+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd work permit application (from inside Canada) while already in the process with another company - is it possible?

entr0py

Jul 27, 2019
I am here in Canada (currently working for Company No. 1 on a still valid work permit). 2 months ago I closed an offer with another company (Company No. 2). I was approved new LMIA and already applied from within Canada, for a new work permit with conditions that allows me to work for Company No. 2 (Still waiting the 90 day period to get approved with them - about ~30 days left for that.)

But 2 days ago I received WAY better job offer from Company No. 3. Now I would like to go with Company No. 3. But since I am already in the process with Company No. 2 - Can I apply for a new work permit with Company No. 3?

Anything else you would like to add regarding my situation/question?

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you find your answers?
The answer will be yes. You need to get another LMIA, apply for another WP and break the news to company #2. Expect that company #2 will not be pleased if you asked them to pursue an LMIA after all the time an expense. If it is a small industry it is especially not good to burn bridges.

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Well, so you are saying, you will have two new work permits printed by the federal government. First for Company #2 and later for Company#3? You already have a company #1 work permit as well. I reckon all 3 will have unique UCI numbers.