+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd marriage of Sponsor

Lovebird

Apr 15, 2017
Hi guys need your help!

I applied for my wife under FAM and she is from Pakistan. This is my second marriage. I want to know how much it effects on ones application process? Like does it cause delay or leads to an interview??

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Are you divorced or widowed? Being previously married in and of its self is not a problem, but they will look very closely at the circumstances of your previous marriage/divorce, particularly if it had anything to do with Canadian status. They will scrutinize your current marriage as well to ensure it follows your country's typical relationship/marriage customs and that it is not a marriage of convenience. They do this anyway, but may want to be a bit more thorough.

Make sure you have submitted ample proof of current relationship and a clear explanation of the circumstances of your past marriage/divorce. It wont necessarily cause any delays, they have committed to finalizing applications now within 12 months regardless, but yes it is possible there will be an interview, so make sure your wife is also aware of your previous relationship details because they will likely ask her about it if she does have to attend an interview.

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Lovebird said:
Hi guys need your help!

I applied for my wife under FAM and she is from Pakistan. This is my second marriage. I want to know how much it effects on ones application process? Like does it cause delay or leads to an interview??
It will lead to interview which means delay

M

mikeymyke

If in Pakistan, marriage between a divorcee and a never married is unusual, then there will be an interview

SoniAZ

Apr 17, 2017
My husband sponsored me last month. He was married before. He got his divorce certificate last year in January 2016 and we got married in December 2016.

I reside in Pakistan and after marriage he went back to Canada .

I want to know whether the previous marriage will have any effect on our application processing time ?

Its inhumane to wait for your spouse that long :( and then all these complications is absurd.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Lovebird said:
Hi guys need your help!

SoniAZ said:
My husband sponsored me last month. He was married before. He got his divorce certificate last year in January 2016 and we got married in December 2016.

I reside in Pakistan and after marriage he went back to Canada .

I want to know whether the previous marriage will have any effect on our application processing time ?

Its inhumane to wait for your spouse that long :( and then all these complications is absurd.

No need to worry, its just that second marriage cases are stcrutinised more. If you submitted enough proof that satisfies the VO of your genuine marriage then he/she might not call you for interview.

We have a separate thread for Pakistan applicants, feel free to connect here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office-t203899.0.html

Lovebird

Apr 15, 2017
Thank you everyone for the replies!

It's just my second marriage abd my last marriage lasted for 1.5 years and there was no Canadian status involved. In my last marriage, the girl was already here but she didn't have any Canadian status. I am paranoid now since everyone is telling me that 2nd marriage cases are scrutinized more. Does it make any difference that I didn't sponsored twice just married twice?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Lovebird said:
Hi guys need your help!

everyone is right big red flags and they will want to know if your marriage is genuine or fake