+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd try approved :)

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hey guys,

I submitted an online application for my parents on May 1st and their visa got approved today - only five days later. We're all so happy, but mostly relieved. They will go to the VFS to submit their passports tomorrow.

The first time, they submitted a paper application with my sister. They mostly did it themselves and my involvement was minimal. It also turns out they forgot to submit the Use of Representative form. This time around, the major difference was the organization of the documents. We submitted exactly the same documents but I spent a lot of time putting them together in such a way that it looks very professional and organized, and is easy for the visa officer to follow through. The only new documents we submitted this time were the Use of a family member representative for online applications form and a Letter of Financial Support from my dad for my mother. We also reduced the number of days for the visit from 24 days to 14 days.

s.jagjit

Jul 18, 2016
Hey guys,

I submitted an online application for my parents on May 1st and their visa got approved today - only five days later. We're all so happy, but mostly relieved. They will go to the VFS to submit their passports tomorrow.

The first time, they submitted a paper application with my sister. They mostly did it themselves and my involvement was minimal. It also turns out they forgot to submit the Use of Representative form. This time around, the major difference was the organization of the documents. We submitted exactly the same documents but I spent a lot of time putting them together in such a way that it looks very professional and organized, and is easy for the visa officer to follow through. The only new documents we submitted this time were the Use of a family member representative for online applications form and a Letter of Financial Support from my dad for my mother. We also reduced the number of days for the visit from 24 days to 14 days.
Wow what great , which visa office it is , so fast processing

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Wow what great , which visa office it is , so fast processing
My closest visa processing centre is New Delhi, and that is where the initial paper application was submitted (and refused). I'm not sure which office reviewed our second attempt since I've heard that online applications can be processed anywhere, and not necessarily at your nearest visa processing centre.

Do keep in mind that my parents' 2nd attempt was much faster cuz this time they didn't have to do biometrics.

jkainth

Oct 1, 2015
Hi there

Can you please explain what have you shown for your parents as their commitment to came back after their return. I mean how did the officer satisfied that they will come back. I want to apply for my mom
Thanks

mpl1973

Apr 23, 2019
Do we have to resubmit all the documents again or only explanation letter with rejection letter?

mpl1973

Apr 23, 2019
You have to start from the very beginning. Include everything.
Reapplying for aunt. She does not have a travel history. Any appropriate explanation for travel history you may suggest of?
Thank you in advance for your help

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Reapplying for aunt. She does not have a travel history. Any appropriate explanation for travel history you may suggest of?
Thank you in advance for your help
Demonstrate ties to the home country, reasons why she would leave Canada. You don't need to "explain" travel history, you just need to prove that she can pay for her own trip and has solid reasons why she would not overstay.

mpl1973

Apr 23, 2019
Demonstrate ties to the home country, reasons why she would leave Canada. You don't need to "explain" travel history, you just need to prove that she can pay for her own trip and has solid reasons why she would not overstay.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Her family ties are her 2 kids who will stay back in India. Her mother, brothers and sisters. Her business and her properties. They still rejected on the basis of ties to home country. Wonder how to explain this

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just having family in another country is a tie, but it's not a compelling reason to not overstay. She also has family ties in Canada!

What must she do in India that she cannot do in Canada? Renew a pension? Renew leases? Manage property? Care for her mother? Do you have proof of those things she must do in India?

mpl1973

Apr 23, 2019
Just having family in another country is a tie, but it's not a compelling reason to not overstay. She also has family ties in Canada!

What must she do in India that she cannot do in Canada? Renew a pension? Renew leases? Manage property? Care for her mother? Do you have proof of those things she must do in India?
Yup. Care for her mother. Property management. She can provide proof of that.
Her account has over $10k CAD for 3 weeks trip. They dont think it is enough. Also gave reasons of financial

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hi there

Can you please explain what have you shown for your parents as their commitment to came back after their return. I mean how did the officer satisfied that they will come back. I want to apply for my mom
Thanks
My dad (principal applicant) owns two businesses back home and also owns some land/ properties. My mom (secondary applicant) is a homemaker but she also owns her own property. Documents for these were submitted. But most importantly, my dad is presenting a huge presentation in August at the annual meeting of the professional association that he is a member of. He got a letter from them verifying the above information.

Last edited: