+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
I applied in October but haven’t heard anything yet from it. I haven’t gotten a medical request either and they need that for both, right? :(
Medical is only needed for OWP if you intend to go into a job field that would require it (like healthcare or teaching, etc.). I don't know how long it usually takes to process the OWP when it is specifically submitted with the application. When it is submitted by itself they usually say it should be approved or rejected within 120 days. If it has been longer than that or is getting close, you may want to either submit a second one or follow up on your original to see what's going on with it and make sure it's 1. still being worked on and 2. that it will have a final decision in a reasonable timeframe for your current situation.

Reactions: mball

mball

Jan 11, 2024
Medical is only needed for OWP if you intend to go into a job field that would require it (like healthcare or teaching, etc.). I don't know how long it usually takes to process the OWP when it is specifically submitted with the application. When it is submitted by itself they usually say it should be approved or rejected within 120 days. If it has been longer than that or is getting close, you may want to either submit a second one or follow up on your original to see what's going on with it and make sure it's 1. still being worked on and 2. that it will have a final decision in a reasonable timeframe for your current situation.
Oh! Okay I should try that then. Should I use a webform to inquire about it?

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
Oh! Okay I should try that then. Should I use a webform to inquire about it?
Webform can take a couple weeks to a month to process and reply to an inquiry. I would personally recommend calling IRCC for an update (you'll need a lot of patience to get through to speak with someone) or just submitting a fresh OWP online that's separate from your PR application.

Reactions: mball

Prmug

Nov 22, 2023
My timeline Inland, waiting for Medical and background
  • File submitted: October 25, 2023
  • Schedule A request (gaps): November 21,2023
  • Sponsor received AOR: November 22, 2023
  • Biometrics requested: December 07, 2023
  • Eligibility completed (PR tracker): December 08, 2023
  • Pre arrival (PR tracker): December 09, 2023
  • Biometrics submitted: December 12, 2023
  • Biometrics updated: unknown
  • Schedule A submitted: December 14, 2023
  • SAP: December 18, 2023
  • AIP: December 18, 2023
  • Background verification: In process
  • Medical: not started
Did you submitted through web form or gc key because I also got schedule A req due to gaps , we got email that you can submit through gc key for fast response but in gc key there is no option for upload and it’s been 10 days I got that mail and dead line for submit ion is 10 feb so now I’m planning to upload it through web form but I worried that it takes longer time

abi90

Mar 10, 2016
Hi all, I am in a similar situation with my spouse's PR application. Biometrics request was sent on 12th Dec, Biometrics was given 15th Dec, Tracker was updated on 27th dec to Biometrics complete. After that - radio silence. I think I need to apply for an extension, as spouse's status ends Feb 20th and I doubt if this process will be done by then.
Just a few questions -
1. I am filling out form IMM 5710 - Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker. Is this the right form? I want to get my spouse an extension for stay as well as a OWP. Is it better to do only extension in the stay and worry about OWP later?
2. Would leaving Canada and going to the US and then coming back also work to extend spouse's stay?

Thanks

Gurgill

Jan 11, 2024
Did you submitted through web form or gc key because I also got schedule A req due to gaps , we got email that you can submit through gc key for fast response but in gc key there is no option for upload and it’s been 10 days I got that mail and dead line for submit ion is 10 feb so now I’m planning to upload it through web form but I worried that it takes longer time
Uploaded through web form

kaujlasukh

Jan 16, 2024
hi actually my friend came as a spouse visa with his wife she came as a student then they both got PR in express entry but now they got divorce. Now he is thinking to get marriage to another girl who is already in canada on work permit can shet PR aftre getting marriage with him kr not or her wrk prmt getting expire by the end of this year or aftre marriage can shet get stay or not?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi actually my friend came as a spouse visa with his wife she came as a student then they both got PR in express entry but now they got divorce. Now he is thinking to get marriage to another girl who is already in canada on work permit can shet PR aftre getting marriage with him kr not or her wrk prmt getting expire by the end of this year or aftre marriage can shet get stay or not?
Your friend can sponsor his new wife. Apply to sponsor her as a spouse WILL NOT give her legal status to stay.

She can either apply to extend her stay as visitor or wait for AOR of the spouse sponsorship application and then apply for OWP. With the OWP application, that will give her maintaince status if she remains in Canada.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hi all, I am in a similar situation with my spouse's PR application. Biometrics request was sent on 12th Dec, Biometrics was given 15th Dec, Tracker was updated on 27th dec to Biometrics complete. After that - radio silence. I think I need to apply for an extension, as spouse's status ends Feb 20th and I doubt if this process will be done by then.
Just a few questions -
1. I am filling out form IMM 5710 - Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker. Is this the right form? I want to get my spouse an extension for stay as well as a OWP. Is it better to do only extension in the stay and worry about OWP later?
2. Would leaving Canada and going to the US and then coming back also work to extend spouse's stay?

Thanks
When did u apply and get aor?

1. we never submitted that form. Just the owp itself.
2. If inland, i wouldnt risk that. Just apply for visitor record inside canada

abi90

Mar 10, 2016
When did u apply and get aor?

1. we never submitted that form. Just the owp itself.
2. If inland, i wouldnt risk that. Just apply for visitor record inside canada
I applied on Oct 19th and got AOR Nov 29th
When I fill out the questionnaire, I was taken to this form. This form has the 'Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer;
Yes this is inland application, so I think i'll submit a vistor record applicaiton.
Just one more question - should my spuse appky for a vistor record or me on her behalf?

thanks for the clarifications!

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I applied on Oct 19th and got AOR Nov 29th
When I fill out the questionnaire, I was taken to this form. This form has the 'Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer;
Yes this is inland application, so I think i'll submit a vistor record applicaiton.
Just one more question - should my spuse appky for a vistor record or me on her behalf?

thanks for the clarifications!
Id suggest to watch the hit and submit video on applying for the OWP. he covers it pretty well. I think you can submit on her behalf with 5476 and 5475.

Have you gotten medical request or completed eligibility? I think theres a bunch of us in the same batch

abi90

Mar 10, 2016
Id suggest to watch the hit and submit video on applying for the OWP. he covers it pretty well. I think you can submit on her behalf with 5476 and 5475.

Have you gotten medical request or completed eligibility? I think theres a bunch of us in the same batch
Thanks - I did watch the video, let me go back to that and see if I can use it to apply.
Medical - we have not got request for medical (not started)
Eligibility - not started
Background - in progress.
Biometrics - completed

Not sure what is the hold up, I don't even know if calling them up will help

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Thanks - I did watch the video, let me go back to that and see if I can use it to apply.
Medical - we have not got request for medical (not started)
Eligibility - not started
Background - in progress.
Biometrics - completed

Not sure what is the hold up, I don't even know if calling them up will help
Yeah theres a few of us stuck in the same batch. Ive called and said to wait