+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<<<<2023 ECOPR Timeline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I applied this way initially Outland then changed to being inside Canada, I’m through the spousal pathway. Curently waiting 81 days for eCOPR.
What is your VO and what you have done for your status expiry in Canada as you are still not a PR technically ?

Lolob

Oct 13, 2023
What is your VO and what you have done for your status expiry in Canada as you are still not a PR technically ?
Entered as a visitor for the 6 month period, but since this is taking so long just applied for an open work permit through spousal sponsorship. The wait has been brutal.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Entered as a visitor for the 6 month period, but since this is taking so long just applied for an open work permit through spousal sponsorship. The wait has been brutal.
I am in the same boat, but I am thinking to apply for visa extension instead of OWP as OWP fees is much more then visa extension

yaadchahal

Nov 19, 2023
Hi guys,

Been following this group for a while and you've all been so very helpful. thank you all for all your information.

Just wanted to let you know that we got our ecopr this morning after waiting 2.5 months.

Aor may 29.
Portal 1 : Aug 15
Portal 2 : Sept 2
Ecopr : Nov 14
Vo : montreal

It was super frustrating waiting. The company who's work permit I was tied to (express entry lmia) collapsed 2 weeks ago. So we had 3 choices:

- do nothing (as the company collapsing wasn't our fault the work permit is still valid, I just couldn't work for anyone else.
- apply for open work permit based on my partners open work permit generated at the time of my lmia (linked to my lmia)
- get a new job with a new lmia.

We ended up applying for an open work permit but this seems to have triggered the ecopr (either that or it was just good timing).

Before this i sent several emails and rang several times, all seemed to do nothing to speed up the process.

Wishing you all the very best. The ecopr is in deed a very slow process but you will all get there.
portal 1 -25 august
porta 2- 2nd september
copr -still waiting

larson.k

Star Member
Apr 29, 2023
News like this just demoralizes me and makes me angry. Why is it taking 72 days to do something so simple? I'm 11 days in and I am hoping that mine does not take this long. Have you called IRCC? What did they tell you?
DEMORALIZING is not even close to what am feeling lol, just ridiculous

Reactions: melaneon