+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 marriage and 2 divorce with same spouse

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
Hi, I have a complex issue, seeking suggestion kindly.

my application type is Quebec skilled work. I have received CoPR, but non landing.

Due to personal reason, I have several times marriage and divorce with same spouse.
when I do the application on CIC stage, I filled the date of first time marriage, and and marital status is married. But actually at that time, we are divorce status. and before the visa, we have married again.

From our first marriage, my spouse and I are living together all the time, and we did not have any marriage or common-law relationship with the third person, whenever we are married or divorce period.

The timeline of marriage is:
Date Marital Action
  1. 2010-12 Marriage
  2. 2015-08 Divorce
  3. 2016-03 Marriage
  4. 2017-09 Divorce
  5. 2019-03 Marriage

The timeline of PR application is:
  1. 2018-01, CSQ received
  2. 2018-06, IRCC application received
  3. 2019-10, Medical check
  4. 2020-05, CoPR received

When I received the CoPR, there is additional Notice shows it is illegal using invalid visa. I realize that I may make a mistake. At the begin, I think I just regain marriage and keep the status is married, so My application have no problem. But in the requirement, I need report each change of marriage, I am wrong.
Now I am anxious, my mistake make me stuck in the middle.

My question is:
  1. whether my visa is valid, can I use the visa and copr to land?
  2. I think I should update the truth marriage record, and make apology to VO for wrong information. Because I have not landed by "invalid visa", so I am not illegal, I am update the application. Honest action may be forgave, Is it right?
  3. will the VO withdraw my visa?
  4. will the application be rejected or review?
Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have a complex issue, seeking suggestion kindly.

my application type is Quebec skilled work. I have received CoPR, but non landing.

Due to personal reason, I have several times marriage and divorce with same spouse.
when I do the application on CIC stage, I filled the date of first time marriage, and and marital status is married. But actually at that time, we are divorce status. and before the visa, we have married again.

From our first marriage, my spouse and I are living together all the time, and we did not have any marriage or common-law relationship with the third person, whenever we are married or divorce period.

The timeline of marriage is:
Date Marital Action
  1. 2010-12 Marriage
  2. 2015-08 Divorce
  3. 2016-03 Marriage
  4. 2017-09 Divorce
  5. 2019-03 Marriage

The timeline of PR application is:
  1. 2018-01, CSQ received
  2. 2018-06, IRCC application received
  3. 2019-10, Medical check
  4. 2020-05, CoPR received

When I received the CoPR, there is additional Notice shows it is illegal using invalid visa. I realize that I may make a mistake. At the begin, I think I just regain marriage and keep the status is married, so My application have no problem. But in the requirement, I need report each change of marriage, I am wrong.
Now I am anxious, my mistake make me stuck in the middle.

My question is:
  1. whether my visa is valid, can I use the visa and copr to land?
  2. I think I should update the truth marriage record, and make apology to VO for wrong information. Because I have not landed by "invalid visa", so I am not illegal, I am update the application. Honest action may be forgave, Is it right?
  3. will the VO withdraw my visa?
  4. will the application be rejected or review?
Thanks in advance!
Your visa is invalid since your marital status is changed again and you haven't updated your application. If you use your current visa to land, you will be committing misrepresentation which may result in your PR status being revoked. You need to report your marriage to IRCC, return your visa (it's invalid and cannot be used) and add your spouse to your application.

Your situation is far too complicated for an internet forum. Hire a good Canadian lawyer to help you with next steps.

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
Your visa is invalid since your marital status is changed again and you haven't updated your application. If you use your current visa to land, you will be committing misrepresentation which may result in your PR status being revoked. You need to report your marriage to IRCC, return your visa (it's invalid and cannot be used) and add your spouse to your application.

Your situation is far too complicated for an internet forum. Hire a good Canadian lawyer to help you with next steps.
our application is always including me and the spouse.
thanks for your suggestion. I need get a lawyer to seek help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
our application is always including me and the spouse.
thanks for your suggestion. I need get a lawyer to seek help.
How could it have included your spouse? You were no longer married when you received CSQ. Did you not notify them about the divorce?

You need to work with a lawyer. Your situation is messy.

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
before I received CSQ, I did not notice the marriage change to Quebec. when I do the application to IRCC, I use the former notarization of first marriage.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
before I received CSQ, I did not notice the marriage change to Quebec. when I do the application to IRCC, I use the former notarization of first marriage.
I would very strong recommend that you review all of this with a lawyer.

Technically what you've done is misrepresentation by hiding a divorce and remarriage.

Again, this situation is too compliated to get advice from an internet forum where people are giving advice for free.

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
I would very strong recommend that you review all of this with a lawyer.

Technically what you've done is misrepresentation by hiding a divorce and remarriage.

Again, this situation is too compliated to get advice from an internet forum where people are giving advice for free.
Understood. Thanks a lot. And could you introduce the immigration laywer? I have no resources about it.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is even better. Regardless if it is with the same person or not, you should have report yourself as divorced for the application. And it would take you another year after your last divorce with that person to gain back common law status. Which is also something you did not mentioned in your history (of course this would be applicable only for the gap between second divorce and 3rd marriage). If you lived together for at least 1 year before last marriage you became common law, so most likely you have omitted to mention 2 changes (and important changes).
Not to mention you have additionally filled out your first marriage date (with marriage certificate) and used invalid document. You have hidden the fact that you were divorced 2x.
Yes a good lawyer is heavily recommended.