+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

debaku

Jul 17, 2019
Hello,

I am asking for your help here. If a married couple was just approved as protected person in Canada which document they apply for now. application for pr card or application for permanent residence. They have been in Canada for 1 year. And want to know which application they have to fill out. Also when they can apply for refugee travel document? Thanks a lot!

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello,

I am asking for your help here. If a married couple was just approved as protected person in Canada which document they apply for now. application for pr card or application for permanent residence. They have been in Canada for 1 year. And want to know which application they have to fill out. Also when they can apply for refugee travel document? Thanks a lot!
Congrats, you need to apply for Permanent Residency application. And for refugee travel document you can apply for it now. You can also check this link for more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians.html

Sphinx13

Mar 15, 2020
Submitted my application in January 2023 (online)(Protected Person inside Canada). Still haven't received AOR. Sent a Web form today, let's see if they will give any update or not.

P.S: Please post your questions in relevant threads or create new ones if the topic is not yet available. This helps maintain organization and ensures that discussions stay focused and members can find relevant information quickly.
So I received a response today, they gave me an application number starting with -G, and they just confirmed that my application was received on XX-01-23 and nothing else.

Reactions: Melsi

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Good, they are starting to process after 5 months now.
Nobody can predict as they contacted me after 4 months and asked for documents and after 2 months again asked for papers and sent me xg number but nothing on ecas nor able to link the account so I think processing has not started yet. Still, they did contact me 2 times so far in 6 months.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Nobody can predict as they contacted me after 4 months and asked for documents and after 2 months again asked for papers and sent me xg number but nothing on ecas nor able to link the account so I think processing has not started yet. Still, they did contact me 2 times so far in 6 months.
Everything with IRCC is about luck. I have had different applications with them so far and all of those people I have seen applying for different applications each of them got different timelines from the other person. There are people who got their PR approved in less than 6 months, and there are people with 28 months of waiting.

Reactions: Sphinx13

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hello people, my name is Jason.

I got my "eligibility passed" letter from IRCC in Canada nine days ago, and two days after that, I got a "pre-arrival letter."

I applied for my permanent residence under the protected person class, and I also have a representative for my application. I would like to know how long it will take now. And what would be the next steps? Please, if anyone has any experience with this reply to my post, I will be very grateful.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello people, my name is Jason.

I got my "eligibility passed" letter from IRCC in Canada nine days ago, and two days after that, I got a "pre-arrival letter."

I applied for my permanent residence under the protected person class, and I also have a representative for my application. I would like to know how long it will take now. And what would be the next steps? Please, if anyone has any experience with this reply to my post, I will be very grateful.
When did you apply?