Am a dependent we applied march 2024 got eligibility last yr Oct and pre arrival since then nothing .we taking it one day at a time.i pray we get something soon
CongratulationsI applied for PR as protected person in Feb 2024, got approved in June 2026, received my PR card yesterday. Family abroad did medical last week.
I would suggest asking your wife to call IRCC to query whats happening on your application or send a web form. Also, I noticed you have no mentions of prearrival letter or medical request which would suggest that eligibility letter has not been given to as yet. Normally after eligibility is passed - your given prearrival letter and later .medical request.Hi everyone,
I hope you’re doing well.
I’m currently in the DR2 Centralized Concurrent Processing Program and would appreciate hearing from anyone with a similar timeline or experience.
I live in the UK, while my wife lives in Canada as a protected person. We got married in August 2025, and she added me to her PR application, which was originally submitted in May 2024. We informed IRCC about our marriage immediately, and they asked us to submit the standard forms.
In October 2025, we received the DR2 checklist, which we submitted in November 2025. My wife was also asked to update her Additional Family Information form to include me.
In January 2026, she received her PAL, followed shortly by P1. She responded to P1 and received P2 about two weeks later. However, she was outside Canada at the time, visiting me in the UK, so she could not respond immediately. We informed IRCC about her travel. She eventually became a permanent resident in April 2026 and received her PR card in May 2026.
For my part, on the same day she received her first P2, I received an additional document request in February 2026. Up until then, all requests had come from CPC Mississauga, but this request came from the London Visa Office. They asked for my police certificate, photos, and additional relationship evidence. We submitted everything at the end of March 2026.
About two weeks later, I received a biometrics instruction letter and completed biometrics the following day. I then received my PAL in mid-May 2026, but there have been no updates since then.
I also applied for a TRV, but it was refused.
I understand that timelines vary, but I am concerned because I have not seen many DR2 cases being finalized quickly. The processing time for dependants of protected persons is now showing around 40 months, which increased from last month, while the processing time for protected persons has dropped to 13 months. IRCC notes that these figures are estimates rather than guarantees, and individual applications can take longer.
If anyone has completed the DR2 centralized concurrent process, particularly as an overseas spouse/dependant, I would be very grateful if you could share your timeline. It would be really helpful.
I did received pre arrival letter on mid May 2026 but no update since then. I am waiting for Medical request and Passport request.I would suggest asking your wife to call IRCC to query whats happening on your application or send a web form. Also, I noticed you have no mentions of prearrival letter or medical request which would suggest that eligibility letter has not been given to as yet. Normally after eligibility is passed - your given prearrival letter and later .medical request.
Well, you did past eligibility then, assumed background, security checks are still being done but do call IRCC or send a webformI did received pre arrival letter on mid May 2026 but no update since then. I am waiting for Medical request and Passport request.
I did received pre arrival letter on mid May 2026 but no update since then. I am waiting for Medical request and Passport request.
Well, you did past eligibility then, assumed background, security checks are still being done but do call IRCC or send a webform
You’re absolutely right, cuz. An August 2024 applicant has already received their PR card. Hopefully, we’ll see more 2024 applicants getting their approvals and PR cards soon.GM All, Based on our review of 2024 PR application timelines, I am hopeful that applicants who submitted their PR applications during 2024, particularly between January and July 2024, will begin receiving responses from IRCC soon. For many cases, there appears to be only one to two months remaining within the current processing timeframe. Let us keep our fingers crossed and hope for positive updates in the coming weeks.
Wow, I think you should comply with everything IRCC has requested and make sure all your updated documents are in order. Since they have specifically requested additional evidence of the relationship and an interview, I would prepare thoroughly for questions about you, your wife, and your relationship, and make sure your answers are truthful and consistent with the information you previously provided in your application.Hi guys,
I have an update. IRCC sent me an interview request for about a month from now. They said they want to make sure I’m admissible to Canada through the PR application category I applied under. They’ve also asked me to send additional marriage and honeymoon photos with family members, if I haven’t already provided them, as well as updated police certificates and updated immigration forms.
The interview is only for me, and they said they may ask for my wife’s phone number if they need to speak to her.
I’m a bit confused about why they’re asking for updated police certificates from all the districts/areas I’ve lived in before. I understand if they want an updated police certificate for my current place of residence, but for places I’ve already left, I don’t understand what would change on the certificate.
Is this a generic request they send out as part of the process, or is it something specific to my application?
Hi guys,
I have an update. IRCC sent me an interview request for about a month from now. They said they want to make sure I’m admissible to Canada through the PR application category I applied under. They’ve also asked me to send additional marriage and honeymoon photos with family members, if I haven’t already provided them, as well as updated police certificates and updated immigration forms.
The interview is only for me, and they said they may ask for my wife’s phone number if they need to speak to her.
I’m a bit confused about why they’re asking for updated police certificates from all the districts/areas I’ve lived in before. I understand if they want an updated police certificate for my current place of residence, but for places I’ve already left, I don’t understand what would change on the certificate.
Is this a generic request they send out as part of the process, or is it something specific to my application?
IRCC can request additional or updated police certificates during processing if the officer needs them to complete the admissibility/background assessment. IRCC says an interview may be arranged to verify or expand on information provided in the application. I would take the request seriously and provide everything they ask for within the deadline. I would also consider consulting an immigration lawyer before the interview, particularly if there are any discrepancies or complicated issues in your previous immigration history.Hi guys,
I have an update. IRCC sent me an interview request for about a month from now. They said they want to make sure I’m admissible to Canada through the PR application category I applied under. They’ve also asked me to send additional marriage and honeymoon photos with family members, if I haven’t already provided them, as well as updated police certificates and updated immigration forms.
The interview is only for me, and they said they may ask for my wife’s phone number if they need to speak to her.
I’m a bit confused about why they’re asking for updated police certificates from all the districts/areas I’ve lived in before. I understand if they want an updated police certificate for my current place of residence, but for places I’ve already left, I don’t understand what would change on the certificate.
Is this a generic request they send out as part of the process, or is it something specific to my application?
