+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 months after appeal was approved, I haven't hear anything why ??????

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
Our appeal was allowed on sept 5th , file apparently went back to mexico city , I sent a request to mexico city to verify if file have been received , their response was not a YES or a NO to my question.

How long after appeal allowed ,/approved/won is the wait ?

any others out there in the process of appeal that cam share their timelines? Does the Bxxxxxxx File number changes ?

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
mikeyvr said:
Our appeal was allowed on sept 5th , file apparently went back to mexico city , I sent a request to mexico city to verify if file have been received , their response was not a YES or a NO to my question.

How long after appeal allowed ,/approved/won is the wait ?

any others out there in the process of appeal that cam share their timelines? Does the Bxxxxxxx File number changes ?

anyone in the middle of an appeal ?

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would advise you to call CIC call center, they might be able to answer your questions and even access your process' information on their computer.

Since appeal is part of the process your Client ID Number should be the same as before.(??)

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
dudebr said:
I would advise you to call CIC call center, they might be able to answer your questions and even access your process' information on their computer.

Since appeal is part of the process your Client ID Number should be the same as before.
Because the application is an outland, the file changes is not longer a client id but a file Id. Stars with Bxxxxxxxxx, when called CIC they told me they only have access to Client ID numbers , that I should contact the embassy where my file is . Mexico City has not answer any of my emails requesting status on file.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That's correct - the CIC Call Centre cannot give you information on overseas applications. Our appeal was allowed on 14Jan2010 and was sent back to Buffalo mid-March from the Toronto IAD. Buffalo acknowledged receipt end of April and asked for new medicals and a new FBI clearance. That took me four months, and Buffalo finally had everything they needed from me mid-October. We got notified of approval on Nov 30. And yes, the Bxxxxxxx file number does change when you go back for reprocessing.

It's really frustrating to wait so long for your appeal, and then wait again - but I'm here to say that even for the complicated cases, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you do finally reach it.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
RobsLuv said:
That's correct - the CIC Call Centre cannot give you information on overseas applications. Our appeal was allowed on 14Jan2010 and was sent back to Buffalo mid-March from the Toronto IAD. Buffalo acknowledged receipt end of April and asked for new medicals and a new FBI clearance. That took me four months, and Buffalo finally had everything they needed from me mid-October. We got notified of approval on Nov 30. And yes, the Bxxxxxxx file number does change when you go back for reprocessing.

It's really frustrating to wait so long for your appeal, and then wait again - but I'm here to say that even for the complicated cases, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you do finally reach it.
Im just afraid that the new FBI reports , rcmp reports and state report will expire, i went and order new ones , they been sitting on my desk for 1 month thinking that i wanted to have them ready for when they ask for them , buts its been more than 3 months and i havent heard anything from mexico city. I know i have to wait , im ok waiting i guess , but afraid of those fbi reports to expired, they were issued on NOv 1st 2010

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request