+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3+ years out of Canada, PR Card Valid, entering from US

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I soft landed in early 2019, so it has been 3+ years since then. My PR card is valid till 2024 and I am Indian citizen living in the US. I don't have plans to move to Canada, but don't want to burn the bridge (renounce) just yet. If I travel to Canada by road for a short trip, will I be reported for RO violation immediately? Anything else I should remember? Losing the PR in the longer term is not a big concern for me. But being denied entry for my short trip and/or being denied tourist Visa/entry in future is a big concern for me.
Tagging some other knowledgeable members as I find them in other threads. @dpenabill @scylla @jakklondon @canuck78

Last edited:

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
I soft landed in early 2019, so it has been 3+ years since then. My PR card is valid till 2024 and I am Indian citizen living in the US. I don't have plans to move to Canada, but don't want to burn the bridge (renounce) just yet. If I travel to Canada by road for a short trip, will I be reported for RO violation immediately? Anything else I should remember? Losing the PR in the longer term is not a big concern for me. But being denied entry for my short trip and/or being denied tourist Visa/entry in future is a big concern for me.
Tagging some other knowledgeable members as I find them in other threads. @dpenabill
You are a PR so you won’t be denied entry. Not being compliant with RO, you may be reported; no way to no for sure if or when you would be reported, a lot of it rests with the CBSA officer.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Tagging some other knowledgeable members as I find them in other threads. @dpenabill @scylla @jakklondon @canuck78
You cannot be denied entry as a PR when you arrive at the border. You may or may not be reported for RO violation (depends on the agent) but still will be let in the country.

You can travel back and forth till your PR is not revoked, and you will be allowed to enter every time. Once PR is revoked, you will need to apply for visitor visa, which will be evaluated at its own merits.