+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Maxnajafi

Feb 19, 2024
Hi There,
I can't link my application , i tried 10 times all the ways but it failed
my time line is :
25 May 2023 mail my application
First of december got my confirmation
mediacal has been recieved
after that no news till now...

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
If Any one knows about biometrics? I'm march applicant but i didn't do biometrics i see new pr application after months received biometrics instructions? Could you please give me some information about?

Reactions: himankkohli6

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
If Any one knows about biometrics? I'm march applicant but i didn't do biometrics i see new pr application after months received biometrics instructions? Could you please give me some information about?
Protected persons and their dependents who apply for permanent residence on or after June 14, 2023, will be required to submit biometrics as per regular procedures, unless otherwise exempt.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/protected-persons/stage-2-admissibility.html#biometrics

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Can you please share your gckey notes? I am also a March 10 2023 applicant.
For sure but since i linked my GCKey account nothing changed, what about your time line?

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been Made

Reactions: himankkohli6

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
For sure but since i linked my GCKey account nothing changed, what about your time line?

Interview
Biometrics
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been Made
GCKey Notes:
Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
GCKey Notes:
Review of eligibility

Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We are in same boat
Do you receive any updates from GCMS note ?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I was wondering same thing. I applied end of May 2023 and in November they requested police certificate from me. Biometric and medical from my partner(in Canada-not refugee).
They did not request biometric from me.
But I know someone who applied for pr beginning of May and she gave biometric. They requested from her.
I was worrying about why they did not request from me:(

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
I was wondering same thing. I applied end of May 2023 and in November they requested police certificate from me. Biometric and medical from my partner(in Canada-not refugee).
They did not request biometric from me.
But I know someone who applied for pr beginning of May and she gave biometric. They requested from her.
I was worrying about why they did not request from me:(
As he mentioned above this policy started from June 14th, 2023 maybe that's why we didn't asked for ,

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

pkrgamer

Jan 4, 2024

Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
GCKey Notes:
Review of eligibility

Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
We are in same boat
Do you receive any updates from GCMS note ?

Mine is like yours but:

Background check
  • Not applicable.

Reactions: Melsi

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
When biometric instructions will come after application? And how we will get this? by portal or by email?

What are all steps after application?