+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Draw - February 2015

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Friends,

It is really disappointing to know that the CIC has kept the cut-off scores really high... However I have got to know that the scores will gradually come down...

Any idea when is the next draw?

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
sachinleo80 said:
Friends,

It is really disappointing to know that the CIC has kept the cut-off scores really high... However I have got to know that the scores will gradually come down...

NO news abt that yet...m really disappointed !! :(

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
sachinleo80 said:
Friends,

Source please..

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sachinleo80 said:
Hmm... Lets hope for the best... I am sure they will reduce the points in February...
How much do they reduce the points you think?
100?200?300?
it's not enough.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Marooned said:
How much do they reduce the points you think?
100?200?300?
it's not enough.
They don't choose the points needed, they choose the number of people they're going to invite, the lowest score among those people's profiles is the 'minimum score'.

It looks like all they did was issue ITAs to all the LMIA holders to get them out of the way, otherwise a number of 779 ITAs is a little random.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
They don't choose the points needed, they choose the number of people they're going to invite, the lowest score among those people's profiles is the 'minimum score'.

It looks like all they did was issue ITAs to all the LMIA holders to get them out of the way, otherwise a number of 779 ITAs is a little random.
All the LMIA holders? but I think many of them will be picked in the next draw.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Marooned said:
All the LMIA holders? but I think many of them will be picked in the next draw.
How? Right now they would all have been removed from the pool since they've been issued ITAs.

It's pretty doubtful that many, many people will be able to get LMIAs before the next draw since it's pretty difficult.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
How? Right now they would all have been removed from the pool since they've been issued ITAs.

It's pretty doubtful that many, many people will be able to get LMIAs before the next draw since it's pretty difficult.
I hope so!
But instead, PNP applicants will come into the pool for the next draws.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:

Not everyone who had an LMIA was picked. I have 4 clients with LMIAs that were not picked. Their points were 754, 860, 729 and 832.

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
doubleym said:

Remember that you still have people who came last year on LMO and which to apply under CEC so they will wait till they 1 year of Canadian experience before getting into the pool, which means that in each draw you will have new LMIA holders

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Not everyone who had an LMIA was picked. I have 4 clients with LMIAs that were not picked. Their points were 754, 860, 729 and 832.
...so, in the short term, without an LMIA you've got no chance.

rjessome, I've only been on this forum for a few days but already, I know your posts are the diamonds in the haystack. ;)

Thank you!

first01

Jan 20, 2015
rjessome said:
If your client with 860 points was not pciked, how does the rank system work then?