2173 vs 2283

patN

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THE AGENTS BLINDLY. STICK TO THE FACTS INSTEAD.

If there is no relevance of NOC then why would it be asked while filling the work history?

I have opted for 2173 as 80% of my roles and responsibilities matches with it. I have software development, requirement gathering/analysis and project management experience.

As far as I know software testers cannot be under 2173. If someone has still opted and sailed through that doesn't mean that others will too.

Demand for each NOC that are related to software prevails in Ontario and BC. So don't think that only 2173 is having the highest demand. Also, if there are more candidates under 2173 then probability of getting selected will be less compared to other NOC's.

What if your application gets rejected because of wrong NOC? You can't argue that as one of my friend did the same and got through, I too tried the same.

arupengr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Doc's Request.
TBD
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
IELTS Request
NA
Thanks for your reply.
I will rethink to change it

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Me too manual tester with test management exp, i'm planning to apply under 2283
Hi there,

I know its very old thread, but my situation matches with yours'. I am Automation Software testing professional, I applied under 2283-B category, I received ITA and we applied for PR. But we didn't hear anything back from IRCC yet, however people applied in Category A NOC codes already get their Passport Request mails. I am wondering does NOC code really matter with processing time of PR application? Could you please throw your experience here? Thanks in advance.

titantango34

Oct 12, 2017
I am on the same boat and I have some questions. I would highly appreciate if someone can break it down for me.

1) After submitting profile, Can I change my NOC code?

2) I have BE 4 year degree in CS. I am working as test engineer. I see 2173 has software test engineer job title however 2283 is totally about testing. my question is as I have profession degree, should I go for 2173 instead of 2283? Currently, 2283 is on lower list B which can be further degraded to C or D in future(means not in high skilled job list). what you guys think?

3) Can someone please provide me the work experience template for both JOB codes 2173 and 2283(for testing roles and respons) ?

Appreciate your quick response!! :)

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I am on the same boat and I have some questions. I would highly appreciate if someone can break it down for me.

1) After submitting profile, Can I change my NOC code?

2) I have BE 4 year degree in CS. I am working as test engineer. I see 2173 has software test engineer job title however 2283 is totally about testing. my question is as I have profession degree, should I go for 2173 instead of 2283? Currently, 2283 is on lower list B which can be further degraded to C or D in future(means not in high skilled job list). what you guys think?

3) Can someone please provide me the work experience template for both JOB codes 2173 and 2283(for testing roles and respons) ?

Appreciate your quick response!! :)
Go through the NOC roles and responsibilities very carefully and decide which NOC accurately describes your line of work. Even if your actual NOC is in Category B, it does not however give you any right to choose a NOC which is not in-line with what you do. And as far as I know and to the best of my knowledge. the CA PR process does not have any connection to NOCs people select.

Misleading the CIC will have severe consequences so please be very diligent while submitting your PR App. Good luck.

Raba

Jun 26, 2018
Hello Guys,
I applied for Quebec Aug-2016 intake under NOC-2173.
I put my NOC “2173 - Software engineers and designers” when I submitted my application. But later on, I came to know that NOC “2283 - Information systems testing technicians” is more appropriate with my job responsibility.

Q1: Can I change my NOC when application is available to modify?
Q2: Will Quebec ask me question If I change my NOC later?

Bachelor: Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
Job experience: Test Engineer, Test lead and Deputy Test Manager
Total Exp: 10 years in Software testing

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2283&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2173&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

TIA.

Arup,
Hi ,

Please could let me know what you did .Did u change your NOC .Iam also facing the same problem.
Thanks

Sidhu573

Dec 15, 2018
Hi All,
My last Designation was: Test Engineering Senior Analyst.
R&R as follows:
what is my suitable NOC?

1. 2171( Y-Axis told me but I doubt if it is correct)
2. 2173( I shortlisted)
3. 2283( I shortlisted)

· Studying deployment needs, requirement analysis and discussion with relevant stakeholders/teams to further plan and implement the Test Suite for maintaining overall quality of software deployments.

· Identifying test conditions and creating test designs, test cases, test procedure specifications and test data, prioritize test cases.

· Suggest procedures for continuous improvement in delivery and test practices.

· Execute and log the tests, evaluate the results and document the problems found while also making relevant suggestions for removing the inaccuracies in adherence to client requirements.

· Run production sniff scenarios for ensuring overall reliability of software product before releasing it to Client.

· Conduct presentations/sessions for testing teams.

· Participation in walkthroughs of software testing procedures or practices, team meetings, Client interactions for feedback

Please reply as I dont want to waste money ny applying through agents and Y axis told be NOC: 2171 which I really doubt.

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
@Here, please some one give me some idea. I hold a Bachelor in computer applications + Masters in Computer applications (6 years total) and I have 12+ years of work experience working on different positions involved with core test automation and manual testing. Mainly - Requirement analysis, scope identification, identification of scenarios, review sessions, refinement of stories, automation using java, BDD, Oracle and Selenium, Test planning, scheduling, reporting, test sign offs, Defect management, CI/CD - deployment support. I feel 2173 is suited for me BUT provinces say that this NOC is regulated. I checked with the licensing societies and they said that they only evaluate engineering courses. Mine is not engineering. I am in confusion. Someone please guide from their experience similar to mine. Thanks

Reactions: browngirl17

vabforu

Jan 4, 2020
Hi, I am software tester and want to know whether i should select 2173 OR 2283 NOC? Can someone help me. Its important need.

browngirl17

Dec 12, 2021
Hello Guys,
I applied for Quebec Aug-2016 intake under NOC-2173.
I put my NOC “2173 - Software engineers and designers” when I submitted my application. But later on, I came to know that NOC “2283 - Information systems testing technicians” is more appropriate with my job responsibility.

Q1: Can I change my NOC when application is available to modify?
Q2: Will Quebec ask me question If I change my NOC later?

Bachelor: Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
Job experience: Test Engineer, Test lead and Deputy Test Manager
Total Exp: 10 years in Software testing

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2283&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2173&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

TIA.

Arup,
Hi , what NOC did u finally choose ? did it help ?