+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

30 points for Education, certifcate question

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,
I just finished a fellowship of 2 years in a Canadian university , i didn't received hard copy certificate yet.
I did receive a Certificate of Completion letter from the university thats look like this:

"Certificate of Completion
This letter serves to confirm that Dr. XXXX has successfully completed two years of Clinical Fellowship Postgraduate Medical training in the XXX program from:
January 01, 2015 to December 31, 2016
Feel free to contact our office, should you require further clarification.
Sincerely,
XXX, PharmD, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Assistant Dean,
Postgraduate Medical Education"

Can i claim the 30 points for education right now or that i need to wait for the hard copy certificate?

Thanks

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
You will need to provide the copy of the certificate in case you receive an ITA. And with 2 years diploma/certificate, you will get 15 points, not 30 points.

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
It's a doctor degree so its 30 points:

"30 points, if the foreign national has either:
an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,
an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level".

Username Find

Apr 20, 2012
Hey, does anyone have any idea if pharmacy professional will get 30 points? thank you (the pharmacy degree is from another country though)