+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2173, 2174 Confusion and bad situation!!!

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Guys i just came to know that 2173 is regulated profession in Canada.
But i applied for OINP with 2173. Will it affect my application ? what can be done regarding this ?

Reactions: astraldust

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Do not panic. You are okay. You will be considered for the PR with your ECA for this profession's education. However once you get the PR you can not work in that NOC profession unless you have received a license from the regulatory authorities, which can be done when you arrive in Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
thatguy56 said:
Do not panic. You are okay. You will be considered for the PR with your ECA for this profession's education. However once you get the PR you can not work in that NOC profession unless you have received a license from the regulatory authorities, which can be done when you arrive in Canada.
Seconded and +1.

I have seen a few people who are going bonkers after they discover that 2173 is regulated. They also go for NOC 2174 even when their roles are responsibilities seem to be inclined to 2173. By doing this, they are taking the risk of a mismatch and eventually, a rejection from CIC. People need to be ensured that choosing a NOC that is regulated is perfectly okay as long as they are also aware that once they land in Canada, they have to get their license before working in that regulated occupation.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
+ 1 for both of you :) Thanks
I could not understand about getting license. while applying for jobs ll i need to tell my NOC ?
do companies check with which NOC i landed in Canada ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cjs said:
+ 1 for both of you :) Thanks
I could not understand about getting license. while applying for jobs ll i need to tell my NOC ?
do companies check with which NOC i landed in Canada ?
Its not like that.

If you have applied under 2173 but you are working in an occupation that is classified as 2174, you don't have to have a license. For instance, you applied as a "Software Engineer" (regulated) but you end up working as an "Applications Developer" (non-regulated), you do NOT need license. But if you want to work as a "Software Engineer", then you need to get licensed.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Its not like that.

If you have applied under 2173 but you are working in an occupation that is classified as 2174, you don't have to have a license. For instance, you applied as a "Software Engineer" (regulated) but you end up working as an "Applications Developer" (non-regulated), you do NOT need license. But if you want to work as a "Software Engineer", then you need to get licensed.
thanks Rajkamamohanram. So it is on my which profession i choose there. I believe people working for MNCs do not need these licenses. Will keep my noc 2173 only because my work is more inclined towards it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cjs said:
thanks Rajkamamohanram. So it is on my which profession i choose there. I believe people working for MNCs do not need these licenses. Will keep my noc 2173 only because my work is more inclined towards it.
Nobody is exempt from this, IMO. If the roles of your occupation matches that of a regulated occupation, your employer will demand a license. It is illegal to work in a regulated occupation without possessing a valid license.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Found something at this link : http://www.cicic.ca/938/Software_engineers_and_designers.canada?id=205

If you work under the direct supervision of licensed professional engineers, note that the use of one of the reserved titles is not required in order to practise anywhere in Canada, and therefore, certification is voluntary.

which means if company for which u am working is licensed then i do not need to have this :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cjs said:
Found something at this link : http://www.cicic.ca/938/Software_engineers_and_designers.canada?id=205

If you work under the direct supervision of licensed professional engineers, note that the use of one of the reserved titles is not required in order to practise anywhere in Canada, and therefore, certification is voluntary.

which means if company for which u am working is licensed then i do not need to have this :)
Oh cool! Thanks for sharing the info! +1