+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 MONTHS PGWP ISSUE

ONEwithGOD

Jan 7, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a peculiar issue that requires urgent attention, hence I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to go about it. I completed my one year program in an accredited college without any gap in study, have a valid passport till 2025 and never violated any terms of my study permit. I applied for my PGWP within 50 days after graduation, and after about 4 months of waiting for approval, IRRC gave me a 3 months PGWP which is very unusual. All my attempts to sending webform keeps coming back with generic response which does not address the issue. Now the 3 months PGWP is expiring this week and I dont know what to do. I'm wondering if its possible to repply for another one since its certainly a mistake from their end or i should apply for visitor's visa as i understand I cant be here without legal stay.

Please somebody come to my rescue

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi everyone,

I have a peculiar issue that requires urgent attention, hence I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to go about it. I completed my one year program in an accredited college without any gap in study, have a valid passport till 2025 and never violated any terms of my study permit. I applied for my PGWP within 50 days after graduation, and after about 4 months of waiting for approval, IRRC gave me a 3 months PGWP which is very unusual. All my attempts to sending webform keeps coming back with generic response which does not address the issue. Now the 3 months PGWP is expiring this week and I dont know what to do. I'm wondering if its possible to repply for another one since its certainly a mistake from their end or i should apply for visitor's visa as i understand I cant be here without legal stay.

Bro consult with an IRCC registered agent before taking any decision, they may guide you better.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

The immigration officer screwed you, simple as that. Minimum is 8 months. You will have to contest legally which will cost alot of money.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why would you wait until the last week of expiry? You should have asked for reconsideration the moment you got your PGWP. You cannot reapply for another one as a PGWP is a one time thing. Get a licensed consultant or lawyer ASAP.

What school?

ONEwithGOD

Jan 7, 2021
Bro consult with an IRCC registered agent before taking any decision, they may guide you better.
I reached out to one, but the fee he gave me is too much and I'm wondering if i'm going to be compensated for that since its an obvious mistake from IRCC. I dont have the kind of money they're charging at the moment

ONEwithGOD

Jan 7, 2021
The immigration officer screwed you, simple as that. Minimum is 8 months. You will have to contest legally which will cost alot of money.
Yes Bro, I believe they mistook my passport to be expiring this year, as the PGWP has exact expiry date with my passport, but year is 2025. Can I remain in Canada if i submit a TRV application?

ONEwithGOD

Jan 7, 2021
Why would you wait until the last week of expiry? You should have asked for reconsideration the moment you got your PGWP. You cannot reapply for another one as a PGWP is a one time thing. Get a licensed consultant or lawyer ASAP.

What school?
School is Fanshawe college, London Ontario

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I reached out to one, but the fee he gave me is too much and I'm wondering if i'm going to be compensated for that since its an obvious mistake from IRCC. I dont have the kind of money they're charging at the moment
A consultant is not going to reimburse and IRCC is not going to compensate you. You should be asking for reconsideration through IRCC right now. Not sure it will help given you have waited almost 3 months. You really need professional advice.

ONEwithGOD

Jan 7, 2021
A consultant is not going to reimburse and IRCC is not going to compensate you. You should be asking for reconsideration through IRCC right now. Not sure it will help given you have waited almost 3 months. You really need professional advice.
Thanks for your prompt response Sis, I've actually been writing them via webform since the past 3 months hoping to get it rectified. It was Mid last month that one of their agents replied and said he's escalating it to the department that will look into it, so i thought they might be able to resolve it before the expiration.