+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
Hi everyone
I received an email from PR Portal says:
This email is to notify you that a new permanent residence confirmation case has been created under your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.
IS THIS THE P2 EMAIL?
I already have a portal account and I was mentioned that in my reply to the P1
Now I am able to login using my same credentials (they didn’t send me new ones)
Also I can see a new tab to confirm my PR
Should I go ahead or wait for another email?
PLEASE ANSWER …
That is it! Just follow the steps provided. Congratulations

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CTD Missisuaga - Montreal Immigration
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
I saw many replies about kai method …
Can someone send me a template email of how to use kai method to get the P2 email ?
I also need all the email addresses that I have to send them a copy.
Thank you
Could you elaborate on the kai method? I've not really seen it mentioned by name anywhere.

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
As I understood: it’s to simply send the same reply to P1 to all Visa offices email addresses (not only to the address who sent you the P1 email)
An even more stupid question from me then. Why would one want to do that in the first place? Hoping you might get lucky and attract an officer's attention to your file?

Last edited:

Syrian36

Star Member
Jan 17, 2024
An even more stupid question from me then. Why would one want to do that in the first place? Hoping you might get lucky and attract an officer's attention to your file?
It works for many cases , it worked for me actually
See my signature for more details

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
It works for many cases , it worked for me actually
See my signature for more details
Oh, I see! Thanks a lot for clearing things up for me, you're the best!
This method is only applicable to those who already got their P1 emails, right? So it wouldn't really make sense to try something like that if, say, I'm stuck in security?

Syrian36

Star Member
Jan 17, 2024
Oh, I see! Thanks a lot for clearing things up for me, you're the best!
This method is only applicable to those who already got their P1 emails, right? So it wouldn't really make sense to try something like that if, say, I'm stuck in security?
I think it works only to get P2 after getting P1
For your situation I believe the best is to request GCMS note , it may move the things forward

winterangel2022

Star Member
Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
hello everyone. I had requested ATIP and I just received it. it says I passed medical , criminality, and info sharing complete. Eligibility and security not started. Last update I received was medical passed on my GC Key account on March 2023. How long does it take to pass and get the letter? Please let me know. Thank you.
Hey how is your application going?

Syrian36

Star Member
Jan 17, 2024
Finally , I got my ECOPR today
Thank you for all members who shared their timeline and hoppfully everyone will get it soon
Also I saw that my ECOPR will expire after 45 days, what if I do not get my PR card by then?
Please see my signature for my full timeline.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Omar231

Nov 11, 2023
Hi, I received an email ,
You have been identified as a family member/dependent of an in-Canada applicant for permanent residence. As a result, you must be assessed for eligibility and admissibility whether or not you will be accompanying the in-Canada applicant. A visa may or may not be issued to you at the end of the processing even if it has been established that you meet all statutory requirements.
They asked for biometrics fees, and I’ve paid for them, and submitted all the documents they asked for, please does anyone know what afterwards