+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
Hi there,
Normally, after getting ur AOR ! There nothing to do unless IRCC request you some document or form.
You need to link ur GCkey / so you can see ur pourcentage.
But base on my own observation !!! All depend on who is working on ur file.
Basically, after 10 to 11 months after porcessing date started ! You might receive your Ecopr.
Okay. My application was received by IRCC June 14, 2022 via paper, 67% complete, remaining processing time 8 months. Did anyone experience the same, and had their PR approved earlier?. Thank you

whatliesbeneath

Jun 14, 2023
An update and a question:
Protected person,
Applied on August '22
AOR: February 23
Pre Arrival letter: July 23
PR portal request August 23
Portal credentials a week ago

My question is, response to my PR application seems quick, on the contrary, I applied for the Travel Document at the same time but it's still processing. I have to travel as soon as possible, do you think after ecopr, is it wise to request my passport back from IRCC?

Reactions: himankkohli6

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
Protected person,
Applied on August '22

My question is, response to my PR application seems quick, on the contrary, I applied for the Travel Document at the same time but it's still processing. I have to travel as soon as possible, do you think after ecopr, is it wise to request my passport back from IRCC?
I don't think you can request the passport back from IRCC if you are a real refugee. That's the reason they took our passports.

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Protected person,
Applied on August '22

do you live in Ontario or somewhere else ?

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
Protected person,
Applied on August '22

Congrats!. Did you apply online or on paper?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Protected person,
Applied on August '22

Congratulations. You are very lucky. In 13th month you r waiting for your ecopr.
we are in 20th month!!!! There is still nothing after pre arrival.
maybe you are single? Thats why its quick for you. Or your officer is faster than others :))

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
Thank you nature girl. I sent my application on paper. At that time that was the only option for refugees.
You are very Welcome!. What is your country of origin? Did you link your application to Gkey account? what was your processing percentage bar before receiving your pre-arrival letter?. I am sorry for asking many questions. I applied in May 2022 and still waiting.

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
You are very Welcome!. What is your country of origin? Did you link your application to Gkey account? what was your processing percentage bar before receiving your pre-arrival letter?. I am sorry for asking many questions. I applied in May 2022 and still waiting.
what is also your current status or the last update you got ? Thanks

whatliesbeneath

Jun 14, 2023
Congratulations. You are very lucky. In 13th month you r waiting for your ecopr.
we are in 20th month!!!! There is still nothing after pre arrival.
maybe you are single? Thats why its quick for you. Or your officer is faster than others :))
Thanks Captain. I think both is true, yes I am single and I thank to the agent, he is fast. Unfortunately the other agent, who works on my travel document seems like lazy.

whatliesbeneath

Jun 14, 2023
Yes I linked the application to my gckey after the AOR. I am from Turkey, my percentage bar was showing %51. My last status update is "final decision". The others didn't change.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello there

i will apply to pr within 1-2 weeks. what would you suggest me about application? which one is better online or paper based?
i wanna make application myself so i dont wanna pay anything to consultants. can i done it myself?

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hello there

i will apply to pr within 1-2 weeks. what would you suggest me about application? which one is better online or paper based?
i wanna make application myself so i dont wanna pay anything to consultants. can i done it myself?
Hi...

Apply the soonest possible please, and you will complete the missing form or document later. (So they can start compting)

Via post-canada. I think so !

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
Yes I linked the application to my gckey after the AOR. I am from Turkey, my percentage bar was showing %51. My last status update is "final decision". The others didn't change.
Okay. I thought the bar has to show 100% for all to be completed. Mine is 67% and still I have not receive any news. I am sure the officer is sleeping on my application.