+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I and my family finally got our PR card after 4 years of application. Now my question is how long should I wait before i apply for citizen.

Reactions: Melsi

igorbtk

Mar 4, 2024
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
Hi guys.
I received yesterday my GCMS notes.
I share them with you:

Elegibility: Not started
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org. Crime:
Medical: Passed-Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: In progress
Other request:
Final:

Primariy office: Mississauga
Secondary office: OSC Operations Support Center

According with your experience, how far am I?
I applied on August 10 , 2023 and gave my bio on Nov 10, 2023. My province is Alberta.

Thanks for your kind cmments.
how long you’re waited notes?

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
I and my family finally got our PR card after 4 years of application. Now my question is how long should I wait before i apply for citizen.
  • Days as an authorized temporary resident protected person before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day (up to a maximum of 365 days);
  • Each day you were physically present in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day

If you've been in Canada througout before getting your PR: you'll need about 2 years after getting PR to apply for citizenship

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Hello Fam, I got a mail from IRCC that read ..” your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation of your permanent residence status. You will complete this process through the permanent resident portal ( Pr confirmation)

please provide the following information within 7days…….” “
Name as it appears on passport
Height in centimeters
Eye color
UCI…..”

what is this letter and how long will take for them to setup the portal for me…

Kindly advise

thank you guys
Congratulations
Please share your time line

novakul

Star Member
Feb 3, 2024
It takes long time. Most Of cases, I think takes between 1-2 years. But not less than that. If You live in Quebec could be longer. We have Crossed fingers, hoping the processing times Will be improving in this year.
Good luck!!
My representative address is from Quebec and when I got aor it’s shows Quebec address , but I live in Ontario and my file processing centre VO Mississauga. , I’m confused I am living in Ontario and my address is Quebec

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
My representative address is from Quebec and when I got aor it’s shows Quebec address , but I live in Ontario and my file processing centre VO Mississauga. , I’m confused I am living in Ontario and my address is Quebec
your mailing address? you need to change it asap with ircc