+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
When you call them you can tell I want to check my application status. I have not received any file number. They will check and offer you to give the number. Note it. You won’t be able for link. When they start processing your application they will remove X and your number will be starting with G. And you can link your application.
thanx brother for yr response i will call them please update me whenever u receive anything from ircc i will also keep everyone updated

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Meplusyou

Aug 7, 2022
You can call IRCC. I submitted my pr application a few days after yours. I called them a few weeks ago and they gave to me temporary file number starting with X.
Hi, I am writing out of experience, once you receive the temporary number stating with "XG" remove the "X" and check your application online with the "G" because that is always your case number. This post will also help many people here who have received the temporary application number "aka" XG NUMBER.

I have given this response on another forum and it helped many to tracking their applications day by day.

if you want to know how many percentage % or remaining time your application is going to take create an account on "gckey" and link your application without the "X" for those with "XG".

I was once like you guys, checking every day for 2 years. Yes every day.

Citizenship day counting after the stress of PR application.

I am a silence reader on many forums sharing my experience and that of friends who were in same situation years back.

Good luck!

Meplusyou

Aug 7, 2022
Hey guys, how are you, there is progress from my file. On July 10, IRCC was send my PR temporary number (XG0000***) was to my email spam box.
I submitted my online protected person pr application on March 10, 2023.
After how long do you think they will send me my permanent application number and AOR letter?
Hi, You should be able to check your application if you remove the "X " and check your application stating with the "G" and the numbers. That will be your application number. Try to link your application to gckey in other to get real time extimation on your application.

Good luck!

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hi, I am writing out of experience, once you receive the temporary number stating with "XG" remove the "X" and check your application online with the "G" because that is always your case number. This post will also help many people here who have received the temporary application number "aka" XG NUMBER.

I have given this response on another forum and it helped many to tracking their applications day by day.

if you want to know how many percentage % or remaining time your application is going to take create an account on "gckey" and link your application without the "X" for those with "XG".

I am a silence reader on many forums sharing my experience and that of friends who were in same situation years back.

Good luck!
Thanks for information.
After how many months I can get my XG number I applied 2 weeks back? Any idea?

Meplusyou

Aug 7, 2022
Thanks for information.
After how many months I can get my XG number I applied 2 weeks back? Any idea?
Hi, I'll say give it 2-3 months from the date of application. After which if you don't receive it call IRCC office they will give your file number starting with XG. Remember if you remove the letter "X" your application number is the rest. example G123233222

Good luck!

Reactions: Shiny12

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other

Good luck!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Unfortunately this doesn't work for everyone, it didn't work for me, not sure why works for some and doesn't for others.

Reactions: Sphinx13

Meplusyou

Aug 7, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience. Unfortunately this doesn't work for everyone, it didn't work for me, not sure why works for some and doesn't for others.
[/QUOTES
Hi, keeping trying I have seen people who successfully viewed their applications after many times. However verify your information are correct before clicking summit.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

Good luck!
Hi. Thank you so much for the all information. It’s really helpful. The agent from Ircc told me the same thing. Remove the X and you can link. But not now. When they start processing your application they will remove X and send you an email. So I tried many times but I couldn’t link like he said to me. Thank you.

Sphinx13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Just a little update, today I was able to link my application to my IRCC (aka GC) account after receiving my G-number almost 2 months ago, the Client Application Status Tool still doesn't show my application.