+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
I just got an acknowledgement mail with a G number and UCI for my spouse (back home) but I have not gotten my permanent application number that starts with G.

Please guys, is this how it works?
You should normally receive your own application number/AOR after IRCC has processed your application for completeness. If I’m not mistaken, the overseas dependant received their G-number about a year after the principal applicant submitted the PR application
 
You should normally receive your own application number/AOR after IRCC has processed your application for completeness. If I’m not mistaken, the overseas dependant received their G-number about a year after the principal applicant submitted the PR application
We applied together. Me (primary applicant) and son (here in Canada with me) and spouse (back home)

Application was submitted April 2nd, 2026
I got temporary application number June 11
Spouse got permanent G number October 8