Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Forum members,

Any information on 24th Annual Immigration Law Summit 2016? What was discussed and what are the outcomes?

Somewhere on I read on canada visa that IRCC stated at the recent Annual Immigration Law Summit, held in November in Toronto, that program-specific draws may be considered in the future.

Please check on the link - http://www.cicnews.com/2016/12/pnp-specific-express-entry-draw-provides-optimism-128728.html

Thank you,
Pawshi

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Pawshi said:
Forum members,

Any information on 24th Annual Immigration Law Summit 2016? What was discussed and what are the outcomes?

Somewhere on I read on canada visa that IRCC stated at the recent Annual Immigration Law Summit, held in November in Toronto, that program-specific draws may be considered in the future.

Please check on the link - http://www.cicnews.com/2016/12/pnp-specific-express-entry-draw-provides-optimism-128728.html

Thank you,
Pawshi
I am saying from ages that CIC wants the scores to go down and this is the right way to get it down by doing program specific draw.

Like 2500 ITAs for FSW in one draw a month 2500 for CEC and 1000 for PNPs. In this way the scores will go down and system will remain fairer.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
I am saying from ages that CIC wants the scores to go down and this is the right way to get it down by doing program specific draw.

Like 2500 ITAs for FSW in one draw a month 2500 for CEC and 1000 for PNPs. In this way the scores will go down and system will remain fairer.
I hope that happens. Any official communication regarding strategy/plan next?

Saskatchewan_Regina

Mar 3, 2016
There are very useful information in that conference, such as the ‘snapshot’ from the pool as of October 3, 2016; however, the information/data are not available to the public.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:

Why would CIC even want the score to go down? the higher the CRS is, the better quality the candidates are which is good for Canada.

They only made recent changes for CEC because of the pressure of the Canadian education sector. A specific draw for each stream will benefit only the cream of the crop, in the case of FSW, inland FSW will definitely have a significant benefit over outland FSW, as they have more points for Canadian work exp.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Why would CIC even want the score to go down? the higher the CRS is, the better quality the candidates are which is good for Canada.

They only made recent changes for CEC because of the pressure of the Canadian education sector. A specific draw for each stream will benefit only the cream of the crop, in the case of FSW, inland FSW will definitely have a significant benefit over outland FSW, as they have more points for Canadian work exp.
You can go and check the official report of CIC in the report CIC mentioned that the stakeholders want the scores to go down it is a point to improve on.

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Alexios07 said:

D u think you are the top of the applicants?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
You can go and check the official report of CIC in the report CIC mentioned that the stakeholders want the scores to go down it is a point to improve on.
Which report? and which stakeholders? score go down for CEC or everyone?

Alex0924 said:
D u think you are the top of the applicants?
Irrelevant question.

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Alexios07 said:

Irrelevant question.
It seems that you agree CIC keep INTAKE points high because of better quality? If you think so it is so naive. The applicant who has high crs doesn't mean they are good choice for Canadian benefit.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex0924 said:
It seems that you agree CIC keep INTAKE points high because of better quality? If you think so it is so naive. The applicant who has high crs doesn't mean they are good choice for Canadian benefit.
Human capital factors high, not LMIA high. Could you elaborate why I am naive? Based on my simple math, a CEC applicant with 490 CRS is obviously better than one with 400 CRS.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
fatani said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-year-end-2015.asp

If this is the report you are referring to, I don't see it mentioned. Correct if I'm wrong

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Alexios07 said:

Irrelevant question.

https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf

Look at this report it is Refocusing Express Entry report of May 2016, in this it is clearly stated that in 1.5 yrs of EE the biggest flaw of EE is that the scores has not gone below 450. Stakeholders of EE are concerned that scores are not going down and it is clearly stated that "THIS IS THE POINT TO IMPROVE ON". Further in this report it is stated that by cutting the points of LMIAs It will make huge "DOWNWARD PRESSURE ON SCORES".

All these above mentioned things are not said by me it is in the report for everyone to see IRCC also understand the fact that scores are not going down. If IRCC in this report says that scores are not dropping it clearly means they have made these changes in the view of getting the scores down.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Human capital factors high, not LMIA high. Could you elaborate why I am naive? Based on my simple math, a CEC applicant with 490 CRS is obviously better than one with 400 CRS.
Look at the report alexios07 In the points to improve on section it is written that people with low core human capital i.e.300 points are going in because of job offers and high human capital i.e 400+ points holders are suffering because of them the scores have not gone down below 450. IRCC wants to cut those points which they have already done to put the downward pressure on scores. And in the last you can see that in long term Human capital will matter the most like Age, Education, Language etc there bubbles are big.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
mf4361 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-year-end-2015.asp

If this is the report you are referring to, I don't see it mentioned. Correct if I'm wrong
Not EE year end report. Look at the link I have posted above.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no stakeholders. Canada is not some kind of company where you can buy shares of. There are only elected PPM or other responsible positions which were nominated by elected government of Canada.

So at the very end it comes to the wishes of the majority of the voters. And that majority wants most of the time prosperous country, which comes in turn down to the Money income against Money expenses.
As Canada is getting older, they need to import fresh workers. But as the demand is so high they do have the right to choose. With that said they can sell the whole immigration offer as a business where you need to secure most points in order to be able to immigrate.
So they push on anybody that is not close to perfection and at the same time offering the ways how to increase those points.
And the most effective are to come to work canada on LMIA extempt (which creates more Money from taxes from those people) and ofcourse come to study in Canda.
With studying you will pay 20k+ for studies, then you get PGWP to catch up for that Money but all and all that will kind of lock you with Canada as with the place of preference to immigrate. Hence the big points reward.

So as long as there will be enough people willing to invest time and Money to increase their points, there is no need to decrease CRS score (this is so called seller market, where Canada is "selling" the right to immigrate).

In reality the difference between somebody with 330 points and 450 is little to non existant (both can have bachelor degree, 6+ years of experience and very good 1 language), it is just that one was maybe studying in Canada with 1 year of canadian work experience after and was repeating IELTS in order to get the magical 4x9 cbl. The other one has studied in his country and has plenty of work experience, but he just so happens to be older and missed in one language score the needed CBL 9.
In work process in itself there will be very little difference between performance of these 2 candidates. (the FSW can have first 3 to 6 months slower start but then he or she catches up).

But the main difference for Canada is, that the first one already brought in more Money than the second one.
That is the reality.
So the talks about score dropping down (especially under 400) are more like mercifull lies to keep different candidates interested. Sooner or later most will find out how the realiy Works and they will either let Canada dream be or they will hunt more points.
As simple as that.