+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<<<<2023 ECOPR Timeline>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sunny0937

Oct 22, 2023
Question is I have travel plans to india in December. Can i still do it?
what should i do to come back (entry?)
Any complications or impact on my PR?
any expert to advise please!!!

VO Montreal
  • Information Request for PR Confirmation (email): September 13th 2023
  • Replied to the email confirming personal information: September 14th
  • Portal Invite (email) for PR Confirmation confirming address in canada: October 4
  • Uploading address & picture: October 10th
  • eCOPR: Pending
  • PR Card Arrived: Pending
You can travel. If you get COPR while you are away, then you need to apply for PRTD from outside Canada and you can come back once you get it.
If your COPR isn't issued by the time you want to come back, then your TRV will get you back in like normal scenario.

Keep in mind that PRTD takes time. If your COPR is issued while you are in India then you have to wait until your PRTD is processed which takes a few weeks, even more than a month. Really varies.
If you have to come back urgently, then you have to fly to US and enter Canada by land via a private vehicle or something. In that case your COPR seems to get you entry. I have not done it myself, but seen people do it.

Do you own research according to your situation but the short answer is you can travel.

Reactions: aravindguruswamy

Mayhum

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
not today and probably not tomorrow ((
Same story everyday!
Every day, I wake up with a hope that today might be the day I receive my eCOPR, and that hope fades as the day comes to an end. I have been living in this state of anticipation for the past three months.

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

respect72

Star Member
Oct 1, 2023
Same story everyday!
Every day, I wake up with a hope that today might be the day I receive my eCOPR, and that hope fades as the day comes to an end. I have been living in this state of anticipation for the past three months.
I am as well waiting since 3sep

when was your portal2 email?

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
eCoPR can take 6-8 weeks unless lucky with Montreal
You can leave the country without any issue
To return back , you will need PRTD since even if eCoPR is issued it is not valid for travel
If you return before eCoPR, your TRV is still valid
In some cases of travel, people reply to the Portal Email mentioning that they are outside country with a definite travel plan. In such cases IRCC will hold off on issuing CoPR so you can travel on your existing TRV

Good Luck
this is such a clear reply.. thank you so much!!

Reactions: BA101

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
You can travel. If you get COPR while you are away, then you need to apply for PRTD from outside Canada and you can come back once you get it.
If your COPR isn't issued by the time you want to come back, then your TRV will get you back in like normal scenario.

Keep in mind that PRTD takes time. If your COPR is issued while you are in India then you have to wait until your PRTD is processed which takes a few weeks, even more than a month. Really varies.
If you have to come back urgently, then you have to fly to US and enter Canada by land via a private vehicle or something. In that case your COPR seems to get you entry. I have not done it myself, but seen people do it.

Do you own research according to your situation but the short answer is you can travel.
thank you so much..
this is perfect...you have covered all scenarios! helps me.

so let me proceed with travel... and the road option is back up backup!
i will check more on that.

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
My brother got his eCOPR today after a long wait.
Here is his timeline -
Portal 1 - 12 Sep
Portal 2 - 18 Sep
ECOPR - 10 Nov
Address and Photograph - Still in Review
Office - Montreal

Good Luck Everyone! :)
congrats!!
so its moving in Montreal, but slower.... still great news.

mine is 10 oct on portal, so I imagine one more month to go for me... patience!!

Reactions: Jas155

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Here is his timeline -
Portal 1 - 12 Sep
Portal 2 - 18 Sep
ECOPR - 10 Nov
Office - Montreal

quick one... i see many people posting PORTAL 1 and PORTAL 2..... but i only got one email on portal, where i uploaded photo and address..
can you explain?

raju0x0

Oct 10, 2023
Here is his timeline -
Portal 1 - 12 Sep
Portal 2 - 18 Sep
ECOPR - 10 Nov
Office - Montreal

Is your mailing address approved?