+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Hi ,
Congratulations.
Did request further information when u received Eligibility letter?
They didn't ask for additional documents. In the letter it says,

"Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements
for becoming a permanent resident have been met."

I have no remaining requirements so just waiting for IRCC :)

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hi guys, I wanted to update my timeline, I received pre arrival letter Feb 8, 2024. They also removed medicals info in the status, not sure why.

Submitted online on Feb 22, 2023

AOR on Jul 26, 2023.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Anyone else got updates too?
Because your medical is expired and they request a reassessment to the Ottawa office, if the previous IME is still acceptable then they decide to extend the extra 12 months. the same thing happened to my file too. My GCMS notes show my medical was extended by 12 months.

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
My GCMS notes show my pre-assessment eligibility(all provided ID docs revived) and admissibility(PCC and RCMP checks done, biometric on file, info sharing completed, medical extended 12 months) are completed, exempt security. Ready for the CPA review. I hope I will get news soon from them.
How long it takes to receive GCMS notes? I requested mine on Jan 29 and still no news.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Because your medical is expired and they request a reassessment to the Ottawa office, if the previous IME is still acceptable then they decide to extend the extra 12 months. the same thing happened to my file too. My GCMS notes show my medical was extended by 12 months.
Oh I see, it takes them two years to process PRs so medicals wouldn't be valid to the end so they should extend them for everyone

San12

Mar 11, 2023
My GCMS notes show my pre-assessment eligibility(all provided ID docs revived) and admissibility(PCC and RCMP checks done, biometric on file, info sharing completed, medical extended 12 months) are completed, exempt security. Ready for the CPA review. I hope I will get news soon from them.
Was this information sent by email or to your Gckey account. Thanks

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
What is the difference between g and gx numbers? And is the biometric necessary nowadays? They should have my biometrics.

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
What is the difference between g and gx numbers? And is the biometric necessary nowadays? They should have my biometrics.
XG is temporary which means they really havent started working on the application yet. Very soon after you get XG number, you will receive G number which is permenant and allows you to link your application!

Reactions: moref1988

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Hi everyone,

Should i request GCMS notes? I just gave my biometrics and police certificate is requested. Not very clear on when to ask for GCMS notes.. thanks:)

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
XG is temporary which means they really havent started working on the application yet. Very soon after you get XG number, you will receive G number which is permenant and allows you to link your application!
Thanks for information. My friend got directly g number and biometric request. Is it normal? And Should I wait for g or xg? And what is AOR?

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Thanks for information. My friend got directly g number and biometric request. Is it normal? And Should I wait for g or xg? And what is AOR?
Yes its perfectly normal. I myself received XG number first and then they sent me G number with Biometrics letter + Police certiifcate request after a month. So dont worry about it, if anything it is a good thing that they send you this temporary number (makes me feel like they havent forgotten about my application because sometimes they can really ghost you for months without any updates)

Reactions: moref1988