+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hi guy when IRCC make a decision on PR do they send the content of the decision to the applicant? Because recently I saw that decision has been meant on my case and I get pre arrive notice. And my lawyer was asking me about the content of the decision but I have nothing.
What’s your complete timeline ?? Did you linked your application to your account?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Which provice you live? Did you have dependents? Do you know why it took you so long? How long it took to get AOR after you applied ?
I live Alberta, yes I have dependants.and the reason they have for delay was Covid-19. But I think they miss place my files because it until I filed for Mandamus that they started working on my files again.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I live Alberta, yes I have dependants.and the reason they have for delay was Covid-19. But I think they miss place my files because it until I filed for Mandamus that they started working on my files again.
I think people who filed pr in 2020 in the covid times are now getting pr which took 4 years on a average for everyone this is leading to increase in pr time but people who files pr in 2022 are getting it within 2 years so i think we should not worry about increased time because it is inflated by pr filled in covid times

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I think people who filed pr in 2020 in the covid times are now getting pr which took 4 years on a average for everyone this is leading to increase in pr time but people who files pr in 2022 are getting it within 2 years so i think we should not worry about increased time because it is inflated by pr filled in covid times
I just think all this is based on the person working on your case if one is lucky things goes quickly otherwise the case manager will use the file to drink coffee.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I just think all this is based on the person working on your case if one is lucky things goes quickly otherwise the case manager will use the file to drink coffee.
Yes it is dependent on luck but 4 months ago the processing time came down from 25 months to 22 months so what i think it is because of applications of covid times which are getting finalised now

Arank

Dec 26, 2023
1. Applied for a refugee claim in mid-2018
2. First hearing in 2020 and received a negative NOD after 6 months in September 2020.
3. Appealed in October 2020 and RAD allowed the appeal in FEB 2021 but referred back to RPD for a second hearing.
4. Had a hearing in December 2022, and received a positive NOD in Jan 2023.
5. PR submitted Online Jan 2023.
6. AOR received in June 2023.
7. Application linked to GC account July 2023.