+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Draw - February 2015

trini_ac

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
. How does a candidate get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence?

Candidates in the pool will be issued an ITA for permanent residence when they:have a job offer supported by an Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from an employer in Canada; orhave a nomination from a province or territory that has an immigration nominee program; orare one of the highest-ranked candidates who qualify for one of the three federal programs under Express Entry.
The above is a quote from cic so I have trouble understanding how any lmia holders could not get an ita cic promised once you had one it would trigger an ita for you so what did they mean by that then or did they just change their minds half way through and do something different from what they promised yet again?

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
rjessome said:
Not everyone who had an LMIA was picked. I have 4 clients with LMIAs that were not picked. Their points were 754, 860, 729 and 832.
Your candidates without those 600 pts would have really struggled to get anything but they might be def. picked up in next round. I am wondering your client who only managed 754....if you deduct 600 for lmia and may be 100 for age then he scored only 186 on other factors such as ielts, education or skills transferability section which is really weird. Do you mind sharing the profile as in which noc they are applying and what is their education, ielts?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
rjessome said:
Not everyone who had an LMIA was picked. I have 4 clients with LMIAs that were not picked. Their points were 754, 860, 729 and 832.
Agree ! Got one missing only a few points

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheesycheese said:
...so, in the short term, without an LMIA you've got no chance.

rjessome, I've only been on this forum for a few days but already, I know your posts are the diamonds in the haystack. ;)

Thank you!
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that. I would also tell everyone to have a little patience. This has only been the first draw! The number of invitations issued will increase in subsequent draw and the points will vary significantly as well. I'm a bit blown away by the fact that ONLY 779 people scored 886 or higher! Looking at Canada's immigration targets for 2015, there is no possible way they will ever meet their numbers if they are only drawing people with LMIAs. I think this could end up being a very good sign to be honest. :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bj291 said:
Your candidates without those 600 pts would have really struggled to get anything but they might be def. picked up in next round. I am wondering your client who only managed 754....if you deduct 600 for lmia and may be 100 for age then he scored only 186 on other factors such as ielts, education or skills transferability section which is really weird. Do you mind sharing the profile as in which noc they are applying and what is their education, ielts?
Sorry, can't share a profile. Confidentiality rules. :D

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
I think this is on expected lines.. And what we are surprised by is the number 779.. Everyone was probably expecting 3-4k invites.. But these numbers are bound to increase ... And when they do, it wont go from 886 to 786 .. But more likely to below 600 .. And by third draw people from 400-500 points should have a good shot ..

Well thats my analysis...

Anyhow.. Does anyone know where and when will the dates for second invite be sent out??

wolfey

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
I think alot people are confused about way they pick people and points , i dont know why though..! it not that they just pick a random number and say this in min points needed, they pick a certain number of people and points go as low as last person.
Like if they picked 5000 people and all these were within 50 points of each other then points would only drop 50 points from what it started, possibly even points could go up but not likely.

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
rjessome said:
Sorry, can't share a profile. Confidentiality rules. :D
Well... My score fluctuates due to one confusion...

I have 3 degrees - B.Sc, B.Ed and M.Sc and following is my ECA result -

1. B.Sc - 3 Years Graduation degree

2. B.Ed - Bachelor in Education

3. M.Sc - 4 Years Graduation degree (In conjunction with B.Sc degree)

Now my question is - In my application under section "Studies", can I select my M.Sc degree (which is mentioned as 4 years graduation according to Canadian degree) as "Two or more degrees.... "?

Your response is much appreciated. Thanks much!

all_the_best

Star Member
May 25, 2012
sachinleo80 said:
Well... My score fluctuates due to one confusion...

I have 3 degrees - B.Sc, B.Ed and M.Sc and following is my ECA result -

1. B.Sc - 3 Years Graduation degree

2. B.Ed - Bachelor in Education

3. M.Sc - 4 Years Graduation degree (In conjunction with B.Sc degree)

Now my question is - In my application under section "Studies", can I select my M.Sc degree (which is mentioned as 4 years graduation according to Canadian degree) as "Two or more degrees.... "?

Your response is much appreciated. Thanks much!

You may refer to this link. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

The key is what is stated as "Canadian Equivalency Summary: "

Clarify with CIC if needed.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
rjessome said:
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that. I would also tell everyone to have a little patience. This has only been the first draw! The number of invitations issued will increase in subsequent draw and the points will vary significantly as well. I'm a bit blown away by the fact that ONLY 779 people scored 886 or higher! Looking at Canada's immigration targets for 2015, there is no possible way they will ever meet their numbers if they are only drawing people with LMIAs. I think this could end up being a very good sign to be honest. :)
I think what some people are forgetting is that the CIC is backlogged with paper applications that go a few years back. They are still processing these and they will count towards the target numbers for immigration each year. I am sure they have enough old paper based applications alone to meet their targets for the next two years. I suspect they are only going to allow a small number of EE applications in until they catch up on the old applications. They are basically slowing the flow of applications without cutting it off completely (this means only letting the best of the best to apply) until they take care of the backlog. I think its more likely to see old application processing times speed up over the next few years but very few people will be given ITA.

I don't want to seem negative but I think its best to be realistic and realize that a new system takes time to work the way it is intended to work. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of ITA is this low for at least a year.

This is a big reason why my BF just sent in his PNP application by paper. He may also create an EE profile but since he doesn't have ECA's and it would take too long to get it (his PNP would expire by the time he got the EAC) so his score would drop significantly. He may still get in with the PNP nomination but I don't think that is even a for sure thing judging by the scores that did make it.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Mbgirlfriend said:
I think what some people are forgetting is that the CIC is backlogged with paper applications that go a few years back. They are still processing these and they will count towards the target numbers for immigration each year. I am sure they have enough old paper based applications alone to meet their targets for the next two years. I suspect they are only going to allow a small number of EE applications in until they catch up on the old applications. They are basically slowing the flow of applications without cutting it off completely (this means only letting the best of the best to apply) until they take care of the backlog. I think its more likely to see old application processing times speed up over the next few years but very few people will be given ITA.

I don't want to seem negative but I think its best to be realistic and realize that a new system takes time to work the way it is intended to work. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of ITA is this low for at least a year.

This is a big reason why my BF just sent in his PNP application by paper. He may also create an EE profile but since he doesn't have ECA's and it would take too long to get it (his PNP would expire by the time he got the EAC) so his score would drop significantly. He may still get in with the PNP nomination but I don't think that is even a for sure thing judging by the scores that did make it.
Exactly, this is one of the top most reasons.

raj veena

Nov 19, 2014
Hello people

I have question I entered the pool last week my score was 361 I am on post graduation work permit and I have job and working in a company for almost One year .But my profile says I don't have Job and register with bank job I don't understand why
So I thought to withdraw from the pool .which I did .
Now I talked to my company they said they will help me apply for Lima ..can I again create a profile and enter the
Pool again