+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
I received AOR a week ago and nothing else ever since.

Submitted last week of October.

Has anyone received any updates other than AOR around the same timeline?.

I was expecting medical requesr by now.

Are you guys applying for open work permit as well?

Thank you.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I received AOR a week ago and nothing else ever since.

Submitted last week of October.

Has anyone received any updates other than AOR around the same timeline?.

I was expecting medical requesr by now.

Are you guys applying for open work permit as well?

Thank you.
Same timeline as you. Heard nothing since AOR. And yes applied Work permit the same day as AOR received. I think we will get BIl and Mil next week

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
Same timeline as you. Heard nothing since AOR. And yes applied Work permit the same day as AOR received. I think we will get BIl and Mil next week
Fingers crossed! How did you find apply owp? We have not applied yet. Did you any resources to help you? Thanks.

Whisperingleo

Dec 1, 2023
Applied: 28 Aug
Returned For incomplete Docs: Oct 5
Reapplied : Oct 6
AOR : Nov 6
Biometric instruction letter: Nov 22
Biometric Completed : Nov 23
Medical Request: Nov 24
Pre Arrival Letter : Nov 29

Vk29

Aug 5, 2023
If me select want to live in Canada then its asking for upfront medical, so what you have chosen ?

Grey grey

Sep 22, 2023
If me select want to live in Canada then its asking for upfront medical, so what you have chosen ?
Same question here. Should I wait until PR medical complete to apply for OWP? If don't have to wait, do I just submit the OWP application without medical?

Vk29

Aug 5, 2023
Same question here. Should I wait until PR medical complete to apply for OWP? If don't have to wait, do I just submit the OWP application without medical?
They are asking for medical doc while submitting the OWP application, at least an conformation details that we scheduled for medical.

Grey grey

Sep 22, 2023
They are asking for medical doc while submitting the OWP application, at least an conformation details that we scheduled for medical.
Right. So I guess those who can apply for OWP before PR medical have already done medical test in the past 5 years? In my case, I'm in Canada on visitor visa, so no medial done yet.

Applied: Oct 25
AOR: Nov 18
No bio or medical request yet.

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Could someone please let me know what should I answer for the question asking "have you previously been married or in a common law relationship?"

My spouse and I are cohabiting together since Jan 2022 and I applied for my PR in Oct 2022 (Declared as single in my PR application since we didn't satisfy common law partner criteria as 12 months weren't completed cohabiting), we got married recently in October 2023 and now applying for Inland sponsorship as a spouse. Do I answer as 'Yes' to the question asking for previous common law relationship and mention my spouse' name as a common law partner from the date we attained common law partner status(Jan 2023) to the date we got married(Oct 2023)? As we were satisfying the common law partner criteria with the same person before getting married.

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Right. So I guess those who can apply for OWP before PR medical have already done medical test in the past 5 years? In my case, I'm in Canada on visitor visa, so no medial done yet.

Applied: Oct 25
AOR: Nov 18
No bio or medical request yet.
So I had a medical exam done in the past 5 years so mine already has the completed status. But my understanding is that if you need the upfront medical exam you have to contact a panel doctor independently and say you need an upfront medical exam. Then they'll perform a standard exam. I'm not sure if the medical for PR requires more items than the standard exam so there's chance you'll have to return to the panel doctor shortly after. I'd wait until you get the request from the PR application. It's not taking long

Reactions: Grey grey

Vk29

Aug 5, 2023
So I had a medical exam done in the past 5 years so mine already has the completed status. But my understanding is that if you need the upfront medical exam you have to contact a panel doctor independently and say you need an upfront medical exam. Then they'll perform a standard exam. I'm not sure if the medical for PR requires more items than the standard exam so there's chance you'll have to return to the panel doctor shortly after. I'd wait until you get the request from the PR application. It's not taking long
Did you apply for OWP ? after receiving AOR ?