+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Habiba jannat

Sep 18, 2023
Yesterday I got this email says -

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process. At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

Note: I send a web form regarding my Application last month.

prasanna_121

Oct 3, 2023
There is no way for your MP to request quick processing. There is no expedited processing for protected people in Canada applying for PR. Most protected people are anxious to reunite with spouses and children but most will have to wait 2+ years for their families to join them in Canada.
I agreed , - I am waiting since September 2021 - my file still pending in my local office - I tried wiht theMP , but did not happen anything

Reactions: Ezekieljane

Adnanjaved123

Sep 1, 2023
Hi,
I applied on sep 16 2023 for asylum in Ontario.
I received medical request & AOC on sep 18 2023 & I have done medical on sep 29 but after that no update received.
Please guide me What is the next process till work permit & how much time they will take ??
Thanks is advance.

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
i did not, they use the medical info of refugee application if you are inside Canada
Did you apply PR yourself or you have representative?
Can I connect my file to GC account because I have representative. My representative told me if I connect my file to GC key account then my representative won't receive any updates on my file.
ECAS system not working in my file.
then where can I get updates about my application. Please suggest

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Yesterday I got this email says -

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process. At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

Note: I send a web form regarding my Application last month.
Can you tell me when did you applied for your pr ?

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi,
I applied on sep 16 2023 for asylum in Ontario.
I received medical request & AOC on sep 18 2023 & I have done medical on sep 29 but after that no update received.
Please guide me What is the next process till work permit & how much time they will take ??
Thanks is advance.
Next step is probably the eligibility interview where you get the Refugee ID paper. On this interview they will confirm if you want to apply for Work permit and/or Study permit. Some people got their work permit after 1-6 months and some hade to apply for WP again separately. If you didn't get it after a couple months then I recommend applying a new WP application.

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
Hello all, I want to apply for PR online, all is fine except one form -
IMM 0008 SCH14 (required) Schedule 14: Protected Persons and Convention Refugees
I am unable to sign this form even if I have Adobe 8 as it’s required. Did someone else have the same issue?

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Hello all, I want to apply for PR online, all is fine except one form -
IMM 0008 SCH14 (required)Schedule 14: Protected Persons and Convention Refugees
I am unable to sign this form even if I have Adobe 8 as it’s required. Did someone else have the same issue?
I had the same issue. I filled it online and printed it and signed and then scanned the copy to upload online., Hope it works like this because it just didnt let me sign anywhere online :/

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Hello Friends,
Can we apply PR from our electronic hearing decision letter? I still haven't received my physical decision letter but already received my electronic decision letter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
yes you can. You dont need physicial copy as its the same letter

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
how is everyone seeing medical and background check? I only see "submitted" and can only download my application on the PR site. Is this normal? I submitted 2-3 days ago

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
how is everyone seeing medical and background check? I only see "submitted" and can only download my application on the PR site. Is this normal? I submitted 2-3 days ago
You won't see any updates from the portal where you filled the PR Application. When you get the AOR then you can see updates from GCKey account.