+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Medical Request Letter

asfrh

Mar 30, 2018
Doha, Qatar
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Greetings,

I received a request letter from IRCC asking for a medical (Form IMM1017E). I have already done a medical and it showed as Medical Passed in both the IRCC status updates as well as the GCMS notes. My application is taking longer to process and I have previously received a first request letter asking for a police clearance and my personal history, my height and my eye color.

I proceeded to book an appointment for a medical but I am slightly confused by the language of the letter. The letter states the following:

re-complete or provide proof of completion of a new Immigration medical examination for yourself to ensure there is sufficent validity to your visa when issued. Completed or proof of completion of the new medical examination must be received at this office by: 2019/08/02
My understanding is that I need a second medical as the old one is likely to expire by the time I would potentially get a visa. The old one was done on the 9th of September 2018.

It's just that this sequence of events makes me feel like some documents weren't received/checked by the immigration officer in the London office beforehand.

Thanks,
A.F

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Greetings,

I received a request letter from IRCC asking for a medical (Form IMM1017E). I have already done a medical and it showed as Medical Passed in both the IRCC status updates as well as the GCMS notes. My application is taking longer to process and I have previously received a first request letter asking for a police clearance and my personal history, my height and my eye color.

I proceeded to book an appointment for a medical but I am slightly confused by the language of the letter. The letter states the following:

My understanding is that I need a second medical as the old one is likely to expire by the time I would potentially get a visa. The old one was done on the 9th of September 2018.

It's just that this sequence of events makes me feel like some documents weren't received/checked by the immigration officer in the London office beforehand.

Thanks,
A.F
Congratulations, they're about to issue your PPR. The new medical request is so you can have enough validity on your visa.

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
It's done! I got the passport request letter, two weeks ago and gave my passport. The application updated today and change to completed and accepted. What a ride! Looking forward to the next phase :D
Told ya! Congratulations.

Mubarak786

Oct 12, 2019
It's done! I got the passport request letter, two weeks ago and gave my passport. The application updated today and change to completed and accepted. What a ride! Looking forward to the next phase :D
Hi!

So, did you take another medical test and submitted new medical sheet? Basically, I have also got the same issue. When I submitted application, my previous medical was not expired so I attached that. But now I got letter to complete or provide proof of completion of medical test.
Plz let me know about this.

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Greetings,

Thanks,
A.F
Did you receive this by email or inside GcKey portal?