+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hi everyone - i am just starting an inland sponsorship application for my spouse who is on TRV right now and we are waiting for our marriage certificate.
Hoping to get answers to a few questions:
1) Is there anything we should do right now while we wait for our marriage certificate? Has anyone tried to get an expedited marriage certificate in Ontario? Is there any way we can get it sooner than 2 months?
2) Do we need to submit the PCC from our home country (India) right away with the PR application or can we upload it afterwards? The processing time for it is 8 weeks unfortunately. I was hoping we can get that process started but it requires address proof and we don't have any for my spouse ATM.
3) How long does the application for Open Work Permit take to get approved once we submit it?

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone - i am just starting an inland sponsorship application for my spouse who is on TRV right now and we are waiting for our marriage certificate.
1) Is there anything we should do right now while we wait for our marriage certificate? Has anyone tried to get an expedited marriage certificate in Ontario? Is there any way we can get it sooner than 2 months?
2) Do we need to submit the PCC from our home country (India) right away with the PR application or can we upload it afterwards? The processing time for it is 8 weeks unfortunately. I was hoping we can get that process started but it requires address proof and we don't have any for my spouse ATM.
3) How long does the application for Open Work Permit take to get approved once we submit it?
1) Make sure to go through the document checklist and that you can provide everything else that is required. Especially with proof of address, joint bills etc, if you don't have both of your names already on things, it'll have to wait until your next billing cycle/bank statement etc.
2) You NEED to submit the PCC from any relevant country at the time of the PR application, it is part of the checklist. The only exception is if you need one from Canada itself as IRCC will request one for the PA during the application process.
3) Current estimates are around 4 1/2 months for the OWP once submitted, it can take much less or much more time depending on many factors we're not privy with.

It seems that you'll have to wait for those 8 weeks anyway, so don't fret about the marriage certificate and focus on having your spouse on as many documents related to you and your home as possible. Also, take this opportunity to collect proof of a genuine relationship - go to places with them and take photos, share your life on social media if you are on some etc. Study the checklist to make 100% sure you can provide all the documents needed once you have your marriage certificate and the PCC.

Also, make sure that your spouse maintains their status in Canada. You need to be in status to submit an inland application, as well as to submit the OWP once you get the AOR for the PR application.

Reactions: uncommonfriend

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Anyone having trouble accessing the PR tracker? I'm getting a server error message on the link I've been using so far

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Seems like you got a great answer already.

I just want to add that I did try to expedite the marriage certificate (paid the fee and everything), they told me there were no guarantees they'd expedite it at all. In the end, it took them 10 weeks to register and 2 more weeks to arrive on the mail. So I'd recommend save your money and just wait. *edit to add I'm in Ontario

Reactions: uncommonfriend

davecook123

Nov 28, 2023
Got my portal 2 email which asked me to submit my photo and address. Am still waiting for ECOPR for 1.5 months. Not sure how long it is gonna take especially when it is at the last step

Reactions: Gill$&@

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Hello all,
We have received SA and AIP letters, Our Biometrics and Eligibility shows Completed, Medical not started and Background in progress, if anyone have any idea how long before I get the Medical request? We have received pre-arrival letter as well for my spouse.

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Hello all,
We have received SA and AIP letters, Our Biometrics and Eligibility shows Completed, Medical not started and Background in progress, if anyone have any idea how long before I get the Medical request? We have received pre-arrival letter as well for my spouse.
Not everyone requires a medica report. If your previous medical was done within the past five years then you will not be asked to do a medical report.

Reactions: RMR