or just assumed that you would be in Canada and the baby would be born post landing. If you end up staying in your home country for the birth then the baby will need travel documents in any case, not sure about the visa status .

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
stunningrae said:
Hi! My husband is the principal sponsor. We received an email requesting for our passport. We immediately sent it yesterday.

I am just wondering what if we received our visa before I give birth to our baby, what are the things i need to do when we will be going to canada?Will I still be allowed to go to canada?
If you and your husband get PR visas before the baby is born, then you can travel to Canada and do your landing while pregnant.

Just check with the airline and your doctor to see if they will allow you to fly depending how many weeks you are. I've heard some airlines allow flying up to 36-38 weeks with a doctors note.
i.e. here's Air Canada's policy: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/before/specialneeds.html
Air travel during pregnancy:
Any woman with a normal pregnancy and no previous history of premature labour may travel up to and including her 36th week on Air Canada, Jazz and Air Canada coded flights operated by Tier 3 carriers.

Also check if you will have healthcare coverage in Canada to cover your delivery costs. Many provinces require a 3-month wait and if you need to pay for delivery during this time it can cost you up to $10,000 or even more if there are complications.

What if I give birth to our baby before we receive our visa, can we still go to canada with the baby? what are the requirements?
If you have your baby before you get the PR visa, or if you have the baby at any time before you're able to actually land in Canada as a PR, you must immediately contact the visa office and add your baby to your application. This means if you get PR visas but aren't able to make it to Canada before the delivery, you'll need to cancel those visa and have visa office issue you new ones which will include the baby as a new dependent in the application.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Even though Air Canada says maybe 36-38 weeks I would guess a transatlantic flight at that stage in economy is not something any expectant mother would want to experience. Trouble with airline websites is they are pretty generic and would not be surprised if the 36-38 week reference is more aimed at short domestic flights. Only way to know is call the airline and even then the checkin staff or even at boarding may have the last word.Doctors letter required for sure whatever the outcome on travel decision to confirm fitness to travel.